Aug 05 2008

Floral & Aviary Ensemble

Today I’m posting the first in a two part series of a Floral and Aviary ensemble I designed back in February.  There are four cards to this series that go in a portfolio that I designed and watercolored to hold the cards.  I gave the fuchsia and hummingbird card to my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day and the blue bird and rose card was given as a sympathy card.  The cards were embossed on Fabriano Medioevalis folded cards and then watercolored. Tomorrow I’ll post the other two cards in the series, together with the portfolio that I kept them in.

Thank you for stopping by, I wish you a wonderful day!

fuchsia-hummingbird.jpg

• Paper:  Fabriano Medioevalis Folded Cards
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Tombow markers, heating tool, Ranger gold EP, watercolor brush, craft knife, dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds

bluebird-and-roses.jpg

• Stamps:  Elegant Inspirations (SU)
  • Paper: Fabriano Medioevalis Folded Cards
  • Ink: Versamark,
  • Accessories: Tombow markers, heating tool, Ranger gold EP, watercolor brush, Versamarker, Nestibilities Small Ovals

13 Responses to “Floral & Aviary Ensemble”

Jerri, these are so breath-takingly beautiful! You are truly the queen of watercoloring for sure. It is so hard to say which one I love the best.

Pinky

2. Kerry says:

Jerri, I can’t wait for you to do a watercolor tutorial. These are works of art. I would have a hard time giving them away. Thanks for information as to where to get the stamps. I really appreciate your fast answer.

3. Linda Marie says:

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

4. Oh My Gosh Jerri — this is just beautiful! You have such talent! I had a question for you! I heard that you use polished pigments with water and mix it that way to paint on projects — is that true? I have tried the medium that comes with it but haven’t tried straight water!! Thanks!! 🙂
    Julie

5. Oh my — each stop here evokes a great big sigh — larger than the last one!!! Truly breath-taking!!!! I could just sit and look at your work all day long!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and beautiful creations with us!!!

6. bronih says:

And WHY did I not know you were blogging?? Your cards are gorgeous as always!! So glad to have you out here in never, never land with the rest of us crazies!!

Oh my heavens, these are gorgeous. You are such a talented lady.

8. nancyruth says:

inspiring and beautiful, your work always touches my heart. thanks Jerri!!!

Gorgeous, Jerri! I need lessons!!!

10. Stamper Gail says:

Oh my goodness Jerri, I’m so excited to see all these beautiful works of art in such big photos. My new order should be here next Monday and the only one I don’t have from these is the Fushia. Oh yes and some of the butterflies. Although Heather called and asked me if there were anything else I wanted to add yesterday before shipping it out LOL!

You must start entering these more than gorgeous designs to the upscale magazines Jerri. You bring so much talent to the world of stamping. Unlike the older days of watercoloring where most everything looked country. Not that I don’t like country, but I really enjoy bringing back the elegance of gold embossing with your style of watercoloring. You are such an inspiration!!! My projects are coming along quite nicely, but I doubt that I’ll ever have the ability to make as lovely of creations as you do. That’s OK though because I’ll always be thankful for your inspiration.

Thanks so much for sharing with all of us.

11. Rama says:

These are absolutely beautiful cards. What an inspiration. I would love to receive a card like one of yours. Amazing. I am not able to find these stamps ‘Me and Carrie Lou’ Could you tell me where I can get those. I just love those images.

12. leslierich says:

These are the most beautiful stamps and your use of color is breathtaking! Gorgeous works, Jerri!

13. Judith W. Cobb says:

Your work is simply stunning! You have such a unique style and it looks like you have been stamping and watercoloring forever! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait for tutorials.