Aug 09 2008

Ladies Vintage Ensemble

Hello everyone!  I haven’t had a chance to post for a few days, it’s been incredibly hectic with all the shopping and packing for Stephen.  We still have a few more items to pick up and then the serious packing begins!

Since I haven’t posted in a few days, I’m posting several photographs of one of my favorite ensembles that I designed in February.  This vintage ensemble makes such a beautiful gift to give to a mom, grandmother, mother-in-law, favorite aunt, etc.  The purse is one of my favorite stamps because it’s so versatile.  To date, I’ve made four purses and will eventually post the other designs.  This purse has roses on it, the other purse designs include pansies, daisies, and a multitude of flowers.  I have an idea to design a Christmas purse with poinsettias on it, please stay stuned for future designs using this magnificent stamp.

This first picture is of the entire ensemble.  The shiny glow you see on the perfume bottles is a mixture of Gum Arabic with Pearl Ex powders.

vintage-ensemble-2.jpg

I embossed and watercolored the perfume bottles.  It’s hard to see the Dazzling Diamonds on the lids and around the floral areas on the bottles in this picture. They are about four inches in height and about 2 1/2 inches across.

vintage-ensemble-1.jpg

I opened the purse in this photo to show the detail on the inside.  I embossed and watercolored white mulberry paper and trimmed it to fit inside the purse.  I stamped the bible verse with a stamp from SU’s Elegant Inspirations set.  I adhered the mulberry paper to the inside of the purse using Crystal Effects.  Once that was dry I adhered an embossed piece of vellum over the upper portion of the inside of the purse creating a pocket.  I used a Versamarker to trace around the outside edges of the purse and embossed the edges with Ranger gold embossing powder.  I love seeing the watercolored mulberry paper through the vellum.  The white mulberry paper makes a beautiful lining inside the purse, in real life it looks like watercolored batiste.

vintage-ensemble-3.jpg

It was a joy watercoloring these items.  The compact and lipstick tubes fit perfectly inside the pocket of the purse.  The lipstick tubes were painted with a mixture of Gum Arabic and Pearl Ex, as well as the center of the compact.  The compact opens and has a mirror on the inside.

vintage-ensemble-5.jpg

This is a close-up of the outside of the purse.  I embossed the center of the purse with white embossing powder and painted inside the floral areas with the Gum Arabic and Pearl Ex mixture.  The two little flowers at the top of the purse were painted and cut out.  I used several layers of Crystal Effects to give them an enamel appearance.  I cut them with a craft knife and adhered them to the pearl strap of the purse.

vintage-ensemble-4.jpg

These vintage gloves are so adorable.  I painted them with a mixture of Gum Arabic and Pearl Ex.  I have several different mixtures of Gum Arabic and Pearl Ex.  In this project I used two different mixtures.  The mixture used on the purse is Pearl Pearl Ex and the mixture used on the gloves, lipstick tubes, perfume bottles, and compact is Iridescent Gold Pearl Ex.  I placed Swarovski crystals in a beautiful green shade across the top of the gloves, they measure about three inches in length and about one and a half inches in width.  They also fit adorably into the pocket of the purse.

vintage-ensemble-6.jpg

And finally, one last picture taken at a different angle to show the inside of the purse with the compact and lipstick tubes.  I love the pearls on the compact.  All of these extra touches really add a lot to this project.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my vintage ensemble.  As I stated above, it’s a wonderful gift for a mom, grandmother, etc.  Personally, I think Mother’s Day is the perfect occasion for a gift such as this.

• Stamps:   Elegant Inspirations (Stampin’ Up!)
  • Paper:  Canson watercolor paper cold pressed 140 lbs., card stock vellum, white mulberry paper
  • Ink:  Versamark, Versamarker
  • Accessories:  More Mustard marker, Tombow markers, heating tool, watercolor brush, blender pen, SU white embossing powder, Ranger gold embossing powder, pearl adhesives, Swarovsky crystals, pearl chain, Dazzling Diamonds, Pearl Ex, Gum Arabic, craft knife, stamp-a-ma-jig

20 Responses to “Ladies Vintage Ensemble”

Welcome to the blog world, Jerri!! You know I LOVE this set!!! (I just returned home from my vacation, and noticed you have a blog, so I had to stop by. *wink*)

2. SueB says:

Oh goodness, this is just beautiful – each piece a work of art.

3. Dawn Easton says:

Oh my word girl…I don’t know anyone that has such an eye for detail as you…you are so inspiring and amaze me constantly!!!

4. Oh Jerri, your work is exquisite! I could lost in one of your beautiful watercolors! I am in awe!!! Blessings~ Cindy

Oh my goodness gracious, this set is so beautiful. I loved it in the Fan Club gallery, and I’m lov’n it all over again. I love how your blending is so perfect. It couldn’t get any better than that!

Beth

6. Hi, Jerri! Well, you KNOW what I think about this project as well!!! Totally blows me away!!! You spend so much time and put so much love into each and every item you create — and it shows through so well!!! That purse and its mates are just so very, very beautiful — love all the mulberry and vellum layers on the purse inside — such an elegant touch!!! Beautifully done, my friend!!! Truly a work of art!!!

7. evette says:

Wonderful artistic creations Jerri. They truly reflect your love of art. Loving sparkles the way I do makes me love your creations even more. Plus the watercoloring is an area I am trying to break into. Your true talent given to you by our Lord is seen throughout your fantastic artwork. You are blessed. evette

8. nancyruth says:

stunning, beautiful wonderful, breathtaking!!

Jerri, I am so in awe of these project and your fabulous coloring. I would love for you to teach me how to make the mixtures you use. I don’t even own pearl ex and have no clue. I thought it could only be used with versa, etc. Duh! I need a lesson. You amaze me.

Jerri, this wonderful purse and all the ensemble you made to go w/it are truly a work of art. I cannot imagine the amount of time and effort it would take to put together such a beautiful project as this must have taken. This is so breath-taking and beautiful.

Pinky

11. Darlene (SCS: akronstamperdpk) says:

Absolutely stunning!! Every piece of this ensemble is a work-of-art! Gorgeous coloring and the attention to detail is amazing!!! I have inspected each piece carefully and I am in awe of the awesome beauty of your work! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I LOVE vintage and you have inspired me to venture outside my comfort zone. Thanks again for sharing your talents with us all!

12. Jami says:

I came across your blog while blog surfing, and am just in awe of your creations… I kept scrolling through all your blog entries just saying “Wow” over and over. You’ve got some real talent!! I’ll definitely keep coming back!!

13. Jerri this set is just so so incredible. Your attention to detail is second to none… absolutely none!! Every single piece is exquisite. You are amazing!!

14. Elaine says:

Wow. Talk about stunning…these are just so darn beautiful! I am really attracted to the richness of the color and the highlights that you do. Keep up the great work and thankyou for sharing!

15. Shel9999 says:

Oh my GOSH! Your detail is A-MAZING!!! SOO beautiful, Jerri!

16. OMGolly! These are fabulous! I’m so glad Cindy had your blog link on her blog to bring me here!

17. leslierich says:

Stunning, fabulous, breathtaking! There aren’t enough superlatives to describe this collection. Thank you for bringing such beauty and inspiration to our little papercrafting world!

18. Debi Nicol says:

This little purse is sooo classy! You are a really great artist! Thanks for sharing your talents with so many….my favorite!
    Debi Nicol at yahoo dot com

19. Cathy Wieder says:

Jerri, your work leaves me breathless! How can I possibly pick a “favorite”? If pressed, I would have to say the gloves and the tubes of lipstick are my absolute favorites. Each and every piece you create is a treasure. You are an amazing artist and an incredible inspiration.

20. Maria says:

Hello, Jerri. Where did you get the stamps for the compact & the lipstick & gloves? They are adorable!
    This is another beautiful piece of art!