Aug 11 2008

Today Stephen and I start our official packing (packing boxes, affixing labels to the boxes, etc.).  Wish me luck and much patience!  I’m so not looking forward to this.  We leave this Thursday and I keep pushing that date to the back of my mind.

It’s hard to believe it’s been two months since Stephen asked me to make thank you cards for the high school graduation gifts he received.  The summer has just flown by so quickly.  He asked me to make something masculine with no ribbon, I interpreted that to mean no bows and he asked for masculine colors as well.  After a few prototype cards this design is the one he chose.  He asked me to keep it simple and I think I was able to accomplish that (no watercolors). Instead of using the typical masculine stamps that I have, I decided to monogram the cards.  I love the DIY monogram stamper from JustRite, it was perfect for this project, I used the Small Round Monogram Stamper for the monogram.  I chose Stampin’ Up!’s Chocoloate Chip ink for the monogram color, I simply used the re-inker to fill up the JustRite ink pad for the stamper. For the thank you sentiment I used a set of sentiment stamps from Flourishes.  I made seven cards of each design for a total of 28 cards.

stephens-thank-yous-4.jpg

stephens-thank-yous-3.jpg

stephens-thank-yous-1.jpg

stephens-thank-yous-2.jpg

• Stamps:  JustRite Small Round Stamper, Flourishes
  • Paper:  Crate Paper, Close to Cocoa
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Vintage Photo
  • Accessories:  Making Memories copper brads, SU Mat Pack, sewing machine, oval punches, nestibilities, dimensionals, grosgrain ribbon

11 Responses to “Thank You Cards That are JustRite”

1. I love these, Jerri, JUST love them!!! I have so many thank you type cards to get done myself and my monogrammer has surely been neglected these last couple weeks!!! I just think I’ll break out some Crate paper, my JustRite stampers and go to town – this is VERY inspiring!!! Thank you!!! Enjoy your week — you’ll be in my prayers!!!

2. Candy aka cwilliams says:

Wow these are gorgeous Jerri!! Welcome to blog land!!

3. wow – those are gorgeous!!

4. Shel9999 says:

WOW! What a totally GORGEOUS, classy set !!!

These are all gorgeous, masculine cards. I popped onto Stephen’s blog the other night from your link below. He is a smart kid.

These cards are adorable. I am always in a quandary when it comes to a masculine card. I just started using the Just Rite Monogram Stamper and it is wonderful! Your card is a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Joan

Jerri, these are just perfect for a guy…I know it was hard not to put some bling, bling, etc. on them, but you did good, gf! I know he appreciated them as well. I will be thinking of you this weekend as you prepare to send your son off to college. I remember when my daughter left Georgia for VA to go to school so far away from us, but it was good for her and us. She was over 10 hours away! Be brave and you will get through this w/flying colors.

Pinky

Very nice thank you notes. I love the masculine style you did. I’ll bet your son loved to use them.

9. NANCYRUTH says:

fabulous Jerri, you really did a wonderful job on these. And you must be so proud of your son going off to college! Good luck with everything and keep us posted! Many inky hugs to you from StamPford to Florida!!!

10. Debbie Olson says:

Jerri, I just KNOW that he loved these! (Or at least if he were me, he would have! ;-D) Fabulous!

11. leslierich says:

My goodness, these are wonderful! What a great design and a big project! This is quite a turning point in your life. It will be difficult for a while, but you can be a very proud Mom and life will bring many more rewards to all of you.