Aug 13 2008

Tulip Clutch Bag

Published by at 6:00 am under Birthday,Monograms,Paper Tole,Purses

I’m taking a few minutes away from the packing today to post this thank you card that I watercolored for a lovely person I recently met that has been very kind and generous to me.  I snuck in a little time a few days ago to make it and have been trying to get a good photo of it and finally the sunshine came out this morning and shared its glorious rays long enough for me to get this shot.

Last month I designed a set of luggage and had so much fun in the design work that I decided to try it again.  I changed the colors, the handle, the monogram, and the clasp and came up with a slightly altered design.  I watercolored several tulips from the Thank You stamp simply tulip set by Flourishes using a combination of Yarka paints and Tombow markers.  Dimensionals were utilized to pop up the two larger tulips for added dimension.  I used the small monogrammer from JustRite Stampers for the initial “K”.  The decorative design and initial were colored with Stampin’ Up! markers direct to rubber and topped off with Dazzling Diamonds, although it’s a bit difficult to see the sparkle in the photo.  The faux stitching was done using a white gel pen from Sakura.

tulip-purse-copy.jpg

• Stamps: Thank You (Flourishes), JustRite Stampers
  • Paper:  Rose Red, Watercolor, Basic Grey (Perhaps)
  • Ink:  Versamark, Rose Red
  • Accessories:  Mat Pack, Sakura white gel pen, gold brad, dimensionals, paper piercer, Coluzzle, oval punch, corner punch, craft knife, Tombow markers, Yarka watercolor paints, watercolor brush, heating tool, Ranger gold embossing powder, Stampin’ Up! markers, Fiskars embossing plate, embossing stylus, nestibilities

17 Responses to “Tulip Clutch Bag”

1. This is just stunning!!!

2. SueB says:

I agree, stunning. Everything you do is perfect.

3. Watch Out Mr. Gucci… Jerri Kay’s in town!! lol This is so totally stunning, Jerri!!

4. Oh gosh, Jerri — this purse is to die for — WOW!!! The entire design is just fabulous, and then topped off with those beautifully colored tulips — oh my — it just takes my breath away!!! What a fabulous project — and lucky is the girl who ends up with this!!!

Jerri, I keep thinking you can no longer surprise me as everything you make is so wonderful. But….you just keep “kicking it up a knotch” on every new project. I love this purse. YOur friend is going to die when she gets it.

Beautiful! What a great idea!

Joan

7. nancyruth says:

over the top Jerri, just fabulous!

8. Vicky Gould says:

Your work is just absolutely amazing – from design to coloring – I am one of your biggest fans, Jerri! Love this – looks so expensive!

Jerri, this is off the chart gorgeous, gf! I know your friend will be so excited when she gets this from you. It is truly a work of art. I love, love, love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinky

10. MarieB says:

Is this a treat for the eyes or what? This is just beautiful and loved seeing it to start my day. Marie

11. Debbie Olson says:

Oh, JERRI! This is breathtakingly lovely–you SO nailed this design!

12. evette says:

WOW, WOW, WOW……what more can I say? This is the most detailed, fantastic card I have ever seen. You really did a wonderful job. evette

13. Dianne K says:

Jerri,

I just recently discovered your website. Thank goodness I did! Your work is fabulous. The detail work is amazing. Your friend is very lucky to be receiving this beautiful card!
    I will definitely be looking in on your website on a regular basis.

Dianne

14. Oh my gosh Jerri! This is just too pretty for words! I actually shrieked when I saw it. The gold embossed tulips look so lucious!! 🙂

15. Elaine says:

So stunning! I wish someone could make a real purse like this for me to use! I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

16. leslierich says:

Oh, yes! I saw this on Splitcoast. I can’t believe how much it looks like a real hand bag. What a glorious piece of work. It’s just beautiful, Jerri!

17. Thelma says:

I can’t wait to get the template of this purse. It is beyond fabulous as most of your work is. Thanks so much for taking the time to post this.