Sep 06 2008

Watercolored Calendar – February & March

Published by at 10:37 pm under Calendar,SCS Design Team

Hi everyone, I’m continuing with my calendar and will continue to post the months, hopefully two at time, until the complete calendar is posted.   As you can tell from my blog banner and most of my posts, watercolor is what I enjoy most.  I don’t consider myself a good card designer.  Just give me a brush, some watercolor paper, paints, or Tombow markers and let the creativity begin.  Most of my cards are very simple, I enjoy letting the watercolor be the focal point that draws the eye.

I get so excited when I go to my stamping room and have time to pull out my stamps and design a watercolor scene.  Sometimes I only have a few hours so I just watercolor flowers and put them aside for a day when I have time to play in a challenge.  Flowers are my favorite, I love gardening, I’m truly happiest when I’m up to my elbows in Black Cow, which totally repels my kids.  Too funny!

february.jpg

I designed the month of February with Valentine’s Day in mind.  I stamped and embossed the music background and then masked around it with light tack masking tape.  I brayered over it with black ink and then wiped the ink from the gold music notes.  The gold background is a wash that I did with More Mustard.  I watercolored the two roses on a separate piece of watercolor paper and cut them out using a craft knife.  When dry, I adhered the roses to the music sheet.  The small calendars are attached with velcro so that they can be changed from year to year.  Someone asked in my previous post for January where I got the small calendars.  I downloaded them from the Crafty Secrets web site, which I encourage you to visit.  There are so many amazing stamp sets and products available, of which I own quite a few, I might add.  If you like vintage stamps, you’ll definitely want to visit Crafty Secrets.

march.jpg

March is one of my favorite calendar pages, I love these vibrant colors!

• Paper:  Canson watercolor 140 lbs. coldpressed, Basic Black, Real Red, Ballet Blue
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Tombow markers, More Mustard marker, watercolor brush, heating tool, Ranger Gold/Gold Tinsel embossing powder, Versamarker, craft knife, velcro, dimensionals, calendars downloaded from Crafy Secrets

18 Responses to “Watercolored Calendar – February & March”

1. Shel9999 says:

Your designs, Jerri, are absolutely breathtaking. And you should consider yourself a FABULOUS card designer. Your banner….breathtaking!!! And I’m so happy to hear that you’ve attached the calendars with velcro. (Whew! I was worried. lol.)

2. SueB says:

You are AMAZING!!! These are stunning and like Michele, I’m glad you attach the calendar with velcro – great idea. I was the one that asked where you got the calendars – thank you for the tip.

Oh my goodness Jerri, these are absolutely breath taking. Beautiful, Beautiful and more beautiful.

Joan

I love all your calendar pages, but I have to agree w/you, March is my favorite month! These are so beautiful and yes, you are a wonderful card designer!

Pinky

5. Janine says:

Just beautiful Jerri!!
    Love your watercoloring!

6. Love your amazing talent. I really like the music themed sheet but they are all gorgeous. One question-how do you do a wash as mentioned in the February post. Thanks for sharing.

Bev J.

7. Jerri beaautiful, I love your creations.
    I don’t have that subscriber thingy on my blog cause i can’t figure out how to get it . I do have on the top left hand side folllow this blog. I use Google reader to subsribe to the blogs I love, I have your blog on it.
    Happy Sunday.

8. Shirley Lee says:

Jerri, your last calendar pages inspired me that I went on line to find whatever Me and Carrie Lou stamps I could find. Did get the hummingbird and paid a hefty price for it but it was well worth it. Your calendar pages and other artwork are just stunning. What talent you have! Am also glad you adhered the pages with Velcro.

Shirley L.
    Roseville, CA

9. Beautiful Jerri! Your watercolouring is amazing, even up close it’s perfect! You are a fabulous designer, letting the images take the lead!

10. Two more truly beautiful pages to your calendar!!! WOW, what a pleasure to view these pages each day of the year!!! Your talent is amazing and your designs are wonderful!!! Don’t sell yourself short on that account for one minute!!! LOVE this project!!!

11. Dealbaida says:

Greetings from a wet, windy and cold seaside town in the West of England, UK!
    Hi Jerri! Thank you for sharing your wonderful calendar pages. You are one mightily talented and inspirational lady.

Visiting your pages gives me enormous pleasure, and I look forward to seeing the rest of 2009 unfold as the days go by!

Thank you again and kindest of wishes

Marion

12. Wow, Jerri, these are GORGEOUS!!! I really need a bib when I view your blog…I drool all over the keyboard! 🙂

13. Teresa Puterbaugh says:

These are very beautiful! I love that they can be used every year. This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing your talent!

14. Michele says:

These are absolutely breathtaking!!!! Gorgeous!

15. Elizabeth Sova says:

Those are my favorite colors too 🙂 I love what you can do in watercoloring. I’m slowly learning, but I haven’t tried doing it on watercolor paper – duh! Thanks for challening me to go try it, and thank you for stunningly beautiful inspiration.

16. leslierich says:

Your watercoloring seems to have a life of it’s own but, of course, it’s you who brings it to life. Absolute incredible beauty in these pages!

17. rainy says:

It is so wonderful to be able to see these on your blog where they are larger and even more spectacular. I get mesmerized looking at these beautiful works of art, Jerri.

18. Debi Nicol says:

WHOA! this is stunning…absolutely Terrific!