Dec 01 2008

Christmas Cookies

Welcome everyone, today is day one of Stamp Simply Celebration!  To see all the events going on please visit notimetostamp (Sharon Johnson) and click here to see the information on the tab at the top of the page, above the blog banner, we are calling it Party Central.  Sharon and Janine are both giving away blog candy so you’ll want to visit their blogs.  You don’t want to miss out on all the goodies and festive ideas!  For the next twelve days there will be challenges, blog candy, and lots of fabulous designs from some fabulous designers to help you prepare for your holiday season.  I’m excited to be a part of this wonderful Christmas celebration and hope that you enjoy it as much as we did working behinds the scenes getting ready for it.  Thank you so much for stopping by.

Anyone can play any of the challenges by any of the hostesses during our 12 days of Stamp Simply Celebrates!!!   You DO NOT have to have a Blog to playuploading your project to SCS (Splitcoaststampers.com) is not only permissible, but HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.  When doing so, use the KEYWORD SSC08.

Today’s challenge is hosted by Janine Orchard.  Janine is hostessing a cookie recipe exchange.  It’s quite simple, simply choose your favorite recipe, bake, package, add a tag or card (in my case a spatula), and post the recipe.  You have one week to complete your project.  Please see Janine’s blog for further instructions.  If you are uploading your project over at Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword SSC08 and link back to Janine letting her know you’ve participated.

I’ve baked my favorite cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies.  My mom made these cookies for me when I was growing up and now I make them for my kids.  If you’re a peanut butter fan, these cookies are a must try!

cookie-challenge-1.jpg

This was super simple, super fast to make!  I embossed a  poinsettia, cut it in half, watercolored it and then adhered it to the panels.  I used the large nestibilities to cut the panels.  The recipe was typed on my computer and printed out on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the nestibilities as well.  I outlined each panel with a Krylon 18K gold pen.  I embossed holly leaves, watercolored them, and cut them out and adhered to the bag using glue dots.  A strip of 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon was tied around the bag and a miniature spatula was inserted into the tie.  A super easy project with a beautiful presentation!

cookie-4.jpg

• Ink:  Versamark
  • Paper:  Kaiser Christmas DP, Garden Green, Whisper White
  • Accessories:  Computer, Kaiser jewels, 18K gold Krylon pen, nestibilities, wizard, miniature spatula, craft knife, heating tool, Ranger gold/gold tinsel EP, watercolor brush, Tombow markers, red 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon, coffee bag

Check out Janine Orchard’s sample here.

Check out Darlene Pavlick’s sample here.

Check out Jennifer Buck’s sample here.

Check out Deb Saaranen’s sample here.

Check out AJ Otto’s sample here.

Check out Barb Shram’s sample here.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:

• 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 bag chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup plain flour

Directions:

Cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugar, and eggs.  Add in tightly packed brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder.  Now add in the flour, 1/3 cup at a time, once flour has all been added, stir in the bag of chocolate chips (I use the small bag of Hershey’s chocolate chips.  I’ve also tried mint chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, both are fabulous.).  Bake on a cookie.  The amount of time will vary on what size you make your cookies. I like to place my dough in the frig for a couple of hours, they don’t flatten out when baking if they are first chilled.  For this batch I used about 1/4 cup of dough for each cookie and baked for 18 minutes.

134 Responses to “Christmas Cookies”

1. What yummy looking cookies and spectacular presentation Jerri! I love the spatula along with the recipe on your packaging– so creative!

2. Oh my gosh, Jerri — this packaging is to die for!!! Totally FABULOUS!!! I LOVE the spatula added to the bag — how clever, cute and appropriate — and the recipe on the bag front is a GREAT idea!!!! This is a wonderful sample — thank you so much!!! OH, and the cookies look and sound wonderful as well!!! And ANOTHER beautiful table — oh my — what can I say!!!

3. LeAnne says:

Gorgeous presentation!
    LeAnne

4. Oh Wow Jerri … what AWESOME presentation and these cookies look yummy!! LOVE how you displayed your recipe on the outside of the bag … what a beautiful gift idea for someone!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe and talents!!!

5. Just absolutely stunning, Jerri! I LOVE this! You’re amazing girl! 🙂 Hope you are doing well and that you have a wonderful day! 🙂

6. leslierich says:

Oh, how wonderful, Jerri! This is totally elegant, and I love peanut butter cookies! What a nice touch, adding the spatula. A beautiful gift!

7. Janine says:

Absolutley breathtaking Jerri!! Thank you so much for helping us start the week off with a bang!!!

8. barb schram says:

OMGoodness, Jerri! This bag is spectacualr, with that spatula and all! Love your work and all the inpiration you share with us! Have a great day!

9. […] some GREAT Cookies, recipes and packaging to share with you:   Jennifer, Darlene, Deb, AJ, Barb, Jerri, […]

10. Oh my goodness, that’s AWESOME! Wow!

11. Cathy says:

Oh wow, Jerri… LOVE the way you did that! So, so elegant! What a spectacular way to present cookies as a gift!

12. Cindy H. says:

The recipe sounds fabulous!! I’ll be trying it for sure:) Your cooking container is pure elegance!!! Your watercoloring is gorgeous! TFS

13. […] unknown wrote an interesting post today onA Touch of Grace » Christmas CookiesHere’s a quick excerpt4 Responses to “Christmas Cookies”. # DeborahLynneS on 01 Dec 2008 at 8:04 am. What yummy looking cookies and spectacular presentation Jerri! I love the spatula along with the recipe on your packaging– so creative! … […]

14. […] unknown wrote an interesting post today onA Touch of Grace » Christmas CookiesHere’s a quick excerpt4 Responses to “Christmas Cookies”. # DeborahLynneS on 01 Dec 2008 at 8:04 am. What yummy looking cookies and spectacular presentation Jerri! I love the spatula along with the recipe on your packaging– so creative! … […]

15. Cynde says:

What a beautiful package Jerri! I would love to receive something so pretty from a friend. Great idea…and I’m going to put your receipe to use also.
    Cynde

16. Wonderful presentation! Love it.
    Happy Holidays
    Heather

Oh! I’d just settle for the embellishments on the bag. Gorgeous gift, Jerri!

18. […] unknown wrote an interesting post today onA Touch of Grace » Christmas CookiesHere’s a quick excerpt4 Responses to “Christmas Cookies”. # DeborahLynneS on 01 Dec 2008 at 8:04 am. What yummy looking cookies and spectacular presentation Jerri! I love the spatula along with the recipe on your packaging– so creative! … […]

19. […] unknown wrote an interesting post today onA Touch of Grace » Christmas CookiesHere’s a quick excerptFor the next twelve days there will be challenges, blog candy, and lots of fabulous designs from some fabulous designers to help you prepare for your holiday season. I’m excited to be a part of this wonderful Christmas celebration and … […]

20. Amy Johnson says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love the nesties label, how you put the recipe on the front of the package, the gold embossed pointsettias, and the spatula. Great job as always!

21. What a pretty package you created. The cookies look delicious and the recipe is gorgeous! Love the mini spatula. tfs

22. Darlene says:

What a beautiful package. I love the recipe on the front and the way you did the poinsettia. Looks and sound like a delicious recipe – thanks for sharing it. You set a gorgeous table – looks so festive.

23. Absolutely beautiful, Jerri! And I love how you included the little spatula in your packaging! Those poinsettias are gorgeous!

24. What a YUMMY gift….especially with one of your watercolored works of art on the packaging! I could never ever ever ever throw that bag away! Fabulous gift giving idea! {{hugs}}

YUMMY cookies, Jerri!! Your bag is so gorgeous with your stunning poinsettias!! Just lovely!!

26. rainy says:

Yummy delicious and of course as always your coloring is perfection!!

27. Cheryl says:

Fantastic!!!The cookies look YUM and the packaging is stunning!!!

WOW, Jerri….this is fabulous!!! Your bag is over the top gorgeous and I love how you added the recipe and the spatula….perfection personified!!!!!

29. My daughter would flip over these Jerri, she’s peanut butter crazed 🙂 I LOVE your presentation….very adorable and festive!

30. jeanne nielsen says:

The recipe looks fantastic, but the presentation is even better! So elegant but fun! TFS! Jeannie

31. How incredibly fun and gorgeous and yummy all at the same time!! I LOVE the idea of adding the spatula! WONDERFUL!!

32. C Burke says:

What a pretty and tasty gift this will make. There’s something to enjoy now as well as something to remember your gift by when it’s used later.

33. katemeri says:

I’m in awe at your beautiful creations – and those cookies sound delish!

34. Carole says:

Hi Jerry,
    Your package is beautiful. I love the idea of the spatula.

35. Michelle V says:

So beautiful! It’s amazing what you do with that holly! Anyone would be happy to receive this gift from you.

36. Kellye Newburn says:

I love the idea of including the recipe and a spatula withe homemade goodies!!

37. Toni says:

The mini spatula was the perfect embellishment for your packaging!

Very pretty! Thanks for the recipe, that’s nice and easy to make with my little girl 🙂

39. jules p says:

Thank you for the recipe and that is a darling way to package them for christmas and for gifts. thanks

40. Michelle A. says:

…you had me at Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies…=) Yummy! Great project, The gold accents just pop & look antastic…. love the green spatula that you added too – so cute. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe…. I would love to make some PB chocolate chip cookies.

41. Michelle A. says:

…you had me at Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies…=) Yummy! Great project, The gold accents just pop & look fantastic…. love the green spatula that you added too – so cute. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe…. I would love to make some PB chocolate chip cookies.

42. Glenda J says:

The cookies sound delicious and I’ll save the recipe. I’ve never seen a recipe card as pretty as this one and it would be way too pretty to file away! Thanks again for all you share.

43. Great gift idea ! I’ll have to try those cookies they sound reallly yummy !

44. Shelly says:

Once again you’ve come up with something I would have never thought of, Jerri. The spatula makes such a unique embellishment. Great idea!

45. Lisa Dickinson says:

I’d have never put gold embossing with lunch bags; but it’s so YOU and I love the look of it. I didn’t think I’d want this particular nestability, I thought it looked to busy; I do like it layered with the gold, hmmm…I might get it after all!

46. morningglory says:

You really amaze me. What an awesome presentation. Can’t wait to try the cookies.

47. Diana Downey says:

What yummy cookies and your presentation is spectacular! I love the spatula along with the recipe on your packaging. How creative!

48. Eileen McClean says:

you add such details to an ordinary thing like this recipe card and make it gorgeous, thanks for these ideas and the opportunity to win
    Eileen

49. Nancy C says:

Brown bags have never looked classy!!!!! Fabulous!

50. Cheryl B. says:

The cookies sound yummy and I love the bag you made for them! Thanks for the recipe, I think I will give them a try this Christmas.

51. Ellen Smith says:

I want a cookie! Love the package..

52. Carol P says:

Who carea how the cookies taste when they come in a package like this…..gorgeous!!!

53. SueB says:

Super packaging for sharing the cookies! I used to make cranberry bread in December ’til one year I held a taste test and my DH couldn’t tell mine from the Pillsbury quick breads (now I use them)!

54. Pam P says:

Beautiful gift packaging, but I haven’t seen anything on your blog that isn’t beautiful! Love the spatula and recipe idea. Thanks for sharing all of your gorgeous ideas with us.

Yet, another great idea!!! I love the homemade gifts, and always laugh when people say “YOU made this?”…..I know they don’t mean anything by it, but its just the way they say “YOU”…cracks me up everytime!!! Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing!

56. Mary Campbell says:

I love your coloring on the poinsetta and holly leaves. Most beautiful I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

57. Janet Swofford says:

One word “Yummy!” Your cookies look fabulous and your package is adorable. TFS!!! [email protected]

58. Becky Yoder says:

Can’t wait to try this recipe – yum! Also love the “recipe bag”. It would be great for a bridal shower gift, too!

59. Kathie says:

Yummy, what a cool idea!

60. Great recipe and an elegant package! thanks!

61. DebbyG says:

Yum! I’ll have to try this.

62. Barb (GrandmaUpNorth) says:

Your cookies sound delicious. Your presentation is fantastic. And love the recipe card and bag. Great job.

63. Sheri Danielson says:

You cookies look delightful! But the recipe card is what I would showcase by framing it and putting it on my wall! Or on an easel on the counter. Stunning, Jerri

Sheri

64. Barbara says:

Yummy – cookies, beautifully presented.

65. StampinCathy says:

WoW!! This packaging is just amazing and so inspiring.

66. Rama says:

The cookies look scrumptious and the presentation is so darling.

67. Nancy Park says:

How cute! I really like the elegance of gold with the brown paper bag. Another great from you.

68. Selma says:

What a beautiful presentation.

69. Linda T says:

My SIL would love a gift like this one. She does major baking every Christmas – last year I think it was about 1300 pieces!

70. Rebecca B. says:

Oh my those cookies look deeeee-lish! ~Rebecca

71. Toni K says:

Beautiful presentation! Absolutely gorgeous!

72. Susan Rothbauer says:

YUM! Great packaging!

73. Lois (clownmom) says:

Cute bag! I like the idea of putting the recipe on the outside!

74. Carolyn (snowmanqueen) says:

Pretty gift bag, cookies look yummy!

75. Linda E says:

Thanks for the recipe and the great packaging idea!

76. Sandy K says:

What a beautiful way to give a gift of cookies? Love it!

77. Allison F says:

That is so cute! I love how you even matched the spatula! Anyone would be so lucky to receive that gift!

78. Marisa says:

What a wonderful little gift. Love how you attached the spatula to the bag too 🙂 Great idea.

79. Cathy says:

What a fun way to spruce up a cookie gift! I enjoy baking during the holidays and give out most of it. This idea is super useful in my world. THANKS!
    Cathy Spicer

80. Lisa808 says:

Your cookie packaging is so pretty. The cookies sound good too! Thanks for sharing.

81. Darlene L says:

Thank you for the recipe. Your gift looks so inviting. Love the addition of the spatula. darlene

82. Angie Marion says:

yum!!! cookies!!! can you send those my way please?!

Have a good one!

Angie

83. Susan B says:

What a great idea for a gift. The decorated spatula is too cute!

84. Roberta says:

How about sending those cookies directly to me. They sound yummy! Love the gift too.

85. Nancy C. says:

Your Mom’s recipe sounds yummie!! I will definitely try it out! Thanks!

86. Lisa says:

Those cookies would be so good right now (its just before lunch 🙂 ) Putting mint chips in sounds like it would be a great addition. I’ll have to try it (after Christmas I’m afraid.)

87. Debbie Stelton says:

Wow what a great project and those cookies look so yummy TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

88. Cookies look so yummy! I love this presentation, spatula is so cute!!!

89. Candy says:

Didn’t know about Me & Carrie Lou stamps before now — but am certainly glad you’ve introduced them to me. I am a definite fan now.

90. Sue D says:

Very cute presentation and the recipe sounds delicious–I’m going to give it a try!

91. Carolyn Sharkas says:

Those cookies sound delicious. thanks for sharing the recipe, too.

carolyn s

ceashark at aol dot com

92. Gvendalen says:

Oh, how wonderful, Jerri! This is very elegant. A beautiful gift!

93. Dana Herin says:

I never would have thought about including a minature version of an item as an accent. I love the spatula with the recipe card!!!

94. linda patti says:

yummy sounding recipe, has my mouth watering!! I’ll have to give it a try!

95. Carla H. says:

Luv your continuous theme with traditional colors. The baking gift looks fabulous!! xoxoxo

96. gail says:

You are so talented, thankyou for sharing. g

97. Isabel Z says:

Who knew that a brown paper bag could be so elegant? I love the addition of the spatula and the details on the holly are amazing. Thank you for sharing.

98. Nadine Papove says:

What a fabulous gift! Your work is truly inspiring. I’ll have to give both the cookies and this beautiful packaging a try. It’s all in the details. Thanks again for the inspiration.

99. Kerry from PA says:

LOL – love that spatula. The poinsettia is so pretty and of course the nesties just create a perfect frame. What a neat gift.

100. Hilda says:

Another gorgeous presentation! The detail in your designs is amazing. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

101. CherylG says:

I don’t have any Me & Carrie Lou stamps—I may have to check into getting some,
    but I do love my nestabilities………Your coloring is wonderful!
    CherylG
    mcgodfrey918at hotmaildotcom

102. Rene Mewes says:

The cookies look delicious! And that’s very nice of you to share the recipe!

Rene’ Mewes
    [email protected]

103. Julia says:

I think I just gained another pound just looking at the cookies!

104. Jennifer says:

What a fun project! A great gift for anyone!

Jennifer L.

105. Linda Bandow says:

Love how you’ve pulled everything together with a theme….and I must admit I will be tryin’ that recipe.

106. rebecca says:

I’d love to try this, but I’m afraid I’d be giving away empty bags. The cookies sound absolutely scrumptious! Thanks for letting us play along with you.

107. Ann says:

These look delicious, and the presentation is so nice.
    Ann

108. Gail H says:

You are so creative!!!!

Gail H. 🙂

109. Linda Sims says:

I enjoy seeing projects with the nestabilities. I can’t wait to get this set and try your project.

110. Christy says:

What a beautiful bag and presentation! I love the holly leaves – they really pop and make the bag a “wow” bag. I can’t wait to try this!

111. Cindyb says:

Another awesome project, and now I’m craving peanut butter cookies!

112. Karen L. says:

That packaging is so pretty, and the addition of the spatula adds even more charm. I love the gorgeous poinsettia!

113. Linda says:

Oh, my grandson’s gonna be thrilled with Nana’s new cookie recipe. I’m sure they will be as luscious as your presentation of them.

114. SHartl says:

I would love to get a gift like this! Don’t know which I love more, the cookies or the packaging!

115. Cheri Howard says:

Mmmm….yummy! The recipe AND the packaging!

116. Maxine says:

Now there’s a new recipe – as for the packaging, that is a work of art in itself!!

117. AnneSATX says:

Ok, you’ve convinced me to look for that stamp! And the recipe looks scrumptious. Beautiful packaging. Thanks so much.

118. Marsha says:

What a darling idea. Love the added touch of green spatula. Very cute.

119. Michelle says:

Loving the embellishments on the bag!

120. Dean says:

Beautiful flower and wonderful sounding recipe.

Thanks for sharing

121. Pam Clay says:

An ugly duckling, kraft bag turned into a beautiful, festive gift in the hands of a talented woman!! Who wouldn’t love goodies in a lovely bag like this?!

122. jeanne nielsen says:

Wow! So lovely! Where did you find a miniature spatula like that (I’d love to know – I’m hosting a cookie exchange this year.) TFS! Jeannie

123. Sarah Denny says:

Those look yummy! And I like that bag, great guift idea!

Sarah Denny

124. Julia Carter says:

Hey!
    Can a girl get a cookie??? T
    hose look yum-ilicious!!

I am definatly jackin’ your idea and making some of these as a gift! Is that like a mini-spatula attached to the bag? Cute!

Julia

125. Wanda Cullen says:

This is my first time on your blog and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your style!! This helps me with figuring out how to package a snack treat I plan to make for about a dozen co-workers. Thanks for the inspiration!

126. I love these – thanks for the receipe

127. DEE F. says:

THIS IS A WONDERFUL GIFT IDEA.
    I’ll probably be using this idea because I love collecting cookie recipes.

128. Nan says:

Cute idea and thanks for the recipe!

129. Colleen says:

So beautiful and I love that Kaider DP. Seeing your cookies and the beautiful recipe card totally puts my in a “Holiday Baking” mood.

130. Lucia M says:

OMG, I definitely want to do something like that for my grandma! This is gorgeous!!!

131. Wonderful Christmas idea, tfs Also thanks for the recipe

132. Danielle Smith says:

LOVE this idea! The packaging is so cute with the spatula! TFS 🙂

133. Karen Arthur says:

I love this idea and it looks so pretty. The cookies look yummy too.