Dec 08 2008

Stamp Simply Celebration Day 8

Published by at 1:00 am under Christmas,Holiday

Hi Ladies, I’ll try to be back later today to post my design, I got in late last night from Chicago, totally exhausted.  We had a wonderful time, my son took this picture of me in the snow.  Now I know being out in the snow is no big deal to many of you, but this is only the third time in my life that I’ve seen the stuff and I thought it was absolutely positively wonderful and oh so beautiful!  I so wish it snowed in Florida.  We got snow flurries the first day we were there and a couple of inches the second day.  Daniel and I wanted to make a snowman and soon realized you can’t with fresh snow, it’s too powdery.  Daniel did, however, make a snow ball that landed square in my back.  I could totally be a kid out playing in the snow.  I never got cold . . . maybe it was the excitement.

jerri-in-chicago-2_edited-1.jpg

Today is Day 8 of the Stamp Simply Celebration.  While I don’t have a design to share with you today, I want to let you know that the party continues and hope you visit everyone to see their fabulous designs, join in Julie’s challenge and enter to win the fabulous blog candy that Julie is giving away.

ssc-challenges.jpg

You can see more great examples today from Julie’s designers:  Leslie, Deb, Joan, Barb, Jennifer, Sharon, and Tammy.

67 Responses to “Stamp Simply Celebration Day 8”

1. Jerri — I LOVE your photo!!! I see you got all spruced up in your new winter duds!!! You make a natural for winter attire!!! LOL!!! Now, you must store them away for how many years — LOL!!! You really should travel up to the northern states more often!!! Glad you had a good time but glad you are home safe and sound!!! TFS!!!

2. Hey there, cutie-pie! You can come on up to NH and play in the snow with us ANYTIME! As long as I can come down when I just can’t take it any more…haha! Glad you had a good trip! Get some rest, girlie!

3. Aren’t you just the cutest thing ever in your hat and warm outfit! You know you are a southerner when you don’t even zip your jacket!!! In the mountains we get mountains of snow — so hitch a ride west and you can throw all the snowballs you want!! 🙂

Hey there snowbunny…you look adorable but looking at the snow makes my blood gel…..glad you had a good time and made it back home to thaw out!!!

5. Deb Saaranen says:

Such a cute picture! I guess we take snow for granted– we have so much of it for so many months! Glad you had such a fun time with your son!

6. Becca Feeken says:

Jerri, I’m so glad you are back safe and sound!! Yes, the snow looks like fun!! Glad you had a chance to enjoy the beauty of it all my friend!

7. Lois (clownmom) says:

Jerri — so glad you had a good time up in the snow. I moved to Florida 40 years ago after spending all of my childhood and some of my adulthood in Pennsylvania. I have seen and shoveled all the snow I want to see!

8. Dealbaida says:

How good to see you Jerri. Welcome home!

Marion, UK

9. Sheri Danielson says:

You could be a model for winter wear! Are those UGG boots you are wearing? And I was worried that you wouldn’t even have warm enough clothes. Not to worry any longer. We will wait while you catch up for your new design – for now just rest!

Jerri, I love your snow picture! You looked all decked out in your snow clothes, LOL! I know what you mean about snow as in GA we seldom see it as well. When I was in VA for two weeks, it snowed several times, but I was not as prepared as you, gf!

11. Tosh says:

Darling photo Jerri!! You look fantastic! And how fun!! I do miss playing in the snow, and of course the fun outfits like you’re dressed in. I don’t, however, miss the shoveling and scraping ice off my car windows…*grin*. I’m so glad you enjoyed yourself and are home safe again!!

12. Jill says:

Glad you got to experience and enjoy the weather while you were in Chicago. I’m a native Illinoian – and I still get excited when it snows. LOVE IT!!!!

13. Lynda Hidalgo says:

I just love the snow …my son(12) got to build his very 1st snowman today..I think I was more thrilled to share the moment with him then he was . You look great in your winter duds.
    [email protected]

14. Cathy says:

Jerri, You look like you’ve lived in the snow all of your life! With those boots, that hat… I love it! We got our first snowfall of this season a few days ago. I took a picture of the snow falling in the garden through my DH’s office windows and changed the header photo on my blog to reflect the change in season. Drop by and visit after you get some rest — it’s not a lot of snow, but you can get a “snow fix”. Welcome back, lookingh forward to seeing your next entry!

15. Oh Jerri….you’re so cute!

Glad you had a good time….come visit me, we have at least 6 inches on the ground and it’s still falling…but it is chilly right now!

Wouldn’t a hot cup of cocoa together sound good right now!?

Have a great night!

You look so cute with your cozy jacket and boots! I’m glad you were able to experience the snow!

17. C Burke says:

It puts me in the Christmas card making spirit to see you in the snow. Happy holidays!

18. Carole says:

Hi Jerry,

Great if you loved your snow experience. Come live around here for a few years. We already have few feet of snow. Maybe you would change your mind unless your like to ski or skate… Happy Holidays.

19. It is the small things in life that makes it worth while. Happy to know I’m not the only child – adult, only wish I could see some snow too. I’m from sunny South Africa and we don’t get snow. Christmas here is HOT!!! But I suppose it’s still ‘cool’ cause we get to swim and if were lucky we even get the odd afternoon thunder storm. That’s how I have come to know Christmas, and I LOVE it!!!

Thankfully we don’t get a lot of snow here (in Vancouver, BC) – the little bit we get is just enough for me! I’d much rather live in a warmer climate and go visit snow once and a while 😉

21. morningglory says:

You look great in the snow. Looks like you had a FUN time.

22. Laurie Helgason says:

Glad your son enjoyed the snow. Hopefully, he can return when the snow is heavier, more wet so he can build a snowman.

23. Ellen Smith says:

You just look so content in the snow! Great picture..

24. Carol P says:

Good for you to get to play in the snow! My brother lives just outside of Chicago and they get really tired of the white stuff after awhile.

25. Kathy says:

Great picture but it makes me cold just looking at you!

26. Janet Swofford says:

Love the pic! You don’t look like a Floridian at all in this pic, you look like a native.It makes me want snow.
    Janet

27. Mary Campbell says:

Looks like you are enjoying the snow. Love your coat, I have been looking for one similar for the past month with no success. I too love the snow.

28. SueB says:

I’ve always lived in northern states (MA, PA, MI to date) and can’t imagine having only experienced snow a handful of times … tho’ I think I could deal with living far south enough so that I could just drive up a mountain any time I WANTED to experience snow, LOL! I just love the change of seasons!

FYI, new fallen snow’s not always so powdery! There’s different types depending on weather conditions and the wet stuff’s better for snowballs … and building forts! The powdery stuff is great for skiing or making snow angels!

Love your winter gear – now you’ll have to visit the northern states more frequently! Don’t you just love Chicago?!

29. Barb (GrandmaUpNorth) says:

I thought people went south in the winter to get away from the snow – You went north to find it! Good for you. Glad you had a good trip! I love the snow.

30. Kathie says:

I LOVE snow too, great picture!

31. DebbyG says:

I love all your designs!

32. Barbara says:

I love the coat and hat your wearing. Pretty warm and comfy for the weather. Love your designs

33. StampinCathy says:

You look so cute in this picture with all this snow.

34. Selma says:

Cute picture. We can tell you are having fun. Hope we don’t get tons of snow this year — we had over 100 inches last year.

35. Linda T says:

Great idea to capture the snow and the city on your picture. Isn’t it pretty?

36. Rebecca B. says:

Oh snow! I’m sooooo jealous! ~Rebecca

37. Toni K says:

I couldn’t imagine not seeing snow all winter. I live in Michigan! Snow everywhere!

38. Susan Rothbauer says:

All of our snow just melted this week 🙁 My boys are waiting for more and hoping for a white Christmas here in western PA!

39. Carolyn (snowmanqueen) says:

We have no snow in southern Oklahoma, would love to have a white Christmas.

40. Sandy K says:

How cute you look. Please keep the snow for a bit longer.

41. Nancy says:

Your son took a great photo of you! Glad both of you enjoyed the snow. Living in a state that has lots of snow, I have come to think of snow as a four letter word by the end of winter.

42. Jodym says:

You look so cute in your snow clothes!

43. jessica l says:

No snow in the TN yet but hoping for a white christmas

44. Monica L says:

Thanks for sharing you ideas and blog candy.

45. Darlene L says:

I am from the Chicago burbs. Glad you got to play in the snow. The first one or two are fun then after that–well we wish they would go away. darlene

46. Nancy C. says:

I’m glad you got to experience snow. We who get it all the time take it for granted and forget the beauty of it! Thanks for sharing!

47. Stephanie says:

I love snow. That is the one thing I like about cold weather. However, where I live, Texas, we get a lot of cold weather and not very much snow. I have been skiing in Colorado a few times, and just loved it.

48. Ann C. says:

I’m a northerner at heart now living in the south and I forget how many people have rarely seen snow! I still love it and I’m glad you got to walk around in it! P.S. Your winter gear is perfect!

49. Lisa says:

Living in PA all my life I see snow quite frequently and while its pretty, I’m not fond of the cold that comes with it. I can see how those who aren’t familiar with it may appreciate it though. Glad you got the opportunity.

50. Dana Herin says:

Being in Texas, we don’t see snow very often either and when we do, we are lucky if it says for more than one day. My son, who just 5 years old, keeps asking when we will have snow. He has seen pictures when he was just 2 months old in the snow. We live on the outskirts of Dallas and as we were driving in to school, he began to see a few roof tops with scattered, tiny areas of snow and he flipped out. You would have thought there had been a blizzard. I think we might need to take him to see REAL snow. LOL!

51. gail says:

Ohhhhhh I think your designs are exquisite! You are so very talented. Thank you so much for sharing. g

52. Isabel Z says:

We are so hoping for snow here in Northern Virginia. Every year we wish for a dusting at Christmas. There’s something magical about snow at the holidays:)

53. Rene Mewes says:

It certainly is “beginning to look a lot like Christmas” Great picture!

Rene’ Mewes
    [email protected]

54. Julia says:

Puts me in the mood for hot chocolate and a warm fire with my mittens drying on the hearth!

55. Pamela C. says:

I am so glad that you got to play in the snow.

56. Linda Raithel says:

I love snow too. I live in Missouri and alway love a good snow. If it can come on the weekend when nobody has to go anywhere and it melts quickly on the roads but nowhere else, priceless. It is so pretty and calming and the quiet when every thing is blanketed in snow…

57. Maxine says:

Snow at christmas is foriegn to me, too – you look just so snug and warm wrapped up in your jacket – I trust the snow inspired your creativity afresh!

58. Michelle says:

I’m from NH and now in Florida. I do miss the snow…but it quickly passes when I remember how icky it looked after a few days of snowplowing. It turns a nasty brown.
    I’m glad you had a great time and got to see the fresh fallen snow. It is beautiful. 🙂

59. kathy says:

Wow, We’re getting rain, but I hope we get some snow for Christmas! Kathy

60. Dean says:

Love all your cards. They are such an inspiration.

Thanks for sharing

61. Nan says:

Nice picture . You look adorable.

62. Elaine says:

You look adorable – all cozied up in the cold Chicago snowy weather! Take care and stay warm! 🙂 (oops, I think you are already home- well I hope you had fun!)

63. Dawn Burnworth says:

This is such a cute picture. I just moved to North Carolina from Chicago. I am sooo missing the snow. I am actually homesick for it. You look so cute here. What a fun trip.
    Dawn B.

64. I am hoping that it will snow in South Carolina this year – your son did a great job at taking the picture. It’s amazing how snow can make us feel like kids again. Have a great weekend.

65. DEE F. says:

Great snow shot. I love the glow of the small dome light.

66. Bev J. says:

Brrr………..looks cold. Love your coat with the fur trim-mighty stylish! Love your blog and look forward to your pretty creations.

67. Colleen says:

Great hat and boots – they look soft and warm. I LOVE snow, it makes the winter drearyness disappear. If it’s going to be cold, there should at least be snow! Nice to hear you had a good visit and made it home safe.