Sep 11 2009

Dawn Marie

Published by at 11:00 pm under Projects in General

dawn-marie.jpg

Hi everyone, it’s been ages since I’ve posted.  I’ve not had access to my stamping supplies, they’ve been packed in boxes for nearly two months.  I moved my stamping room to another location in my home and am having cabinets made for the room.  Little did I realize it would take this long.  The cabinets were installed Thursday and Friday, but are not yet complete.  Hopefully everything will be completed on Monday.  I have before and after pictures that I’ll be sharing with you soon.  Once you see the pictures you’ll understand why I haven’t been able to stamp.

I didn’t pack my water colors and have been working on this painting.  It’s roughly about 8 1/2″ x 11.”  I didn’t draw the fairy, sadly I’m not that talented .  .  . LOL.  I purchased a book at Michael’s a couple of years ago entitled “Enchanting Fairies” by Barbara Lanza.  I blew up a drawing provided in the book and transferred it to 8 1/2″ x 11″ water color paper.  I painted the fairy with a mix of Schminke and Winsor Newton water color paints.  After completing the painting, I adhered Swarovski crystals to the fairy’s hair.  The crystals don’t show up well in the photos; in real life they sparkle like diamonds and emeralds.   While the painting is a bit “amateurish,” I’m pleased with my first attempt at a water color this size.

dawn-marie-4.jpg

I’m providing a close up of her face, you can see I’ve also placed a few crystals on the fairy’s ear and forehead.  I’ve named her Dawn Marie.  I think she resembles my very sweet and beautiful second cousin, Dawn Marie.  Dawn lives here in Tampa and is a senior at University of South Tampa.

I’ll be back soon with pictures of my stamp room and new designs.  You won’t want to miss this coming September 17 & 18! JustRite Stampers is hosting a blog hop and has invited several of the top designers to join in.  I’ll be posting my design on Friday, September 18.

I hope you had a wonderful summer with your family and friends!

Many Blessings!

40 Responses to “Dawn Marie”

1. Hey girl!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Man, you are such a talent! I can’t wait to see pics of your new space!! Hugs,

2. This is beautiful. I don’t think the painting looks amateurish at all. I’ve been following your blog for a while now. Didn’t know you were in Tampa. That’s where I was born.

Jerri, This is a beautiful piece. I love every detail but am most facinated with the depth you created around the outer border with the dark color. Gorgeous!

4. Missy says:

OH! This is absolutely stunning! Amateurish? I don’t think so!!! It is gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful! I just love the blue around the fairy! Absolutely Gorgeous! I love it!
    Missy

5. OH WOW is that ever GORGEOUS!

6. The painting drew me in to look and stare. Good art will do that! I love it Jerri! It is truly beautiful!

7. Kathie says:

Jerry,

Your painting is beautiful. Do you wet your watercolor paper first with just water, then wait for the sheen to almost disappear before adding color, or do you paint with your brush loaded with color onto dry paper? Just curious what your technique is. Also what type and weight of paper do you use? Arches, Fabriano, Waterford/90 lb,140lb, or 300lb?

If you’re not already familiar with wetcanvas.com, a wonderful on-line artist community, check it out. They have a great watercolor forum (among many other great forums) there.

Truly magnificent! You did such a professional job. I can’t tell you enough just how beautiful this is.

9. Elaine Allen says:

Hi Jerri –

We missed you! I love your painting, she is beautiful and I love what you have done with the crystals. Not the least bit amateurish, you lay your color down well and your shadowing is beautiful. Well done!

Elaine Allen

Jerri, you never cease to amaze me gf! This truly a beautiful work of art…I love the dark blue bg you created to draw you into the girl’s image. I cannot wait to see your new stamping/craft room! That is truly my dream to have a craft room all to myself and be able to close the door and not have to clean up all the time! I still am sharing my guest bedroom and it is filled to the brim w/stamping/scrapping stuff. Have a great weeek.

11. Jeannie says:

Jerry,
    You are too hard on yourself. You have artistic flair and good technique. If you enjoy painting and it brings happiness to you that’s what artistic expression does for me.
    You are inspiring to me and so many others that follow you!

How beautiful! I have wondered where you were and have missed reading your blogs and seeing your talent. Can’t wait to see the new room!

13. Teresa says:

Very pretty. I am so glad you are back. Everything you do is gorgeous, but Iam really impressed with your embossing.

14. Velta says:

Hi Jerri ~ I have missed you! this creation you have made here is just stunning! My eye was caught by the shading done on the flowers in her hair!! I am so looking forward to seeing your new room!

15. Conniecrafter says:

Oh Wow, how terrific, your painting is far from amatuer.
    Look forward to seeing your new room!

16. Kim Teasdale says:

Amaturish? Pfft! My goodness girl, more like absoulutly fabulous! This painting pops off my computer and I am in awe of the depth that you achieve with your painting! Dawn Marie’s face and body look 3 dimensional 🙂 I think that both you and Anna Wight should take up illustrating books…and I think that you would be that talented with illustrating!

17. sandyh says:

i think you have done a wonderful job on the watercolor! very beautiful….love your shading. btw, my daughter is dawn marie!
    sandyh
    [email protected]

18. Naomi says:

Just wonderful!! I can’t believe it’s your first try at that size.

19. Jenny Gropp says:

Wow, again Jerri, you always amaze me! This is so beautifully done. And the crystals flowing thru her hair — so well done!!! Beautiful, stunning, just fantastic! You are so talented!

20. Elaine Moore says:

Oh WELCOME BACK – you have really been missed!!! Your talent continues to amaze me – everything you show us is perfection. Hurry up putting the finishing touches on your craft room so we can hear from you more often.
    Hugs – Elaine Moore [email protected]

21. Barbara says:

Hi, Jerri. You did an excellent job. Enchanting Fairies is my first art instruction book and it made me smile to see how well you painted Moonflower Fairy. The crystals look great.
    All best wishes for many happy hours in your new studio.

22. WOW – what a sparkling beauty!!! She is just gorgeous!!! Your talent just oozes out of you and onto your creations — JUST stunning!!! Love all the added crystals — just beautiful!

23. Holy cow. You are so AMAZINGLY talented! Everything you create is golden! Seriously, Jerri…you are unbelievable! Unbelievable!

24. Barb g says:

Amaturish?!!!? I think, NOT! It is spectacular and gorgeous!

Barbg(WV)

25. Becca Feeken says:

Oh my word Jerri!! This is nothing short of magnificent and totally spectacular. I love the colors and all the subtle nuance you’ve worked in. Can’t wait to see your new studio – I’ll be stalking your blog as usual 🙂

26. KarenRI says:

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow is this unbelievable!!!

27. Cathy says:

Jerri,

Amateurish??? Are you KIDDING???? She’s STUNNING! I have that Fairy book – and yes, it’s gorgeous! I Love it!

I’m sure you’ll be relieved to have your new room all finished – I am still unpacking in mine (actually have a friend coming over today to help me finish). That takes almost as long as getting the work done in the first place! Enjoy your new space!

Hugs, Cathy

PS.. I owe you an email, and as soon as the craziness settles down here, I’ll send one!

Oh my Jerri, my mouth fell open when I saw this beautiful creation!
    It is stunning to say the least and not the least bit amateurish. Wow it is so gorgeous!

Joan

29. Laurie in MN says:

You have your Mother’s talent for painting. Your lack of experience with water coloring a large picture doesn’t show.

30. Janine says:

Jerri this is just amazing!!

31. Silke Ledlow says:

Hi Jerri …..what can I say my sweet friend – this is another *Jerri Masterpiece* – WOW – WOW – WOW!!! Amazing job on the coloring and of course I love the beautiful added crystals!!!

Hope you get your stamp room back soon!?! Hugs ~S~

32. Jerri, you are so talented!!!!! Your work just amazes me and I can’t wait to see the pics of your new space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Pam

33. Nimue says:

I’ve missed you. I was really excited to get the update in my email. The picture is lovely. I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures of the new room. I hope everything goes well. I so look forward to seeing all your creations. – Nimmy

34. Michelle R says:

Amaturish? Are you kidding me? This is a beautiful work of art! And no one can do it like you…such depth of color!

I’m dying to see your new stamp room. Pics coming soon???

Oh my, oh my!!! What an exqusite creation….every little detail is beatuiful and absolute perfection!!!! I can see a grouping of these beauties framed on your stamping room wall….totally gorgeous, Jerri!!!!

No way this is amateurish, Jerri!! It is totally gorgeous, and I love the addition of your crystals!!

37. Candy says:

Wow Jerri this is totally gorgeous and not amateurish at all!!

38. Dawn B. says:

Jerri this is beautiful.. What drew me in was the NAME.. that is my name. What a terrific work of heart. Your coloring is amazing. Really great job on this one. TFS

39. Heather Peel says:

hi Jerri Dawn Marie is beautiful. You have done her proud .thanks so much for sharing her with me .she is lovely .I love faires .I even have some down in my garden here .With a wishing well .i have all the flower faires rubber stamps sets a,d cds as well .i love to just drool and lookat them .thank you .Hugs Heather