Sep 15 2009

Pictures of My New Studio

Published by at 1:27 am under Projects in General

Hi Ladies, I finally have pictures of my craft room.  I’ve decided to go ahead and post before and after pictures.  The reason I chose to do this is not only so you can see the room before the renovations were made, but I wanted you to see why I haven’t been posting.  Please understand my old stamping room looked nothing like this.  It was in order .  .  . somewhat .  .  . no .  .  .  really .  .  .  it was!

A link to the room after move in:  https://jerrikay.splitcoaststampers.com/2010/02/10/stamping-room-move-in-pictures/

This room was my sons’ playroom since they were very small.  When Stephen left for college a year ago, the idea came to me to move my stamping room to this room as it is twice as large.  But there were air conditioning issues and frankly, I could not tolerate the heat.  After we completed renovations to our house in May, I called my AC guy and he was able to resolve the air conditioning issues.  At that point I moved every thing out of my old room and into this one.  My hubby took one look at the room and took pity on me.  He told me to find someone to make it my dream stamping room.  I did!  And quickly  .  .  .  before he could change his mind.

So for the past couple of months this is what the room has been like.  Seriously, could you design in a room like this?  Last week it got worse.  I had to move this mess out of the room so that the cabinet installers could come and install my long awaited cabinets.  The contents you see in these pictures are currently in both my sons’ bedrooms, an attic, and the upstairs hallway.  The upper floor to my house is truly a maze .  .  . LOL.  The cabinets are now installed.  I’m missing two drawer fronts and one cabinet door that will be in next week.  Apparently there was a mistake in measurements resulting in pieces that didn’t fit.

So without further adieu, here are the pictures I promised.

craft-room-1a.jpg

Entry into room before renovations.

craft-room-1_edited-1.jpg

Entry after renovations.

craft-room-2a.jpg

We’re going to go around the room starting with the right side (or west side of the room). “Before” pictures will be first, followed by “after” pictures.

craft-room-3.jpg

The tall white armoire is a custom paper armoire.  The lower drawers have been designed with racks to hold 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock.  The upper portion with the doors has been designed to hold 12″ x 12″ cardstock and designer paper.

craft-room-2_edited-1.jpg

Over the countertops you’ll see open cubbies.  They are 15″ in height and 8″ deep.  The bluish cast you see is a reflection of my flash.  If you look at the bottom of the armoire that has several drawers (custom for my stamps), that is the color of the cubbies.  The cabinet colors are ivory and maple. The small white door to the left is a door we nicknamed the “dwarf” door.  It’s an entry into one of our attics.  Several of the boxes you see in the “before” pictures are in there.  After I’ve moved every thing back in, I’ll use the attic for overflow (old stamps and items I don’t use on a regular basis).

craft-room-3a.jpg

craft-room-4.jpg

This room is a room over our garage which accounts for the odd angles in the ceiling. This is my second largest work station.  I’m placing my sewing machine here.

craft-room-3b.jpg

craft-room-5.jpg

Oops, sorry, some of the shots are at an angle.  It was late when I took these shots and I guess I was a wee bit tired.

craft-room-4a.jpg

craft-room-6.jpg

Here I have two more work stations. Perfect for classes!  Do you see the four black oval shapes on the countertops?  Those are grommets for eletrical outlets so that I can drop electrical cords right down.  I love that!  No wiring all over the countertops or hanging over the edges.

craft-room-5a.jpg

craft-room-7.jpg

I’m placing my printer here underneath the cabinets.

craft-room-7a.jpg

craft-room-9_edited-1.jpg

I love the bookshelf.  Now I have a place for all my stamping and craft magazines and books.

craft-room-10_edited-1.jpg

This is my main work station.  It’s perfect for water coloring and designing.  It’s huge, room enough for two people.  I love the “L” shape.  I chose this location because of the bright natural sunlight coming in that window.  The window is 6′ x 3′, allowing for sunlight all day long in the room.  I’m placing my Wizard underneath the overhead cabinet to the far right and will place my dies in the cabinet above.  Underneath the countertop I’ll place my Cuttlebug and Revolution, together with the Quikutz dies and Cuttlebug dies I have.  Two drawer fronts and one cabinet door are missing.  When they came in, they were the wrong size.  The replacements will be installed next week.  See the drawer and two cabinet doors that don’t have knobs.  Those are fake, it’s the side view of the three drawers that pull out from the front.  The knobs will be here Wednesday to be installed.

craft-room-11_edited-1.jpg

See the niche behind the door, that’s where I have my Stampin’ Up! classic and craft ink pads.  My Wizard and Cuttlebug are behind the ink towers.  I can’t wait to get started on this room!

We’re at the end of the tour.  I’ll be back to post pictures once I’ve moved every thing back into the room and everything is in order.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

95 Responses to “Pictures of My New Studio”

1. Tina Johnson says:

This is a very beautiful room. You did a great job with space planning and design. I cannot wait to see what it looks like when you get it filled up with all your stuff. THank you for posting pictures.

Oh Jerri, I am in awe at your beautiful custom designed craft room. You won’t want to leave it. I know you are anxious to start moving things back in and getting it all organized “the Jerri way”.

Can’t wait to see the next set of pictures.

Joan

3. Karen W says:

Wow, what an awesome room, I can’t imagine all the work and what a mess to have to go thru but it will be so worth it in the end. Congrats!!!

I am thrilled to see you have such a wonderful stamp room. You seem to have thought of everything. The funny thing is that a year from now you will find that you need more space. : ) I hope you show pictures after you get everything moved in.

5. Kay says:

I love your new work space! I would love to have something like that. My room is much smaller and looks very much like your before pictures. lol
    Have fun creating!

6. What a dream come true — OH, to have that much space and natural light — you are one lucky girl!!! Enjoy your time putting it all together — HOW FUN!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!!

7. Missy says:

I am so jealous! I would love this to be my craft room! I have a craft room but not this big! I want those cabinets! When can we come and play in your new room! If I got in there I would never want to come out! Beautiful! Very nice!

8. Anne P says:

Your new stamping space is stunning – I’m so glad you have such a beautiful space to create in. I’m looking forward to seeing the final photos with everything in place.
    God bless,
    Anne.

It is beautiful! I love all of the angles and slopes to the ceiling. The spot for your ink tower is perfect and pure genius to come up with all of these great ideas. Oh, I forgot, I am packed and moving in with you. I won’t be a problem, just an air mattress in this room is all I need 🙂

Sheri

10. Sandra says:

WOW! Congratulations …. my den looks something like the before picture …. so there is hope!
    Sandra

11. Silke Ledlow says:

Oh my – this is one awesome stamp room – Jerri!!! Love all the counter space and storage area!!! I think I need to move in with you – LOL!!! How about adopting me – he,he,he???

Have a wonderful day!!! Hugs ~S~

12. cheryl says:

Jerri, I am so jealous of your work room. I am using my son’s old room, which is small and everything is cluttered I just can’t seem to get organized. Have lots of fun in your new room.
    Cheryl

13. Edie says:

What a wonderful place you will have to produce your beautiful art. It must be a dream come true for you. Thanks for sharing it.
    My room looks just like your before pictures now and I have no inspiration when I go in there to hunt stuff and bring it to another place to stamp and play.

14. Sylvia Osborn says:

God has Bless you and I am so Happy for you …You have always Bless us with your Gift of creativity….May you Bless us even MORE in this Lovely Work Room….Thank you for sharing it with us……Sylvia

15. Becky Jo says:

Love, love, love your new crafting space! I have two rooms upstairs to craft, but I’d love to have all those drawers, cabinets, and counter space! You are one lucky gal. Can’t wait to see the photos when all your things are moved back in and you are stamping in there! TFS your photos. Hugs!!

16. So can I come over to play at your house? tee-hee! Wowzers, woman, you are blessed!!

Jerri, this is such an awesome work space for you! I am so envious of you, but only in a good way. It seems that you have thought of everything when planning your room. I love all the space and I know you will simply be in heaven after you get all your things moved in. I cannot wait to see the finished product. Congrats, gf, for designing and having your new craft room of your dreams!

18. Donna says:

I luv your blog and have never posted before on it; but just had to this time. I totally luv your new studio, can’t wait to see when totally finished. You have done a great job planning and putting together.

19. Pauline Vairo says:

I love it, what a transformation. I’d like to know how you are using the drawers and shelves once you get everything origanized. I want to get ideas for my studio and I think you would have some great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

20. Diana says:

You are one Lucky gal …It’s wonderful ..Im gonna have to craft with you haha
    hugs Diana

21. Sue C. says:

Jerri, thank you for sharing. You are a lucky woman for having such a generous husband. Your room is just beautiful. Now that everything is organized, I’m sure your creations will flow more easily. Can’t wait to see more of your creations.

22. Amy Johnson says:

Wow! Lucky You! I can’t wait to see it decorated. I have a teenage son I’m waiting to move out for too so I can do this to his room. LOL!

23. Velta says:

Oh My Jerri ~ The jealousy in me has become monumental!!! This green ugly head has reared to scare even me…on the other hand….LOL…I am so very excited for you!!! This dream room will surely make you happier than ever and you certainly deserve it! The only thing I would worry about is people like me that might just take it upon themselves to visit and use your new room on numerous occasions, therefore, never giving you any “alone” time. Be glad that I do not know where you live….I could find out though…But I will save you that worry…Bottom line…The crafter in me is just delighted to see this beautiful haven that you will have for your future art work !!! Can you believe I am shutting up?

24. Sandy Knecht says:

Well, I think this is well deserved! You create such beautiful artwork that you need an area fit for a Queen. I can only dream of such a room. Enjoy, it’s beautiful and set up so perfect.

25. Wanda Cullen says:

This is such an amazing craft space!! Thanks for sharing your pics (and I look forward to seeing it when it’s completed). I can only dream… 🙂

26. Teresa says:

Congratulations! Your new room is simply gorgeous. Very deserving to such a talented person. Have a great time playing.

27. Lea says:

Congratulation on this amazing paper crafting space.I think keeping everything clean,neat and crisp clears your mind for fresh ideas and allows you to create beautiful cards…Lea

28. Elaine Allen says:

Jerri –

Such a beautiful room, I’m envious! What a wonderful place to work. I also have taken over my son’s room for my studio. I filled it with work areas and the furniture I needed but unfortunately, things are such a mess. I have so many things in bags, boxes, etc. I have no idea where to start. Everyone says to start with one thing at a time, which is a great idea. But when I pull out a box or a bag, it doesn’t have just one type of item in it. I’ll find things like fiber, watercolors, glitter, stamps, embellishments all together. As I start to take things out to sort them, I end up with loads of different piles all over the floor and tables. Chaos! I am so tempted to take everything out of the room and bring things in one box or bag at a time, but I have no place to store all the other items while I am sorting and organizing in my studio (besides, afraid my neatnik husband will start dumping things – LOL). It’s times like these I wish I could cross my arms and wiggle my nose like Jeannie and things would organized like magic.

Thank you for sharing Jerri. You have a beautiful space and thanks for listening to me gripe – LOL!

Elaine Allen

29. Marcy Antle says:

WOW, I am so jealous!!!!
    But happy for you.
    Beautiful job.

30. Conniecrafter says:

Oh wow what an amazing dream work space, I am sure this is going to bring you much enjoyment!!

31. Cathy says:

Oh, Jerri, what a fabulous place to design and craft! But I know the frustration well of having to rummage through boxes for things while you are in transition!

I am so delighted for you! I LOVE the idea of the paper armoire. I am probably going to steal that one from you when they install the cabinets in my stamp room. (We are recycling our old kitchen cabinets to my room when we redo the kitchen. On the one hand I can’t wait — on the other hand, I am DREADING it LOL.)

Enjoy your new happy place – I can’t WAIT to see the designs that flow from it!

Cathy

32. Jenny Gropp says:

So green with envy. And — you posted your before pictures which leaves me no blackmail power anymore. And you know my linen secret too. Oh man.
    Jerri, this room is heaven. I love that you can send the cords down their rabbit hole and keep your table top nice and clean. Your cabinets are so lovely in maple and white. Wonderful Natural light coming in. And I love that is not a traditionally shaped room, it fits the creativity of the room’s theme. Seriously one awesome room…. for someone who is awesome and seriously talented! You deserve it Girl -Enjoy every inch of that place!!!

33. Carolen says:

Jerri, it is so beautiful, you will never want to leave! Can’t
    even begin to imagine what this will do for your creating!
    And, you were already so amazing! ENJOY!!!

34. Rosie Waldt says:

Love you sharing your b/4 and after studio – what a fun place to work…………..your DH probably won’t see much of you now. ha. Love the color of your woodwork and the grommets for your cords………………….congratulations on a job well done. Rosie

35. Deana in No. CA says:

Oh my, that is the nicest crafting room I’ve ever seen! Give your husband a big kiss. What a generous blessing he must be. I can’t wait to see how everything looks when it’s all set up. You’re going to LOVE working there.

36. Cathy Hughes says:

I am so jealous…I thought my dining room changeover was a big deal! I just love the cabinets and all the counter space. This would be my dream craft room – one section for cards, one section for sewing and another for beading. I really have to show my hubby. He wants to move and I will agree ONLY if I can have a room like this one for my very own.

Congrats and I look forward to the new creations inspired by such a wonderful workspace.

Cathy

37. Nimue says:

I cannot think of anyone more deserving of such a beautiful space. I think you produce beautiful work because of how beautiful you are inside. Your room already seems to have the same quiet stillness that I sense you have. In that stillness the beauty of your work shines. I can’t wait to see all your soon to be creations. – Nimmy

38. Jill says:

Congratulations Jerri. It’s a dream room to be sure! I’m only a “little” jealous but otherwise happy for you. Your hubby is wonderful!!!! (Mine is too – I just don’t have a single room in my house that is that big! LOL!)

39. Cathy green says:

All I can say is….will you adopt me?!?!

40. sandyh says:

this is a very beautiful room! i LOVE all the counter space! i’m looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished project with all of your things moved in. such a wonderful place befitting your immense talent! you may never leave the room!
    sandyh
    [email protected]

41. Shirley Lee says:

Wow! What a gorgeous work room! Who wouldn’t want to spend all their time there creating. It looks well planned, too. Can’t wait to see what it looks like with all your tools in there. When you share more pictures, please open the doors so we can see your organization inside the cupboards. Did you do all the designing of your studio? Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
    Shirley L.
    Roseville, CA

42. leonie says:

WOW! How blessed you are! Your DH is sooo understanding, he truly loves you and wants the best for you! Awesome room! Amazing!

43. Angela says:

very nice room Jerri!!! I have also taken over my oldest daughter’s bedroom but not completely. She is currently a Junior in college so we still have her bed set up. I have told her that I will give her until she graduates and then the room is COMPLETELY mine!!! At that point I want to have cabinets and countertops set up. My room will not be nearly as big as yours but hopefully will be as organized. I am going to refer back to your setup for inspiration when I begin my room.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Angela

44. inkerbelle says:

What a gorjuss room to work in!! I am green with envy, LOL.

45. Oh my! This is stunning and amazing! I am sooo jealous of all the space. If I ever make it your way… LOL! Hugs,

46. Mary Lou Kemp says:

I am totally jealous! So there! I want to do something like this too…..my stamp room is my dining room. What a mess and I can’t put out half of what I own.

47. Elaine says:

That is beautiful Jerri Kay! I love to see craft spaces and will be watching for your reveal when you re-furnish with stamps! 🙂 Hugs, Elaine

48. Kate DiMayo says:

This is beautiful. How fortunate you are. I found you when someone mentioned you on the Gingerwood board. Kate

49. Carole RB says:

Hi Jerri

This is a fantastic craft room. I’m jealous. I wish I had such beautiful place to work like this with plenty of room!

50. Gosh, I need to mop up the drool…..That is definatley a dream room! I am still doing all my creating in my kitchen….but I hope that some day my kids will be gone, then I may need the name of your cabinet maker!!!

51. Jerri,
    You have the MOST awsome space I have seen! I LOVE it! Too bad you do not live closer, as I would most definately have to visit quite often!

Enjoy your space while you create, and we will enjoy your creations!

52. Sue P says:

Jerri,

All I can say is WOW! I’m sorry you’ve been disrupted for awhile, but it looks like it was worth the wait! Have fun setting everything up. Can’t wait to see your next group of pictures.

You are so talented and really deserve such an awesome place to create.

53. Becca Feeken says:

Oh.my.goodness! Jerri, this simply leaves me speechless. I think I would live in this room! I sure hope hubby can find you and bring you back down to the real world every once in a while. This is absolutely stunning; I’m so glad to see you have a place you love, to work. Can’t wait to see what you create in your magic room!

54. Wow. Congratulations what a wonderful place to get creative. I can’t wait to see it when you have done your magic on it and made it truly yours. I have a small craft room but struggle to keep it tidy. I just love your blog and I am so pleased for you. Love

55. Vivian says:

All I can say is, I am green with envy! That is a beautiful room. You did a fantastic job with the layout. Congratulations!

56. Catherine says:

Wow, what a gorgeous new crafty space :)!! Have fun in it :)!

Inky Hugs,
    Catherine

57. Pam says:

OMG I dream of a set up like that–I really love the huge cabinet you have to store your stamps–is there a way to contact the person who made that to inquire about purchasing one?You have made a very good use of your space..congratulations on your new retreat.

WOW, girl…you will be in Stamping Heaven!!! What a fabulous room, gf…I am sooo happy for you!!! Did I tell ya I’m moving in with ya…I’ll be there tomorrow….snort!!!!

59. Kelley Likes says:

Wow is all I can say. I love your room. Here is mine….any tips.

The cute lil corner is my SU corner. That is just recently new. I’m pretty well organized except for a couple of drawers. My issues are really trying to use
    everything that I have. I’ve started to give stuff away if people can use it. 😉

I was worried about empty next syndrome but heck, I’ve turned their rooms into mine 🙂

Great room Lady! Did you have a planner or did you plan yourself? Either way, Great Job! Love it!

60. Linda Duke says:

Oh wow!!! I want to take a class from you 😉 I’ll even sit on the floor. I can’t wait to see what you create in this room. Your art is one of a kind, I can’t stop looking at it. Your 3D flowers are to die for my friend. You are truly an artist.

61. Jan Cool says:

The room is wonderful…fitting for a special stamper such as you! May you enjoy it and let the creative juices flow. Thanks for sharing the process of creating a special place for your stamps to live in…and the paper…and the inks…and the ribbons…ETC.
    Blessed is the stamper who shares. Thanks

62. Jan Cool says:

Blessed is the stamper who shares. Thanks

63. Dani C. says:

Wow. What a dream room. I would love to see it once you have all your supplies organized.

Oh my….your space is looking just divine, Jerri!! I’m looking forward to seeing when you get your supplies right where you want them. Amazing!!

65. Eva says:

Jerri, I get to see your room!!! WOW..this is amazing. Glad the the installers finished it just on time!!! Hehehe

66. Oh my friend, I want to come and craft with you! Sigh…this looks beautiful, and I know you will spend many hours in absolute BLISS in there creating stunning things from your heart. Tell Felix he’s a gem! (but you already know that!)

67. Jen says:

WOW! What a beautiful craft space. I have a feeling all of your crafty friends will want to come to your house to create from now on. I know I would.

Have fun putting your room together.
    Thank you so much for sharing! I will be keeping a link to this so I can remember what I want my craft room to look like some day 🙂

68. Konnie Burlon says:

Jeri what a beautiful room. It will be so much fun to stamp and teach in the glorious space. Looking forward to seeing it all put together and your beautiful work.

Konnie

69. Hi Jerri! Your new room looks amazing!!!! I have been tied up this week with getting my Pazzles Design Team project done and this is the first chance I’ve had to check out your blog. You are going to have such a good time creating your beautiful works of art in that lovely setting………..congrats!!!

Pam

70. Holy smokes, Jerri!!! What a FAB-U-LOUS space! Love all the work areas, shelving, drawers, and those holes for the cords. It’s beautiful.

71. WOW! (Again…I say that EVERY time. lol.) What a room! I love your paper cabinet! I hope you’ll take pics again once you have everything in its place! 🙂

72. Crafty Math Chick says:

WOW! This is like my DREAM craft room! I am so jealous! Enjoy it in good health!

73. I am so jealous. I too am a sew-er and stamper. I have to use the same room for both. I would soooooo love to have the room you have but at age 67 don’t think that is going to happen so I’ll just have to get by. Hope you enjoy your new room.

74. Bree says:

In a word…FANTASTIC!!! Your crafting studio is the best I’ve seen to date. Very well thought out. Outstanding use of the space with regard to the design, layout, and placement of the all the cabs and counters. Excellent utility, easy to reach storage, and love the electrical grommets! TERRIFIC!!

Wishing you a lifetime of Happy Crafting!

Bree

75. Michelle says:

Beautiful, I wish you many happy hours of creative bliss in this room.

76. Anne Ryan says:

WOW, Jerri this is every stamper’s dream right here! This is really fabulous. Everything looks just fabulous! Congrats on doing it up just right! Happy Stamping!

77. Cindy Major says:

So, so, so gorgeous! Love the beautiful mix of wood and white – it is so classic and elegant! One of these days, I am going to get me one of those…

Thanks for sharing! 😀

Cindy

78. leslierich says:

One word — WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. Candy says:

Wow what an “AWESOME” studio Jerri!!

80. Jerri! What a lovely room you have!! Congratulations! Enjoy!!

81. Chris Biljan says:

What a dream craft room!! Is the tall wooden horizontal drawer cabinet for stamps or paper? Congratultions on a great job putting together an inspirational space…can we come play at your house?

82. […] If you’re interested in seeing the “before” pictures of what the room looked like before I moved in, click here. […]

83. Claire says:

I can’t wait to move in! That room is the room I pictured us all having in heaven…did your hubbie do all this work? It looks like alot more fun to be in a do work that the before pictures…tfs!!!

84. Janet says:

What a room! Thanks for posting the pic’s especially in an upstairs room with slanted ceilings! This is exactly what I have in our new home. Since I do quilting and make notecard, I will definitely be using some of your great ideas for my storage layout. Have a scrap happy time!

85. Sue Cosgrave says:

I’m working on my craft room, can you tell me where you bought these cabinets? Nice area! and have you put finished pics on web? Thanks!

86. Thank you for your analysis and sharing, from your article I learned more.

87. Suzanne says:

Not only a touch of grace but also a touch of class. Very inspirational, thanks so much for the tour. I look forward to seeing the photos again once you’ve moved your things in.
    Congratulations!

88. Lynda says:

hey jerri,
    i LOVE what you did to the room and made it a work space for your creative work. I am looking to build and install something like yours. could you post or send update pictures of the work space – i want to see where everything eventually goes – this was a true inspiration. Good job! thank you to your husband too for being supportive! <3

Lynda

89. Gayle says:

Amazing room would love to see it with all craft items just beautiful.

90. Shirley Peaster says:

I just stumbled on this in pinterest and it’s what I’ve been trying to draw for my husband for our new house. Thank you for taking the time to share pictures…could you post new ones to show how it turned out once filled up??

91. Carol says:

Beautiful craft room! I’ve been trying to find a cabinet layout to fit my craft room to fit my sewing machines and your cabinets and counters seem pretty perfect? Are your cabinets custom? Can you share their brand and how high are they? Beautiful! I’m sure the space creates the calm for the creative talents to flow! Thank you so much!

92. Mary Ann says:

Like Carol above, my husband & I are redoing our office into a scrapbook/sewing room & are looking for cabinets. Your craft room is beautiful Jerri & we’d love to know where you got your cabinets. If possible, please share their brand & where you got them. Thank you!

• Jerri Kay says:

Thank you Mary Ann. I’m not sure if I answered you, I just found this comment in my folder. The cabinets were custom made by the cabinet making company that designed and placed the cabinets in my home.

93. Helen G. says:

How wonderful. Congratulations on a wonderful setup.