Oct 26 2009

A Ghostly Halloween Ball and Treats

halloween-ball-3-064-copy_edited-1.jpg

Happy Halloween!  This week I have several Halloween projects (including JustRite treat bags, broomsticks and coffins) to share with you beginning today with this first design.  Using stencils I have designed a ballroom filled with vintage dancing ghosts.

The scene you see in the design is from The Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney World.  At the end of the post, you’ll find links to the stencils I used as well as other products I used.  The total size of the ballroom is 7″ x 10″, a perfect centerpiece for our small round kitchen table.

halloween-ball-018-copy_edited-1.jpg

I printed the image onto white cardstock and paper toled the ghosts.  Using stencils, I embossed and cut six pieces; the overall frame with the topper, two pillars, two side panels, and the row of six columns that span across the bottom.  The row of columns was made using the same stencil as the pillars by turning the stencil upside down and using only a portion of it. I sponged Tim Holtz black soot distress ink onto the pieces to give my ballroom a dingy appearance.

The design has a lot of dimension which I’ll try to illustrate in the photographs below.

halloween-ball-019-copy.jpg

The flowers were made with punches and prima paper flowers.  Two stencils from the Star stencil collection were used to design the ballroom.

halloween-ball-031-copy_edited-1.jpg

In this view you can see a little of the dimension.  If you look closely, you’ll see a bar of the white foam on the right side of the frame, approximately one inch in length, as well as white foam behind the columns.  The foam dots raised the frame and columns off of the paper toled ghosts.   The pillars stand out 1/2 inch from the focal image.

halloween-ball-012-copy.jpg

I used a Martha Stewart leaf punch, as well as Fiskars flower punches, and prima flowers for the floral decorations attached to the design.  The leaves were hand drawn and cut with a craft knife.   To add a little elegance, I added black, gold, and green glitter to the the flowers and leaves.  The black stamens in the center of the roses were made using a small flower punch.

halloween-ball-2-051-copy_edited-2.jpg

I embroidered the pillars and columns using black sewing thread.  I attached black silk bows to the side panels and placed roses in the centers of the bows.  The ribbon is 1/8″ white May Arts silk ribbon that I dyed black.  The bows were made with the Bow Easy.

halloween-ball-044-copy.jpg

This picture is somewhat of a teaser.  I purposely made it dark and small to give you just a glimpse of the all the Halloween treats I’ve cooked up.  For some fun Halloween ideas,  come back tomorrow to see which treat I’ll be featuring.  While the ballroom took some time to complete, the treats were simple, quick, and easy to make.

Shopping Links:

A Touch of Grace:  PD0004 Star Collection – Pillar; PD0002 Star Collection; Scor It; Zip Dry; Foam Dots; black embossing paper, silver grey embossing paper, stylus, glitter, sewing thread, needle, light box, Genesis Paper Trimmer, Fiskars punches, self-healing mat, sponge, dauber, graph paper, black pearls,

Stamp Simply Ribbon Store:  Bow Easy, May Arts Ribbon, JustRite Halloween stamps (featured tomorrow)

Joan’s Gardens:  Martha Stewart Leaf Punch

35 Responses to “A Ghostly Halloween Ball and Treats”

Wow! This is fantastic. Can’t wait t see the treats.

2. Dealbaida says:

Oh my goodness Jerri, you have managed to exceed earlier treasures! WOW.

Marion,
    UK

3. Vicky Gould says:

If we had just a tad of your talent, we could make the world such a happier place. I love your ‘ghostly’ scene. Fantabulous!!!

4. renee logan says:

oh my, that is incredible..thanks for shairng your art with us!

Oh my gosh Jerri this is fabulous. Your creativity is beyond being outstanding.
    All the details you have used in this beautiful master piece are just excellent.
    It is truly stunning!

Joan

WOW! Once again you have outdone yourself. You don’t post often but when you do it is a true masterpiece!

7. kim says:

That is incredible!

8. An Absolutely breath taking halloween display!! I can’t even imagine how many hours you worked to create such a gorgeous vinnette! Can’t wait to see your JustRite creations!

9. Silke Ledlow says:

Look at you – how clever!!! This is one FABULOUS design – your Halloween display is SPOOK-TACULAR!!! Hugs ~S~

10. Maggie says:

Wow Jerri! What a work of art. I’m always amazed at what you can do. Bravo to you! *wink*

11. Jeannie says:

I don’t know what to say! You are a true artist.

Jerri, this is such an original spooky designed card w/Jerri’s touch! I love it and so much work for sure, but the end result is stunning, gf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Michelle R says:

Jerri, this is absolutely AWESOME! What gorgeous work and fabulous details!!!

14. Velta says:

Just like you in true fashion Jerri!!! I have got to show this one to my sister who is a real Halloween freak!!! This is right up her alley (the old bat). LOL if she ever sees this comment. Everything you do is always so perfect and I SOOO look forward to your subscription every time I see it in my mailbox. TFS!!! One of these days I am going to try the goodies that I bought from you. I hope I don’t mess it up!

15. Naomi says:

This is the best yet. Can’t wait to see the rest !!!

16. Oh, Jerri!! If possible, you have out-done yourself once again!! I have never seen such ELEGANCE in a Halloween project before! This is totally over the top — WAY over the top!!! I LOVE those dancing ghosts and your ballroom structure is FABULOUS!!! You even did all the embroidering on it!!! Your floral and ribbon embellishments are totally lovely and ooze elegance!!!! What can I say — this is beyond words!!!!

17. Jenny Gropp says:

Oh Jerri! The ballroom is a masterpiece!!! So much detail, it is elegant and haunting! Truly spectacular!!!!

18. Janine says:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

19. Lori M says:

My heart leaps with each new post . . . you continue to be gracefully amazing!
    It is such a treat to visit your site to see all of your creativity. Thx for always sharing.

20. Oh my goodness! Your attention to detail is incredible! It’s hard to find words to sell you how amazing all yor work is….then you go and top yourself every time!

21. Peggy M says:

unbelievable.. everything you do is such a work of art.

22. Willow says:

This is magnificent!!! I am just blow away amazed!!!!!!!

23. I just love this!! What fabulous job !! You have really out done yourself.

24. Carolen says:

You used the stencils to create a theatrical like stage!
    Wow!

25. Becca Feeken says:

Oh my word Jerri, this just leaves me speechless!!

My gosh, you outdid yourself. This project rocks the paper craft world! The detail is stunning. Lovely work once again.

27. Conniecrafter says:

Oh My Goodness, all I can seem to say is WOW!!!!!!! The work and attention to detail that you put into this is just Amazing…..Awesome!!!

That is one amazing spooktacular piece of artwork, there…Jerri!! We love Disney…and I love how you’ve used that Haunted Mansion Ballroom scene. Fabulous, girl!!

29. nancy littrell says:

Wow Jerri……you are the fancy Martha Stewart of Stamping. I just can not even image the time that went into all your beautiful Halloween decorations and treat boxes. TFS

30. Regina N says:

This is truly Beautiful.

31. Tosh says:

My goodness is this ever fabulous Jerri!! It’s so intricate and gorgeous!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your red/black sparkly flowers!! Girl, you never cease to amaze me!!

32. leslierich says:

“Wow” doesn’t even begin to express my reaction to this elaborate, beautiful, unique, and awe inspiring piece of art, Jerri!

33. Denise says:

Stunning…spooky

NEVER seen anything like it!

WOWZERS!

34. Elisa B says:

Very Awesome!! I’m a big fan of the Halloween season and I am always looking for new and fun ideas to make for the kids in my class. I can’t wait to see your other ideas and goodies. Thanks….:)