Apr 01 2010

Happy Easter

stephens-confirmation-card-012-copy.jpg

Wishing you all a blessed Easter.  My husband and I are flying to Nashville for our son Stephen’s Baptism and Confirmation.  I made the above card for this special occasion.  I almost didn’t post it because of the numerous mistakes, but decided to go ahead and show you.  This is a perfect example of getting in over my head.  However, I think Stephen will appreciate my effort and will love the card.

stephens-confirmation-card-004-copy.jpg

A close up of the chalice.  It was made on a separate piece of parchment paper and adhered to the card with PergaKit 3D Adhesive.  The pattern design for this card is found in Pergamano Classic Designs.  Regular parchment paper was used for the card.  I dorsed a separate sheet of parchment with Dorso Crayons (brown) and inserted it into the card.

stephens-confirmation-card-014-copy.jpg

Due to the nature of parchment’s translucency, it’s hard to get an upright picture.  The card’s true colors are shown in the first two pictures.

This is a quick post today girls.  I have tons to do before I start packing.  I’ll be back early next week with more designs.

If you’re interested in learning more about parchment craft, click here.

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace:

Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visit!

39 Responses to “Happy Easter”

1. Emily says:

Sorry, but I think you must be mistaken about the mistakes on this card! It is beautiful! What a lovely keepsake for such a happy occasion. Happy Easter to all!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

2. Rebekka says:

This is so gorgeous.

3. I don’t see any mistakes, just a beautiful card!

4. Chris K says:

Jerri – This is absolutlely stunning!

5. mdcash says:

Another gorgeous card Jerri! Your son will love it!

6. Jerri, this is one fabulous card for Stephen. OH my, ANYONE would love this card – it is beyond gorgeous! FAB work, my friend!!! And God’s Richest Blessings to Stephen! Have a safe trip!!!

7. Jerry, beautiful card! I cannot see any mistakes. If they are there, I don’t see them. Lovely!

8. Connie Watson says:

This is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! I see no mistake …and what a wonderful keepsake and reminder for such a joyeous occasion!!

9. Anne P says:

What a wonderful trip to be making. God bless you all, and especially Stephen. I love the card, and I’m sure Stephen will as well.
    Hugs, Anne.

10. Karen W says:

This is gorgeous, what a stunning keepsake

Jerri, this card is absolutely stunning. Congratulations to Stephen. What a joyous day!!! Have a safe trip and a wonderful Easter.

12. Rosie Waldt says:

Jerri, what a beautiful card and for such a special occasion for your son, Stephan, on this important Easter time. He will know all the love you put into it. Thanks for sharing.

gee I wish when I make mistakes they could be hidden as well as yours. I really checked it out and found no mistakes. Congratulations to your son and have a wonderful time together. This is a wonderful way to spend Easter. God Bless you all

14. Helen says:

Stunning!

Gorgeous Jerri, this will make a beautiful keepsake to commemorate this special day. Can you imagine what future generations will think when they see this cherished card passed down? Have a safe trip, Happy Easter, ~Diane

16. Pam says:

Jerri, If there are mistakes, they are not visible to the rest of us. Don’t be so hard on yourself. The card is gorgeous and your son will be blessed! Congratulations to your son on his baptism. God bless you and your family. Pam

Jerri, this is a wonderful card for Stephan and I know he will appreciate all the time and effort you put into it just for him. It is so detailed and so fitting for his special occassion. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Nashville and enjoy every moment!

I think it’s beautiful! And you are probably the only one who will see most of the mistakes. I’ll bet he’ll get lots of compliments of the “Your Mom made this!!!!? variety!

Enjoy your weekend and congratulations to your son. I’m sure you are very proud of him.
    Travel carefully, and we’ll see you on the flip side.
    (You’ll have to share a couple of photos!)
    Hugs, Jessica

19. Cindy says:

Exquisite!

20. Linda says:

Jerri, I just love this card!! It is so powerful!!

21. This is a beautiful card and I know he will cherish it always. I can’t see a single mistake, your work is always to beautiful. Have a blessed Easter and a safe trip!

22. Velta says:

What a glorious way to spend Easter Jerri!!! It just does not get more blessed than the way your family is celebrating!! Congratulations to Stephen…I know you are proud of him! Again this is just stunning!!! Stephen will love this card!

Be Safe and May God Be with You and Yours on this Wonderful Occasion!

23. I looked and looked and I can’t find the mistakes! This is gorgeous. The more I see of your parchement crafts the more I want to try it. I will have to start saving for more supplies!!

24. Doris says:

Love the card, have a safe trip and enjoy yourself.

25. nancy littrell says:

You continue to amaze me Jerri with your art! Stephen will treasure his card made and given by his loving parents for a very blessed occasion. Congratulations to you all…..

26. Karen Baker says:

Amazingly Beautiful! What a wonderful keepsake ,for a wonderful occasion.

27. Diane G says:

Mistakes? Where? I looked this card over with a fine tooth comb and found NOTHING but an absolutely beautiful and gorgeous card. Unless you point them out no one will ever know. I only wish my mistakes would show so well!! LOL What a wonderful way to spend Easter. Have a safe trip and congratulations to your son.

28. Sonya says:

If there are any mistakes, I certainly can’t see them! The intricacy of the design would hide any (if there were any!!). All I can see is the beauty of the card!

29. Absolutely stunning!
    What a treasure for your son to have, and how incrediable for your son to be making his First Communion and Confirmation on Easter Sunday!
    Many Blessings to him and also to your Family on this joyous occasion!

Have a Blessed and Happy Easter!

30. Rufus says:

Mistakes? Numerous mistakes? Wow, I must need glasses, since I don’t see any mistakes at all! All I see is an absolutely gorgeous card. Stephen is going to love this and treasure it. Hope that you have a marvelous time. Happy Easter to you and your family.
    R/

31. Joyce across the pond says:

Easter Blessing to you and to Stephen….May God walk alongside him for the rest of his life and may he know His guidance each and every day.

Beautiful card – no mistakes to be seen….must have taken forever to make but then it is a labour of love.

Journeying mercies to you all.

Joyce

32. Tilda says:

Beautiful card…..congrats to your son.

I do want to say with reference to the mistakes:
    I teach quilting and the one thing I stress is this…the Amish put mistakes in their quilts on purpose! Yep that’s right! Why you ask…because their belief that nobody is perfect except for God, so don’t sweat the mistakes!!! It adds character besides that!! So Don’t sweat it! :0) Have a blessed Easter!

33. Tonniece says:

Happy Easter Jerri

Stunning card to say the least. I truly see no mistakes and if there are some I should be so lucky as to make them and have a masterpiece such as this.

Have a safe trip

Hugs
    Tonniece

34. Elaine Moore says:

Lovely card – you must have on the wrong glasses if you see a mistake. Blessings to your son on his confirmation – hope you’ll share a picture or two. Have a wonderful trip!

A very beautiful card for a very beautiful occasion. You have done a marvelous job of all the cutting.

36. Janine says:

WOW!! Just gorgeous Jerri!

37. Jerri Kay, I gasped when I saw this! This is by far the most beautiful confirmation card I have ever seen in my life! I hope he frames it and keeps it as a reminder! I sure would!

38. Suzana Ilic says:

Gorgeous card! So elegant! I loved the color and the pattern. Everything is so nicely done!

39. sylvie FLON says:

bonjour,

je trouve votre carte superbe. quelle élégance !

Je cherche le modèle. j’aimerai la faire pour la communion de mon fils. je lui ai montré, il l’adore.

pouvez vous me dire dans quel manuel vous l’avez trouver s’il vous plait ? ( nom du livre avec auteur s’il vous plait?

je vous remercie d’avance