May 04 2010

Lavender Parchment Card For a Friend

mauve-parchment-thank-you-011-copy_edited-2.jpg

Hi everyone, I’m back with a quick post today.  I’m flying to Nashville Wednesday to help Stephen pack and move his belongings into storage, we’ll be driving home in his truck.  We hope to be home Saturday evening providing there are no more storms and the flooding situation is under control.  Please keep the families in and around the Nashville area in your prayers, many suffered devastating losses.  Parts of Vanderbilt were under water, thankfully Stephen’s area is okay, no flooding.

I finished Volume 5 of The Techniques and will be back a bit later with my post and the five cards I made with the Perga Liners (colored pencils and water color pencils).  They’re just beautiful, I can’t wait to show you.  I’m not sure if I’ll have enough time to get pictures taken before I leave tomorrow. If not, definitely the first part of next week I’ll get them posted.

Today I want to share a card I made for a friend.  The pattern for this card came from a bi-monthly magazine Pergamano publishes.  I embellished it a bit by adding a silk bow, butterflies (punched and embossed), and the little tassels beneath the bow.  The fine cut work within the paisley designs was well beyond my limited capabilities and didn’t come out as I had hoped, but practice makes perfect . . . . right!  I will be working on it and most likely will do this card again,  I just love the design.

mauve-parchment-thank-you-009-copy_edited-1.jpg

I’m showing you this close up so that you can see how “imperfect” the cutting is.  As I stated in a previous post, this is all new to me and I’m truly having a wonderful time learning this craft, mistakes and all.  Even with my mistakes, I think the card is pretty and I’m pleased as punch with how well my stippling is coming along, as well as my embossing.  I love the gold Tinta ink on the design, I think it adds a touch of elegance.

mauve-parchment-thank-you-012-copy.jpg

Gosh, a card just feels plain naked without a bow, I had to add one .  .  .  LOL!  I chose a lavender shade of 1/4″ May Arts silk ribbon, it has a wonderful luster that I think looks beautiful with the gold ink.  The punched butterflies are from two different punches, I used a Fiskars punch for the larger butterflies and the Fancy Crafts Twin Punch that I sell in my store for the smaller butterflies.  That punch is a mainstay for me, I purchased a second one as a back up in case mine ever goes on the fritz.

I’m taking my laptop with me to Nashville and will be checking my e-mail daily.  The store will remain open and orders will be shipped as soon as I return.

magnetic-design-board.jpg

Oh, before I go I want to show you a new tool I got in and just love, its a magnetic design board.  In the past I taped my pattern down on a hard surface with removable tape (so the pattern wouldn’t slip) and then taped my parchment paper to the pattern with the removable tape.  With this tool, there’s no need for any tape.  Simply lay your pattern on the metal plate (I love the grid lines for keeping everything straight), then lay your parchment paper on top of the pattern.  The four strips are magnets, simply lay them over the parchment paper around the pattern and it holds everything in place with no slipping whatsoever.  Octogons and triangles are on one side of the plate, as well as an American Standard ruler around the edges, ovals and circles are on the opposite side with a metric system ruler around the edges, as well as templates for size A5 and A6 cards.  Please note, this tool is NOT for cutting!

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace:

Thank you so much for stopping by, your visits mean so much to me .   .  . Wishing you all a warm, sunny day!

36 Responses to “Lavender Parchment Card For a Friend”

1. cepet says:

Your cutting is not bad at all. Are you using the scissors or the snips? Either way, barely put the tips into the holes, while holding the scissors or snips almost parallel to the paper. As you clip, you need just a little wrist action twisting towards the left (if right handed). This gives the lovely picot edges that parchment craft is known for in the lace and cutout work.
    Don’t get discouraged! Having consistent picot edging in your cutting takes practice, practice and even more practice!

Good luck on your trip to Nashville.

2. Tosh says:

Yet another exquisite creation Jerri!! Love the gold lining!! All your details are fantastic!! WOW!

3. Carol R says:

Gorgeous. All the details are simply beautiful. Your cutting looks just fine to me.

4. Chris K says:

Absolutely stunning! Happy to hear all is well with Stephen. Will keep those in Nashville in my thought and prayers.

5. Heather says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Stephen in Nashville. Keep well!
    This is a stunning piece and, for the life of me, I can’t find any boo-boos-lol! I think you’ve done a magnificent job here, but I suppose one in the know would know what you are talking about. I think the entire piece is beautiful and I love the shade you’ve used! The paisley pieces are lovely but I’m also happy you included those darling butterflies. They do add such a sweet touch.
    Thanks for sharing and do keep well on your trip!

Your progress in this craft is amazing. Love your card very much and look forward to seeing the painting cards. Safe trip.

7. jan gingrich says:

I really enjoyed your card today, cant wait to see the next set. Very, very, nice!
    Keep up the terrific work!!! Im so glad to see that you will be selling the magnetic board in your shop. I saw one used on a tutorial and wondered where I could get one. That will have to be my next purchase!!

8. Jerri, once again you have created a stunning card!! I think your work is just great. You have every reason to be happy with it. You surely have mastered the stippling!
    Have a safe trip!

9. Soooooo beautiful, Jerri!

….have a safe trip with Stephen. {{hugs}}

As usual you have created another masterpiece

As usual, you have created another masterpiece

I will keep your family in my prayers along with all the others that have been devastated by this tragedy. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

13. diane mcvey says:

This is SO beautiful! You have one lucky friend! I’d die if I got a card like this! LOL It’s just so gorgeous. Everything you make is unbelievable!!!
    Have a great week! And weekend! 😀

14. Silke Ledlow says:

Jerri, your friend will love this card!!! Amazing details and I love the lavender color!!! Travel safe!!! Big hugs ~S~

What a beautiful card! I am really looking forward to trying these intricate designs! I found a small pattern and a bit of paper for an inexpensive try out. But if I like it, and can do it well, I’ll come get my supplies from you. You are so very talented! Thanks for sharing your talent with others!

16. what a stunning card.Beautiful work.You must have the patience of a saint.Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Jerri, this is stunning and I love the lavendar…l know your friend will love this, heck, who woudn’t be thrilled to get such a creation. Have safe travels w/Stephen.

18. Victoria Stevens says:

Your creations are past wonderful !!! i love getting your e-mails. Everything is just awesome !!! Safe trip and blessings, Victoria

19. Cherie says:

What a magnificent beautiful piece of art! Totally stunning!

20. Janet Castle says:

Absolutely beautiful…but then, I’m sure you hear that a lot!!!! I would faint dead away if I received a card like this…your friend is honored!
    Have a safe trip and safe home.
    Prayers heading your way,
    Jan Castle

21. Julie says:

I love all of your work so much. I used to do Pergamano but for some unknown reason I quit. Looking at all the beautiful ones you have done has made me want to get back into doing it. Thank you for sharing your work.

22. How Beautiful Jerri!
    It will make the receipent feel honored,even if it is what you call imperfect! 🙂

Will pray for a safe trip for you,and that everything goes smoothly while you are there.
    Can’t wait to see the other cards,I bet they are exquisite as well!

23. Velta says:

No Way Jerri…Did you use the word “imperfection?” Well then I must give you a diagnosis of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)…I see nothing here that that word could be used for!!! My goodnesss this looks like it has been made for royalty! To me this is flawless and magnificent!!! You are quite the artist girl…Be Safe on your trip and God Bless!!

24. Susan G says:

TOTALLY STUNNING!!!
    Susan

25. Sue K (Australia) says:

Jeri, I WISH i could make mistakes like yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Again – another absolutely STUNNING creation – i so wish i lived near you to go to a class with you. Cant wait to see the others next week. Travel safe.

26. Rufus says:

Have a safe and speedy journey. This card sure looks good to me! Since I’ve never done this particular aspect of paper-crafting, I wouldn’t know a “mistake” while looking at it! That’s one thing you need to keep in mind ~ sometimes we’re too critical of ourselves. While others think what we’ve done is magic! Can’t wait to see next weeks samples.
    Take care,
    R/

27. Karen Baker says:

Stunning Jerri! I keep working with parchment craft, but I don’t come close to your talent. Look forward to evey post you make. Going to have to get some more supplies. Love the magnetic board. Safe travel.

28. Jerri,
    This is absolutely beautiful. Well I did it, I went and got a book about Parchment Craft and am hoping to get through some of it so I can give it a try for a Mothers Day Card for this weekend. Your designs are beautiful. Thank you for always sharing such Beautiful creations. Have a safe trip.

29. Emily says:

Your card is so delicate and beautiful! You must hate to part with them. I hope the recipients appreciate them with the love they deserve! The gold pen does a beautiful job, of course that could just be your talent showing up, but it doesn’t seem to have any skipping or globs what ever. Definitely a great tool! The little fluffy bow and the butterfly tails are the perfect finishing touch. Love it all!
    Thanks for sharing you work! :o)

30. Cathy Hughes says:

Jerri, got my books yesterday and I can’t wait to get started. I love, love, love the lavender card. Book 5….oh boy, my poor pocketbook!!!

31. Jill Haddad says:

I love this Jerri. Just got my order in the mail yesterday and can’t wait to try out the tools. I’ll be coming back for more I’m sure.

Glad to hear Stephen and his possesions weren’t harmed in the floodwaters. My son was supposed to have gone to Nashville to work with a friend on some construction jobs. I was extremely thankful his trip was delayed when I learned of the flooding. Such devastation there!

32. Jerri! Your work takes my breath away! Love it, girl!! Safe travels and Happy Mother’s Day.

33. nancy littrell says:

Wow…what a beauty! Have a productive and safe trip. Look forward to all your new works of art. TFS

34. This is stunning Jerri. I bet your friend loved this.. Such a pretty technique. I am so glad that Stephen is okay.. That is frightening and my heart goes out to all the families there. Hope it went well.

Oh, I just love the elegance of this, Jerri!! The lavendar is so pretty, and I love your loopy ribbon!! I hope you had a wonderful trip!!

36. This is fabulous! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that close-up photo to show all the intricate detail! And what a GREAT magnetic design board — what a find!