May 16 2010

Pergamano – The Techniques – Volume 5 – Perga Liners

tulip.jpg

Hi girls, I’m back with Pergamano’s The Techniques – Step by Step – Volume 5.  I have several designs to show you that I did from the book last week before I traveled to Tennessee.

First, I want to thank each and every one of you for your prayers for the flood victims in Tennessee as well as your prayers for our safe travel.  I had a wonderful trip, it went by way too fast and I have much to tell you.  I’ll be back in another post soon to share pictures of Stephen’s Baptism (I have his approval . . . LOL).  I also have pictures to share that I took while visiting my dear friend, Ann Williams, of Brentwood, Tennessee; what an absolute thrill it was to spend the day visiting with Ann in her lovely home!  I came home and told my husband I was ready to move to Brentwood and we’d be close to Stephen .  .  . LOL!

As you will recall, the first four books I’ve shown cover the basic techniques, i.e., tracing, embossing, stippling, perforating, cutting, painting with the Perga Color Exclusive markers, and dabbing with Pintura Inks.  If you missed that post, click here and here for a quick look or review.  The books build on one another; the fifth volume assumes you’ve completed the first four books and picks up with adding additional coloring techniques to parchment designs using the Perga Liners.   Perga Liners are artist quality colored pencils and water color pencils. The colored pencils are for using the “dry technique” and both the colored pencils and the water color pencils are for using the “wet technique.”  Detailed instructions are given, together with colored pictures illustrating the steps.  I made the tulip card placed in front of the book using both dry and wet techniques taught in the book.

octogon.jpg

This card was made using the “dry technique”  .  .  .  .  colored pencils.  The design is beautiful in its simplicity, it was traced with Tinta purple ink and Tinta white ink.  I love these inks, they can be mixed to create different hues (I’ve been playing with them.).  I colored the flower with the colored pencils, used the stippling technique around the outer petals, and then embossed the flower from the back side of the paper.

butterfly.jpg

This butterfly card was also colored using the “dry technique” with colored pencils.  I traced the pattern using Tinta sepia ink, as well as Tinta white ink.  After tracing, I colored the image and embossed the card.  A punch wheel embossing tool was used to create the dotted lines in the border.

violets-copy.jpg

I love this image of the wood violets, so soft and pretty, I couldn’t resist the silk bow!  I traced the pattern with Tinta leaf green ink, Tinta purple ink, as well as Tinta white ink.  This image was first colored with the colored pencils and then painted with the water color pencils.  The colored pencils work as a base when Dorso oil is applied.  The book gives step-by-step instructions for this technique.  This pattern is also illustrated in the DVD, Pergamano – The True Passion.

tulip-1.jpg

I also love this tulip image, the colors are so beautiful.  I painted it using the same technique as the wood violets.  Tinta leaf green ink was used for the stems, Tinta white and gold inks are used for the frame.   No tracing or inks are used for the tulip, it is painted completely with a round No. 2 Pergamano paint brush.  The inside of the card is lined with ivory vellum.  I tied a gold cord around the fold line.

tulip-3_edited-1.jpg

I couldn’t make up my mind which picture I like more, so I placed both in the post.  I really like the depth I achieved on the stem and leaves; with more practice, I feel my painting will improve.  The tulip and leaves are embossed from the back side, as well as the front (the three back petals of the tulip are embossed on the front of the paper to give the illusion of depth, as well as parts of the leaves).  The embossing on the border scrolls shows up well in this photograph, a feathering technique was used (taught in an earlier volume).

perga-liners.jpg

This is the box the Perga Liners come in.  I placed my butterfly card on the lower right corner of the box.  As you can see, the butterfly image that is used in the book is on the cover of the Perga Liners.

perga-liners-2.jpg

This pictures shows you what the pencils look like.  The water color pencils are engraved in black with the letter “A” (aquarelle) and a number.  The colored pencils are engraved in white with the letter “B” (base) and coordinating number.  The numbers on the water color pencils coordinate with the numbers on the colored pencils.  In all Pergamano patterns, instructions are given for which colors are to be used with the patterns, making it very easy to duplicate the colors in the originals.

I’ll be back later in the week to share my photos and trip to Tennessee.  Next month is my 27th wedding anniversary.  I’ve been working on designs this week in celebration of the month of June (wedding month in my book .  .  . LOL!).  If you have any weddings coming up or just love bridal designs, you won’t want to miss the post.  Hopefully I’ll have it ready by the end of this week, if not, the early part of next week.

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique

Thank you so much for visiting, I truly appreciate your stopping by.  Have a wonderful week!

26 Responses to “Pergamano – The Techniques – Volume 5 – Perga Liners”

Magnificent cards and colouring, you are mastering this technique. Beautiful, beautiful work.

2. Bravo!!! Another outstanding post, Jerri. Your work is absolutely stunning.

Wow! Your projects are wonderful, Jerri!

4. Karen W says:

Just stunning!!! You are really making me think I need to dig out my stuff and try this again although my hands tremble and I just didn’t do this nice of a job. Your stuff is amazing. I wish I lived close to take a class.

Absolutely gorgeous Jerri! Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

6. cepet says:

Fabulous work, Jerri. You’ve really got the hang of these pencils. The tulip is marvelous!

Each and every one of your cards is just amazing. I true work of art you do on them all. I love seeing them here. Of course I would really like to see one in my mailbox 🙂 I am so glad your trip went well and that you had such a nice time.

8. Jerri, these are all absolutely beautiful!!! Your work is so lovely to look at! Thank you so much for sharing with us all!!!

9. BettyBee says:

Spectacular! I love looking at your work….it is a visual delight! I can’t wait to see your photos of Brentwood – my Brother in law lives there, too! Thanks for wonderful tutorials. I would love to take a class from you someday!

Your techniques get better and better. You are truely a parchment artist! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

11. Debbie G says:

Gorgeous! Love the violets! I wish I had time to try this, but guess I’ll just stick with perforating and cutting for now.

12. Velta says:

Jerri ~ These are exquisite and beyond anything I have seen online or anywhere for that matter!!! The colors are divine and just shockingly beautiful! You can tell that you have really gotten into this art work and it shows!

So glad to hear that your trip was a good and safe one. I am sure your son was happy to have you there for his Baptism! Many Blessings to you and yours!!

13. Karen Baker says:

Beautiful Jerri! Eye candy for me. Look forward to every post.

14. Josefa laura says:

hi,i want to know if exist any way to buy your products in mexico,i also need to know if you can sell me the aqua painter..is hard get this products in mexico,i will like to know if exist posibilitys,ii think i write you in past asking you the same but i dont know if is posible now..grettiings…Laura

15. Cathy Hughes says:

Oh Jerri, I love the violets. I can’t wait for the shipment to arrive and, I am so glad I included the purple paper!

Cathy

Jerri, I think you have mastered this technique and are ready to write your own book, gf!!! Love your sample, especially the violets as they look so real.

17. Dawn B. says:

Wow this is wonderful.. I agree you are have mastered this technique. Each card is so beautiful.. What a great set of cards.

18. Jan Gingrich says:

Its always a bright spot in my day to see your latest card creation. Very, very nice!!

19. Hello, sweet friend! I just love coming over here and gawking at your gorgeous work. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with us. I am saving my pennies so I can order some of these awesome products, soon!! HUGS!

20. Tonniece says:

Truley STUNNING Jerri.

Hugs
    Tonniece

21. Heather says:

Lovely, lovely, lovely! These are so sweet and refreshing and I think you’re colouring is waay above most 🙂
    I have a question regarding the paint/ink. I recently bought small jar of Liquitex Prof. Acrylic Ink in Iridescent Bright Gold. It’s gorgeous! I’m having trouble with controling it when I paint. I’ve got a super thin (for this purpose) brush but even those few strands of hair aren’t helping with controlling the flow. I’ve tried dipping my calligraphy pen and using it that way, but it is tedious. Is there not a pen I can fill with this? No one at the art store seemed to be able to answer this one. Of course, they all said to give it a try-lol. Amongst my stash of my ‘not well used cos I gave up cos I’m not very good’ Calligraphy products, I have a pen with a fillable cartridge. But I wondered if this ink would dry out & clog the tip. I have a feeling it would.
    Big question with big hopes. I love the gold edging on things (like little flowers and such) and would rather not use my Krylon pen (I find I waste a lot of ink due to the chisel edge, especially when I want just a fine edging) especially as this intended use is not a paper edging. I suppose I could just use a gold gel pen, but the look is not the same as with this incredible ink. I like the acrylic part as well as it seems to have a touch of flexibility in it. I haven’t seen it crack yet.
    Any help would be great help and I thank you in advance 🙂
    Heather, basking in the scent of a large vase brimming with purple & white lilacs 🙂

22. Oh Jerri! What stunning work with these pencils! I am just in awe. I so love your color variation …and that tulip just steals my heart! Gorgeous!

23. Becca Feeken says:

Jerri these are all supremely exquisite!! It’s always a great treat to pop over and see what you’ve been working on!! You have such a keen eye for beauty and elegance dear friend!

24. Tosh says:

Stunning work Jerri!! Your shading and highlights are perfection!! I’m in awe!!

25. Jerri, your designs are truly magnificent. I enjoy stopping by to see your work!
    You are truly a very talented lady.

26. […] Pergamano — The Techniques Volume 5 […]