Jun 01 2010

Bridal Collection: Table Decor – Wedding Candles

bridal-collection-ii-224-copy.jpg

Hi everyone!  Welcome to day two of the Bridal Collection, a collection of designs I’ve made for summer weddings.  Today’s post features a set of wedding candles.

The flowers in the design shown above were created using Dahlia Nestibilties.  A Bridal Collection Product Page has been added on a tab at the top of my blog banner with links to all the products used in the designs and sold at A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique.  All products highlighted in pink are available on the product page with shopping links to the store.

In an earlier post, I mentioned that my 27th wedding anniversary is coming up in June.  My anniversary is what gave me the inspiration to design a vintage bridal collection for summer weddings.  There are several designs in the collection.  I’ll be back each day with a design and a lot of pictures.  If you missed yesterday’s post featuring the bridal card, you can see it here.

bridal-collection-ii-229-copy.jpg

I love these vintage candlestick holders!  This design didn’t take long at all and adds beauty and elegance to the candlestick holders.

Using Dahlia Nestibilities, I cut several flowers of all different sizes from Very Vanilla card stock.  Using a small sponge dauber, Soft Rose ink was sponged around the edges of the petals.  I painted a light green wash onto the flowers.  The green water wash was made by mixing 3-to-4 drops of Tinta Leaf Green ink into a small bowl of water.  Once the wash was dry, it gave the flowers a very natural, slightly green cast.  The flowers were then embossed and layered.  Perga Glue was used throughout the entire collection for a quick drying, strong bond.  A Kaisercraft pearl was placed inside the large flower shown above.   I used a Sizzix leaf die to cut the leaves.  I then sponged Soft Rose ink on the edges and embossed them on a Pergamano embossing pad, as I did with the flower petals.  The leaves and tendrils were adhered to the flower.  A butterfly (Fiskar punch) was adhered to one of the tendrils.  The design was then adhered to the double looped silk bow with Perga Glue.

bridal-collection-ii-231-copy.jpg

I dyed two 18″ strips of 1/8″ white silk ribbon with Soft Rose ink.   I placed the ribbon on the ink pad and pressed firmly with the back of a spoon.  I then heat set the ink with a heating tool.  Once it was dry I dipped the ribbon in a small bowl with only a tablespoon of water in it.  I then removed the ribbon from the bowl and scrunched it in a paper towel. The ribbon was then tossed in my laundry dryer for about a minute on high heat (I did this for a quick dry, it literally just takes several seconds to dry).  I got lucky and was able to get a perfect color match on my first try as you can see in the picture above.  If the ribbon is too light, simply repeat the process to darken it. I back stitched the 1/8″ dyed ribbon to the back of the bow’s knot.  I then tied the bow around the candlestick holder and trimmed the ribbon tails to the desired length.

bridal-collection-ii-232-copy.jpg

Isn’t this adorable!  I attached small Dahlia flowers on the candles adhering them with Perga Glue.  I love it!

bridal-collection-ii-228-copy.jpg

The candles would be beautiful on the bridal table or can also be used to light the unity candle during the wedding ceremony. The ribbon design can be removed and saved as a wedding keepsake.  The candlestick holders can be used again and again for bridal showers, Mother’s Day luncheons, afternoon teas, Valentines, etc.  Simply design a ribbon treatment for the occasion, it’s very simple and really dresses up your table.  My formal dining room is sapphire blue.  I’m going to design a ribbon treatment and place the candlestick holders on the dining table.

For your shopping convenience, refer to the Bridal Collection Product Page at the top of my blog banner for links to products used in the designs.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you’ll join me tomorrow, I’ll be back with another design.

21 Responses to “Bridal Collection: Table Decor – Wedding Candles”

1. Oh, Jerri — those candlesticks are just to die for — SO beautiful!!!

2. Pam Clay says:

Just lovely!!

3. Barbara Riefner says:

I am really enjoying the Wedding Collection you are doing and look forward to each installment. Your work is absolutely beautiful!!!

4. These candles are soooooo lovely, Jerri. I’m anxious for the next installment to this series!!

Can’t wait to see the next installment, Jerri! This is gorgeous.

6. Pam P says:

How beautiful can’t wait to see what’s next. Your work is incredible!

Jerri, absolutely gorgeous!!!! You are just amazing!

8. cepet says:

Oh, Jerri, these are simply gorgeous! And they can be used for other occasions as well.

9. susan says:

Jerri, another super addition to your collection…these are terrific,

Can’t wait to see the full set on display, thanks for sharing

Susan

10. Velta says:

Hey girl ~ These candles are just exquisite! I love the delicate details…even on vacation you seem to have time to post. I, as one of your biggest fans, appreciate yout time and effort. Just love everything about these…Thank you again for shairing! I am eager to start trying…<key word “trying”? to create these beautiful flowers…Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your vacation !!

11. jenny gropp says:

Your wedding projects have left me speechless – as all your projects do! AMAZING work!

12. Cherie says:

Wow! Stunning, gorgeous, lovely…………….words hardly describe your creativity! These are just super fabulous! TFS!

Jerri, this is stunning to say the least! Some bride would be tickled to be able to use this beauttiful essemble! I love the softness of your project for a special bride! Just gorgeous, gf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, she won’t need a florist at all! If you start now as you have been you can do a much better job than any florist I have ever seen. These candles are absolutely beautiful and you would have to touch them to know that they weren’t real. When I first glanced at them, I thought the flowers were real and was looking to see what you had done. Perfection, my dear!

15. Shawna says:

I am just loving the unfolding each day of another one of your stunning creations! These candles are beyond wonderful!!

16. Helen says:

Just beautiful.

17. Janine says:

OMG!!! This is amazing Jerri!! You are one talented woman!

Great idea for the candlesticks they look so elegant. Your flowers are beautifully made, love them.

19. Sylvia Johnson says:

Your wedding things are just so beautiful. You are so talented. A true gift from God.

20. Margaret Thompson says:

I’m so far behind on reading my emails, been in the hospital again but really glad this email was still there for me to see this morning at 5:45am CA time – when I should be in bed still!! Had enough of that with my many trips to the hospital and I find this is much more important!!
    What beautiful work as usual Jerri. I would be very grateful if some one made them to put at the table next to the sign in book at my funeral. They can even use my sterling silver candle holders….
    These very well designed candle holders just say a whole lot with out having to say any words.
    Beautiful they are.

Pure elegance, Jerri…absolutely gorgeous !!!!