Nov 07 2010

Masculine Denim Card

I struggle with masculine cards.  It’s just not in me to come up with a masculine card that has the “wow” factor stamped all over it.  I’m too “girly” . . . . LOL . . . . I want ribbons and bows and flowers and bling!  Well, I don’t think my 34-year-old nephew would appreciate that.  So I’m here today with a very simple “man” card . . . LOL!  I’ve incorporated four different colors of Stampin’ Up! blue cardstock stamped with Stampin’ Up!’s denim background stamp.   The cardstock was cut into rectangles and squares, sponged and stitched.  I created a tag with Stampin’ Up!’s Genuine Articles stamp set and personalized it with my nephew’s name using JustRite’s Times New Roman 25 pt. font set.  All inks are Tim Holtz Distress inks in various shades of blue and Brushed Corduroy.  Large antique brads were placed on the four corners.  I flattened them with a small craft hammer from Stampin’ Up!

A close up of the tag.  It was very easy to center “Jamie” with JustRite’s clear horizontal stamper.

This picture is a bit dark and doesn’t show the denim background that was stamped on the blue strip.  Another small tag was placed on the inside of the card from the same Stampin’ Up! set.  I adhered the bottom and sides of the blue strip, leaving the top unattached.  A gift card or cash will be tucked inside.

This pillow from my son’s bed was my inspiration.  The colors on the card are a close match to the pillow, but due to my poor photography, they are not showing as light as they are.

While this card is not one of my favorites, I know my nephew will love it.  I’ve never seen him in anything other than his blue jeans when he’s not working.  The guy loves denim!

If any of you have “menfolk” that prefer denim, please feel free to case the card. No ribbon, no bows, no bling . . . it doesn’t get any simpler than this!

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

35 Responses to “Masculine Denim Card”

1. Peggy Maier says:

Really nice!

2. […] A Touch &#959f Grace » Masculine Denim Card This entry was posted in Business and tagged Affordable, Business, Card, mini, Scanner, Scanners. Bookmark the permalink. ← Football kits are a positive motivational factor Credit Repair For Dummies – Tricks Of The Trade With Regard To Repairing Your Personal Bad Credit → […]

3. What a fun card, Jerri! I absolutely LOVE it and I do love denim cards for guys — always a classic! Way to go!!!

4. Dealbaida says:

Well slap my thigh! Brilliant man cards Jerri and it just so happens I have two pairs of jeans in my sewing stash just waiting to be repurposed! This will make a change from totes.

Thanks – as ever.
    Marion
    UK

5. Nessie says:

What a lovely idea – and so personal with his name on the card. I am sure he will appreciate your efforts!

6. emily says:

I think you managed the WOW factor in a man’s card quite nicely! The flattened brads..gotta remember that trick!… and the personalized tags are so authentic looking. I looked twice since I thought you really had made if from denim and leather! The birthday boy will love it!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

YOur nephew will love this card. Very creative, Jerri! I don’t do masculine very well either.

8. Hi Jerri!
    What a great idea. this card is very masculine.
    Very clever.
    Hugs maz

9. cepet says:

Jerri, what a great idea! I think many of us struggle with men’s cards, and you did a fabulous job! I’m sure your nephew will love it.

10. Barbara Riefner says:

What a great idea for a man’s card. You come up with such wonderful ideas. You are amazingly creative. I look forward to all your posts.

He’s going to love it! I love the way you roughed up the edges. For a minute I thought it was real denim!

12. Pam Bartnett says:

Great card!!! Thanks for the idea. Pam

13. Cindy Lou says:

Hmmm, simple, no bling, distressed and personalized – sounds like the perfect man card to me! Great job, I know my sons (any one of them) would love this card. It’s a great card, the stitching makes it look so real, but I do know it feels “different” making blingless cards lol. Love the label 😉

14. pinky says:

Jerri, I love this masculine card…I know your nephew will enjoy it! Great job, gf!!!!!

15. Amy Johnson says:

What a perfect masculine card! I love it! It has so much detail in it, yet is still CAS the way guys like it!

16. Gloria C says:

I know it is going to be a great day when I see a post from you in my in box. I thought until I read your post that this was made of demin. What a great job!!! This is a great masculine card. Yes, I am always looking for ideas for them. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

17. Conniecrafter says:

what a great idea, very cool!

18. This is awesome Jerri! Love the layers of “denim”…it truly looks like denim fabric! Great masculine card!

19. This is a wonderful creation, Jerri!! I think the most difficult thing about making masculine cards is how strange it feels to us ladies to have to keep it VERY simple (almost boring) and the guys will be absolutely thrilled with it!!!

I love this card!! You always keep us inspired…..especially when our own ‘creative juices’ aren’t flowing as they normally do :))

Great card Jerri, I love the denim. I struggle with the male cards too. I know your nephew will truly appreciate it.

Now that should have been entered into Paper Crafts Mag’s ‘What makes it Masculine’ design call! I love the card, and the pillow. I never see my men in anything but denim, unless they go to a wedding or a funeral. And weddings usually only require new denim! lol

22. Debbie Adelt says:

Jerri, an absolutely cool card! The denim looks so real. Great Masculine card!! Thank you for sharing.

23. Janet Castle says:

As always Jerri, great card!!!! Can’t say beautiful, lovely, etc., but I think GREAT covers it well since it is a guy card…LOL!
    Jan Castle

What great inspiration. Your wallet looks just like the pillow.

25. Jerri, this card is such a great idea!
    Love it! And thnak you for the tip with the brads and flattening them. they look more like the “rivets” in real jeans! 🙂

May you be Blessed for a wonderful week,

Mary

26. Mary Mac says:

A class ‘A’ masculine card and not a scrap of denim in sight! LOL
    Any guy would be thrilled to receive such a personalized card – you’ll be top of his list for Christmas!

Mary Mac

27. This is such a fun denim feel Jerri! Love the layered colors and how you’ve added the name! Very fun!

28. Donna G says:

I can’t believe that’s not real denim material and a real label on your card! I would never believe it if I hadn’t read all the way down. Great Job!
    Donna G

29. velta says:

Perfect manly card Jerry….I am having another insomnia night and need to get to bed. However, I do really love this and it is an inspiration for a manly card for me in the future : tfs!!

30. This is a wonderful mam card Jerri. You’ve done a great job making it truly look like denim. I know your Nephew will love it. Thanks for sharing girlie.

Have a great day.

Deb

I am loving your patchwork denim card, Jerri!! It is perfectly masculine, and the denim looks real!! Amazing!!

32. Oh WOWWWWWW, I’m lovin’ this!…..your card looks JUST like that awesome pillow!!

What a great guy card, Jerri…they are sooo hard to make!!! Your design is wonderful and I, for one, will be casing this beauty!!!