Nov 09 2010

Pergamano – The Techniques – Volume 6 – Grids

Published by at 10:33 pm under Christmas,Parchment Craft,Parchment Tutorials

IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS PAGE FROM: www.buy-parchment-craft.com, PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT IT WAS STOLEN FROM MY SITE, A TOUCH OF GRACE (www.jerrkay.com). www.buy-parchment-craft.com is a scraper site, the owner’s identity is hidden through subterfuge. BY STEALING THIS PAGE FROM MY SITE THEY ARE VIOLATING U.S. COPYRIGHT LAWS. THEY HAVE STOLEN MY PICTURES, TEXT, CONTENT, DESIGNS, ETC. TO GENERATE INCOME TO THEM THROUGH ADVERTISING SALES. THEY ARE STEALING MY BANDWIDTH, AND DIRECTING TRAFFIC AWAY FROM MY SITE THROUGH SEARCH ENGINES.

It has been several months since I last posted Pergamano’s  The Techniques series that I started earlier in the year.  I’m finally getting back to finishing up the books. Today I’m sharing designs I made using Pergamano’s grids. I’ve completed the gridwork and have made the designs into Christmas cards and a bookmark, slightly different from what’s shown in the book.

Pictured above is Parchment Craft, The Techniques – Volume 6, together with three completed designs from the book; a bookmark (each of the diamonds demonstrates a different technique with different tools), a gem shaped Christmas card (reminds me of a cut diamond) with an adorable Christmas mouse, and a large Christmas card illustrating different techniques and tools as well.

I love this little card, so adorable! It measures 4″ x 5″.  My sample is not identical to what is in the book. The design in the book uses a butterfly vellum pattern with mustard card stock.  I added a small gold trimmed bow that I made with the Bow Easy.  I believe the ribbon is Offray. I edged around the card with a Krylon 18Kt. Gold Pen to match the bow.

A close up to show the detail.  A diagonal grid was used, together a small ball embossing tool (for the small embossed circles), a bold single needle perforating tool (for all perforating), the 2mm star embossing tool (for the embossed stars inside each triangle), Pergamano scissors (for all cutting), and Perga Soft (for ease of embossing).  The mouse image is from a pack of parchment vellum Christmas Mice.  I used Christmas Red embossing paper for the back of the card. I inserted Bordeaux parchment paper underneath the mouse.  The mouse image is one layer.  It was adhered to a second layer of regular parchment paper that was embossed on the grid and cut with parchment scissors.  I then perforated and cut a piece of Bordeaux parchment the same size and adhered that under the second layer.  That layer was then adhered to a third layer.  I know it sounds confusing, but if you look close at the picture, you’ll see the three layers (each layer has a cut edge resembling a postage stamp).  An embossing mat and perforating pad was used for this design.

Pictured above is a bookmark.  A Regular Mesh Easy Grid was used for this design, a perforating mat was placed underneath the grid. The diamonds and outer edges were traced with Tinta White ink and a mapping pen. I added Kaiser crystals and a tassel to the completed bookmark.  The design was done on regular parchment paper and then adhered to Ice Blue embossing paper.

A close up of the first and last diamonds.  The diamond perforating tool was used to make the square holes.

A close up of the second and fourth diamonds.  The diamond perforating tool was used to make the holes, parchment scissors were used to cut the holes into crosses, a large ball embossing tool was used to emboss the circles.

A close up of the third diamond.  The triangle perforating tool was used to make the triangular holes.  A small ball embossing tool was used to emboss the small circles.

I used the Regular Mesh Easy Grid for this card, it measures 5″ x 7″.  Again, this card is not what is shown in the book, the design is the same, but I chose to use Christmas Green embossing paper as the card base and attached silk bows made with 1/4″ May Arts silk ribbon.  I used the Bow Easy to make the bows and adhered Kaiser crystals to the bows.  A Copic marker was used to color the crystals green.

A close up of the border pattern.  The diamond perforating tool was used in this pattern, as well as the extra small ball embossing tool and parchment scissorsI used an embossing mat for all embossing and a perforating mat (placed underneath the regular mesh easy grid) for all perforating.

Once the border was finished, I turned the paper over and used the diamond perforating tool to create the design in the center of the card.

The closest comparison I can come to with grid work is counted cross stitch.  To work the patterns for grid work, you count as you would with cross stitch.  Grid work is used throughout parchment craft.  I hope to complete many more patterns to share with you in the coming year illustrating work with grids.

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique:  The Techniques – Volume 6 – Grids; Parchment Scissors, Embossing Mat, Perforating Mat, Diagonal Grid, Easy Mesh Regular Grid, Perga Soft, Perga Glue, Regular Parchment Paper, Bordeaux Parchment Paper, Christmas Mice Vellum, Bold Needle Perforating Tool, Diamond Perforating Tool, Triangle Perforating Tool, 2mm Star Embossing Tool, Small Ball Embossing Tool, Large Ball Embossing Tool, Tinta White Ink, Mapping Pen, Krylon 18Kt. Gold Pen, Christmas Green, Christmas Red, Extra Small Ball Embossing Tool, and Ice Blue Embossing Paper.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate your visit!

46 Responses to “Pergamano – The Techniques – Volume 6 – Grids”

1. Karen Wallace says:

As usual this is over the top gorgeous!! I can’t imagine how long it takes you to do some of these things. Amazing!!!

2. Angela says:

Oh I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite so beautiful. What a gorgeous and eye catching technique. Looks so elegant. hugs, Angela

3. Teresa says:

You AHHH me again. Such beautiful work. Happy Holidays.

4. Gorgeous parching, Jerri!! I always look forward to your posts but especially so when you present your next parchment craft/pergamano topic!! These projects are absolutely lovely….you descriptive ‘walk through’ to complete each one is always perfect….and the end results are always stunning. It’s wonderful to see you parching again :))

5. Rama says:

Beautiful, beautiful work absolutely gorgeous.

6. Lisa Schipritt says:

You are truly magic…so beautiful!!!!

7. cepet says:

Lovely work, Jerri! I know some folks find the grids daunting, and it seems you have completely mastered the grids. I do love the diagonal grid, one of my most favored grids.

8. Silke Ledlow says:

Jerry, I love how you used these templates on your bookmark and card!!! Gorgeous result and anyone receiving a card from you will be blown away! Hugs ~S~

9. Judy Covey says:

Oh Jerri, this is definitely the kind of artwork I like seeing from you. Every piece is so delicate and intricate and looks as though it is very time-consuming, but definitely worth it. I need to read more into this technique and maybe give it a shot. Keep up the fantastic work, you are a genius!

10. Amy Johnson says:

All I can say is WOW! Such Artwork. I love looking at it, but I don’t think I’d ever try it. Its so beautiful though, it just looks too time consuming and difficult.

11. Bev J. says:

Gorgeous projects-I really like the look. I, too, am going to look into this technique. tfs

12. Gail Summerour says:

Absolutely stunning! I always love seeing your creations, but this one is absolutely stunning!

13. Conniecrafter says:

Oh my it is just so lovely and elegant, you do such Beautiful work!

14. ann says:

Another gorgeous creation! You are the best!! Are your eyes crossed yet? I can’t imagine the hours those beauties took you.

Ann

15. Jerri, these are just beautiful. I tried this technique and thought I was going to hurt someone. 🙁 Needless to say I need a lot of practice. You have just the right touch, these are just beautiful.

You have inspired me to try it again. Thanks girlie.
    Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,

Deb

Jerri, these are just beautiful, gf!

17. Rosie Waldt says:

Just beautiful work, sorta reminds me of hardanger I used to do with fabric, ………..your work is so precise and gorgeous…………………just love to see your creations.

See, didn’t I say I come here to get something beautiful! How long didit take to do just one little diamond/triangle or square? I used to do cross stitch until my thumbs started rebelling, so I can’t really hold a needle for too long. So I’ve given away most of my old mags, pattern books and supplies. I have a few bits and bob’s I hope to be able to finish… I can dream! Thanks for the lovely cards.
    Hugs, Jessica

19. Oh, my word, such intricate detail and so utterly gorgeous! Love the shape of the first card, and the little mouse image is so sweet. Lots of work here, and so lovingly crafted.

20. Mary Mac says:

Truly stunning work Jerri. Sad to say I’d eat it first! lol

Mary Mac

21. Sylvia Johnson says:

Stunning as always. I cannot imagine how long it must take you to make your art. I am in awe of your talent.

22. Barbara Riefner says:

Just lovely Jerri – but then your work always is!!!

23. velta says:

Hey there my friend, who is the most talented of all…look in the mirror…and ask “who is the most talented of all.” It will tell you…You, Jerri are!!! Anyhoo…love these beautiful techniques…you always have something new and beautiful to share and I thank you, cause it always puts a smile on my face 🙂

24. Sue K (Australia) says:

Hi Jerri, WOWSER – again! These cards are gorgeous – pure class and elegance. You must have the patience of a saint! They are so delicate and so intricate – and um……………. therefore very unlike me – haha – truly beautiful work Jerri. Thanks for sharing.

25. Sue Kment says:

Oh more beautiful creations!

Jerri…you just blow me away every time I come to your blog…WOW!!!! I love all your gorgeous projects…total perfection!!!!

27. Seriously… SERIOUSLY FABULOUS!! Oh I love your Pergamano creations! Jerry these are truly exquisite. You are amazing!

28. I am just shaking my head in amazement. WOW Jerri…I couldn’t imagine creating these in my lifetime. So intricate and detailed and absolutely gorgeous. I bow to you m’lady!!

29. Donna G says:

Jerri,
    These are so elegant and beautiful! I am in awe at the time, patience, and love you put into your work, and appreciate the detailed descriptions you give to us. You are a wonderful teacher! Thank you.
    Donna G

30. Debbie says:

Beautiful cards! How disgusting that someone stole your work! I will definitely avoid that site when I search for parchment craft

Absolutely breathtaking Jerri. It is so sad that someone has stolen your material, nothing good will come from that. You are the real deal if anyone comes from that site they will be able to see that. Take care, ~Diane

32. My dear Jerri, my heart go out to you, I hope they get them devils. The law
    should keep you covered, people like them should not have a business.

Hugs and Prayers Pat

So intricate and lovely, Jerri!! I am so sorry that your photos were lifted without your permission! That really stinks!! Sending big hugs your way!

34. Chris K says:

Jerri: I am so sorry that someone stole your work. These designs are beautiful and stunning as always. Anyone who follows your blog knows your handiwork instantly. Your attention to detail is beyone compare. Thank you for sharing.

35. Jerri, as usual you have done outstanding work! Thank you for sharing. So sorry you have been pirated!

36. OMG Jerri! What a terrible thing to happen to you. Your work is so beautiful no wonder. I used to do a bit of Pergamano but nothing as gorgeous as yours. you have put a lot of work into these creations. Is there anything you can’t do??
    Hugs Maz

37. Oh Jerri, I’m so sorry about the theft….SO frustrating. How on earth did you find out? Absolutely horrible on their account!

But your work is stunning. So intricately detailed and beautiful. It’s obvious your heart goes into these beauties.

I hope this gets resolved!

I hope you sort out all your blog worries, not nice at all.

Wow, these are beautiful as usual. I love the grid work myself, I think it’s my favourite.
    You certainly are talented, love all your styles and creations.

39. emily says:

So sad that there are terrible people who would use an artist’s blog in such a despicable manner! I hope you can find out how to stop them!!!

I love all three of your beautiful creations! The candle card is so elegant and delicate! The little mouse card is so sweet and I love how you layered it. The book mark would be just tooo pretty to hide inside a book! They are all stunning!
    Thank-you for sharing! :o)

40. elaine says:

Jerri your work is always absolutely stunning.

buy-parchment-craft.com are quite simply ‘low life’. It’s a shame they’re not capable and talented enough to use their own skills.

Hope everything works out OK – I am a firm believer that justice does prevail at the end of the day.

Keep producing you beautiful work that we all love so much.

Hugs
    Elaine x

41. Janine says:

Absolutely amazing!!!

42. […] Pergamano — The Techniques Volume 6 […]

43. Janie Cordle says:

Where can I find a pergamano craft kit?
    Thanks

44. liannallama says:

lovely! I love your pattern work with the diamonds and triangles! Such pretty projects!

45. Bev A Mosley says:

New to your site, but looking forward to more from you. After 7 years “apprenticeship” with Pergamano I now am dabbling with grids. Frustrating the way there are no explanations to use the pattern as a layer on a cardboard card.
    Wht I men is no cutting out advice.