Mar 12 2011

Vintage Ancestry Trinket Purse

Good morning ladies, I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend. I’m away visiting my parents, it’s my mom’s birthday.

I’ve finished another vintage design using the Ancestry papers from K & Company. These papers are very romantic and so dreamy, I love them! I have a trinket purse to show you today. It’s so adorable and very easy to make. I used a Pergamano Template again, super easy! I traced the pattern onto the designer paper, folded the purse and sealed the handles with Perga Glue. It makes a perfect gift presentation for any occasion, especially a small piece of jewelry. (Shopping links are provided at the bottom of this post.)

I decorated the front side of the purse with a small Blossom Three flower, small Prima mini  gypso flowers and leaves cut from both Carnation Creations and Foliage dies. I traced all edges with a Krylon 18Kt. Gold pen.

The back side of the purse is just as adorable. The purse does have a handle, I used it as a base for the flowers. I sandwiched two small feathers in between the flowers placed on the front and the back of the purse’s handle. The purse measures about two-and-a-half inches square. Wouldn’t it be romantic to place an engagement ring inside the purse. Hmm .   .   .  I’ll have to remember that when the time comes for my guys to propose to their future wives.

I especially adore the little bow, it’s about the size of a quarter. I tinted about 30 inches of 1/16″ silk ribbon with the teal ink I used to darken the edges of the leaves and flowers. I tied knots every two inches, then using a needle and thread, I ran the thread through the silk between the knots for the full length of the ribbon, then pulled the thread, gathering the ribbon into loops. Once it was pulled tight, I backstitched through all thicknesses to knot off my thread. I adhered the tiny Prima flower in the center of the bow. I saw this technique done on a beautiful vintage piece at my friend, Anne’s, house last year. I had wanted to try it, but never got around to it until making this little purse. I love it and will be using this bow again in the future.

When decorating the purse, I draped the Foliage leaves over one corner. In this picture you can see the curled Carnation Creation leaves. To curl them, I pulled them over the blade of my scissors, as I would a piece of curly ribbon. A small teal mum is nestled amongst the leaves, as well as tiny Prima flowers and Baby’s Breath. I added Swarovski crystals (I believe packaged by Jolee’s) and brass filigree beads to the ribbon tails, so precious!

Tutorials and Tools  for making the flowers can be found at the bottom of this post.

Supplies used:

Dies: Blossoms ThreeFoliage, Carnation Creations, Parisian AccentsGrand Caliber (Spellbinders™)

Accessories: Trinket Purse Template, Embossing PadEmbossing ToolsKrylon 18Kt. Gold PenPerga Glue, Prima Mini Gypso Flowers, Pearls  (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique); Swarovski crystal beads, brass filigree beads (Michael’s)

PaperAncestry  Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink: Vintage Photo, Teal

Wishing you a blessed day with your family!

41 Responses to “Vintage Ancestry Trinket Purse”

Oh Jerri, that is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing the details on how you made it – especially the tiny bow! You are such an inspiration!

2. Sheila-Uk says:

I’m loving the teal colours Jerri and your trinket purse is sooooo beautiful…many thanks for the explanation of the pretty bow. You never cease to astonish me with your stunning creations.

Love Sheila xx

3. rosebudcotage says:

Wow, gorgeous.

4. Barbi says:

This is once again a beautiful creation, wow, the colors are so romantic. Thanks for sharing your creations with us!
    Wishing you a fantastic weekend
    Barbi

5. bonnie weiss says:

Looks like something you could send to the Royal Wedding as a gift!

The teal is a gorgeous color for this, Jerri! I love the way you have applied the leaves to fall over the side. Gorgeous!!!

7. Dottie Davis says:

These are adorable. The colors are just romantic and charming…gosh, if I had received anything in this little box my heart would have been smitten forever!!! Thanks for the tips on how to curl those leaves to drape nicely. Jerri, you are in a class of your own. Truly.

8. Janet Brown says:

Only one word to describe this project…..

BREATHLESS

9. Sally says:

gorgeous!

10. karen says:

Of all of the blogs I view on a daily basis, you are one of the top most talented ladies I’ve ever seen. Your creations always inspire me. This is so beautiful. I just love your work and I’m forever thankful to the person who lead me to your blog.

11. LindaMar says:

Jerri! You ARE a busy bee! This is SO pretty! Thanks for the thorough tutorial, can’t wait to give it a try as well.You truly are inspiring! I am amazed at your photography, too. Always set up in a beautiful backdrop.

12. You are my hero!!!! This is why I come here…..your beautiful details projects are such a inspiration to me…..and I simply love all you do…..
    Thank you so much for being the creative person and having a sharing heart…….you are blessed….and you bless us with your creations….

13. Angela says:

Oh that is SO beautiful! I have this paper woot woot! Never would have thought to use it to make such an elegant project though. I have to try this! Your flowers and leaves are gorgeous and coordinate beautifully! Thanks for always giving us so much inspiration Jerri! hugs, Angela

14. Anne says:

I want to get this DP as it is so vintage looking……your project tempts me to get so many
    things. I am totally broke!! OMG!! But it is so pretty!! You are awesome!!

15. Lilian says:

Olá Jerri,

Que talento extraordinário você tem!

Quanta delicadeza em tudo que faz!

Parabéns! Sou sua fã!

Convido a visitar meu blog: http://7dasartes.blogspot.com

Um lindo domingo e até breve!

Lilian
    from Brazil

How very beautiful! You always take my breath away with your designs. I have no idea how these ideas just pop into your head. One after another they just keep coming. WOWZA

Jerri, the colors in this project are so pretty. I love this little trinket box and all the details make it even more gorgeous, gf!

18. Phil Droney says:

Thats a beautiful piece – thanks for all the info must try and use the ribbon technique – it sounds great and not very difficult.

19. Marilyn says:

You take paper crafting to a whole new level! Your projects are just amazing. This is beautiful, love the colors, flowers, and embellishments. Anyone would be touched to get this as a gift.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful work and for inspiring me!!!

20. Carole RB says:

Hi Jerri

So cute

Have a nice sunday!

21. Patty says:

Jerri, I really enjoy your blog and projects. I admire your work immensely and appreciate your sharing. Thanks a bunch!!!

Breathtaking! This is absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us.

23. Carolen says:

Ditto to the sentiments above. Definitely breathtaking!

24. Mrs. Ham says:

OMG Jerri this is another wonderful creation. I love it. So beautiful. I love all the wonderful details that were added. Good Lord ladie is there anything you can’t create with paper :)? I’ll be waiting patiently for your next wonderful creations.

25. Adorable! Enjoy your visit with your mom!

26. Oh this is so gorgeous Jerri!
    I love the colors and the texture that it has,and of course I love the feathers!
    I hope you are having a wonderful time with your Mom! Happy Birthday to her!!
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

27. Barbara R. says:

Absolutely gorgeous Jerri – and so innovative. You do such lovely work and always let us know exactly how you did it. Beautiful job!!

28. Karla says:

you are amazing!! you make the must beautiful vintage items!!

29. Lynne says:

Happy Birthday to your Mum.
    Your purse is just beautiful, love everything about it and thanks for sharing.

30. Absolutely stunning, Jerri! I hope you are well, sweet friend! 🙂

31. Jaline says:

It is gorgeous, you are so talented.

32. Sue K (Australia) says:

O…………….. M……………… this is amazing Jerri – just gorgeous. Just so – “I can’t believe it’s paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!” – ya know – like the ad!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous job Jerri.

33. Susie says:

Jerri, your creations become more stunning each time you post! I agree with you. These little purses would make a beautiful presentation for an engagement ring *smiling* What lucky future daughter-in-laws to be able to mentored by such a talented and gifted artist.

Question: where do you find your feathers? I have looked at local craft stores such as Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby but have never seen the quality of feathers you are using. Thank you again for sharing your work and for giving us the great tutorials.

34. velta says:

How gorgeous Jerri!!! What a great idea about the engagement ring!!! Oh I still think you should have a curio filled with your beautiful creations in your foyer so that everyone can see them!!! I see that you have added more goodies to your store! I must find the time to browse…I still have a place in my craft room where I have used your embossing tools to make a flower, which I DID make, but I have to practice more…I even used your “tinta green” ink and your Soft Rose stamp pad on the flower…and it really does resemble your flower…maybe I can find time this weekend to work on it again. I have been giving my weekends up to my DD and SIL so they can have some “space” and get out by themselves. Of course that is fun for me as well…cause you know what I get to do when they are gone…Take care my friend and keep up your glorious inspiration!!

Oh my, what a beautiful idea to tuck an engagement ring inside this purse. Someday your sons will be turning to you for ideas, so don’t forget this one. Another stunning job. TFS.

36. Cindy Lou says:

Those ancestry papers are gorgeous and you have accented them quite well. Really do love the little frilly bow, cute idea, a modern way of doing the french knot I suppose. Love your color choices as well, very elegant 😉 Thanks for sharing.

37. Deb Saaranen says:

So intricate and beautiful! love both the trinket box and trinket purse!

38. another absolutely Gorgeous creation, just love the beading with the ribbon, your embellishing is always just beautiful!!

39. Nancy Williams says:

Wow – this is so pretty – makes me want to go make some more stuff despite the late hour! You are really talented!

40. Anne Ryan says:

Jerri, your work is incredible. Each of your projects seem like they are crafted right from the center of your heart. you are, without doubt, a wonderfuly blessed artist. Hugs, Anne

41. Paula Gale says: