Mar 14 2011

Ancestry Note Cards

Today I have sweet little vintage note cards to share with you using the Ancestry papers from K & Company. The cards are soft and pretty, perfect to give as a “thinking of you” note card to a friend who may be going through a rough time; or maybe a “thank you” note card for someone who’s done something especially thoughtful for you; or perhaps you have a gift to give to someone special and you really want to dress up the gift package or gift bag. There are so many possibilities. The cards are small, measuring three-by-four inches. The Parisian Accents border on the top and right side of the card adds a bit of flair. I placed a butterfly from the Fanciful Flight dies to cover the seam where the borders adjoin.

On the inside of the card I stamped a sentiment and border from JustRite’s Beautiful Day Borders and Centers with Vintage Photo distress ink. Isn’t it perfect how well the accents in the border match the flourishes in the paper!

I used Spellbinders™ Blossom Three dies to make the mums and Spellbinders™ Foliage and Carnation Creations dies for the leaves. The small cream flowers are Prima Mini Gypso flowers.

I made a total of six note cards, a couple have already made their way out the door. I used wrinkle ribbon for the bows, three were dyed with Teal and Tea Dye Distress ink, the other three were tinted with Vintage Photo and Tea Dye Distress inks. Gold pearls were attached to the butterflies. As with the rest of the designs in this series, a Krylon 18Kt. Gold pen was used to accent all edges in gold. A few feathers were tucked in, as well as baby’s breath.

Tutorials and Tools  for making the flowers can be found at the bottom of this post.

Supplies used:

Dies: Blossoms ThreeFoliage, Carnation Creations, Parisian Accents; Fanciful Flight, Grand Caliber,  (Spellbinders™)

Accessories: Trinket Purse Template, Embossing PadEmbossing ToolsKrylon 18Kt. Gold PenPerga Glue, Prima Mini Gypso Flowers, Pearls  (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique); Swarovski crystal beads, brass filigree beads (Michael’s)

PaperAncestry (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Stamps:  Beautiful Day Borders & Centers (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Ribbon:  Wrinkle Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Ink: Vintage Photo, Teal

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I wish you a wonderful day!

35 Responses to “Ancestry Note Cards”

1. So gorgeous, Jerri! I love the colors in this paper. A teal or verdigri. Your touches of gold are just perfect with it, and your flowers are awesome, as always. I’d be curious to know how you present these cards with the big flowers. I could see them on packages. That would be fabulous. Or maybe tucked into a little gift basket among soaps, lotions or chocolates. Just wondering how you use them. Do tell, please!

2. Anne says:

Your cards always make me feel so happy and an urge in my heart to make pretty cards like yours! But I can never do as pretty as yours…..esp. the flowers……….I know!! 🙁

3. Glenda says:

There is something about the flowers you make that just speaks to me! These are always so gorgeous! Your cards always have an elegant feel to them which is something I strive for. You are always an inspiration to me…don’t ever stop creating!

4. Sheila-Uk says:

Oh my, oh my, oh my! What can I say that hasn’t already been said! Everything you do is so exquisite!! Oh and the teal colour just looks so stunning edged with the cold. Please could I have a wee bit of your talent Jerri? Lol!

Love Sheila xx

5. Edie says:

What a beautiful card. Love the teal color and the Krylon gold outlined edges.

6. Susan says:

Once again what wonderful cards. They are absolutely stunning.. Done know how you think up all these lovely designs.

Sue

What a wonderful gift this card would be to give. I would frame it in a shadow box and hang it for viewing.

8. What beautiful little cards so very elegant. Thank you for sharing your talent is truely amazing and such an inspiration.

9. Heather Peel says:

Hi Jerri. youve made my day . AGAIN. looking through my emails this morning .then seeing a Touch of Grace . Always puts a smile on my face. And wow . I love these little beauties .they are wonderful. Wish the new dies would hurry up and get to us in uk . the little tiny touches of gold on the edges ,the leaves made with the same paer added as well . love these .turq .teal flowers very very much .have to try make some .i would frame these and keep forever . And just look at them and feel happy to see them there.Amazing,wonderful beautiful creations of art.thank you so much for showing them . hugs Heather

10. velta says:

How beautiful Jerri! You have been quite the busy girl lately with sooo many creations…Love the flower of course and the feather and the butterfly and the bow…of course this is “box” worthy and I can only imagine what a beautiful box you would make for such lovely note cards! Again, Thank you for sharing 🙂

11. Phil Droney says:

Wow how beautiful love all your work

Jerri, I am not really a lover of vintage, but your cards is so beautiful, it just might make me a convert…LOL! Your talent never ceases to amaze me. I do not know how you can keep getting better, but you do. This would be so lovely framed in a shadow box along w/other vintage keepsakes. Love, love your design!

13. Rebekka says:

Jerri, everything you do is awesome! This is gorgeous, those flowers are stunning.

14. OMGosh!!!!! How exquisite!!!! I love it ….I’m just blown away as always when I come here….maybe one day when I grow up….I want to be just like you……
    Thank you again for always sharing us with you creations……they make my day….

15. Holly says:

These are just incredible! I love the color palette and the flowers with the feather is gorgeous!

16. wow! Just beautiful and really love the colors.

17. Ursula Uphof says:

Such beautiful little cards, truly for a special someone. I am so inspired, by your work, but at the moment am fighting against time. But save them all for later. Thank you Jerri, for sharing.

18. ann says:

Girlfriend you just keep out doing yourself. Another wonderful one!!

19. Carol Parks says:

Wow Jerri, your note cards are gorgeous!!!! I’ve been wanting to create a set of note
    cards myself, so your cards have inspired me to start working on mine.

These are gorgeous Jerri! The gold trim adds such a regal flair to them too.

21. Dottie Davis says:

Teal, teal, teal. My all time favorite color and all shades of it! This paper is gorgeous and so workable for the vintage cards. Your flowers are as gorgeous as ever. I love all the detail. You are the best at what you do!

22. Mary Gutierrez says:

Absolutely gorgeous I love the teal color. Your flowers are beautiful….so much detail I don’t want to miss a thing when I’m looking at your work. So inspiring…awwwww.

23. Susie says:

I’m smitten with these tiny treasures decorated with (((the))) most beautiful paper flowers I’ve ever seen! I believe everyone feels the same too. But… do you know what I really like about these little sweeties? I love how you have finished the inside of the card. Not just one side — but both – a second gift for us to view!!

24. Lynne says:

Gorgeous flowers and just love the colour, the gold edges show up so well. Your creations are truly an inspiration.

25. bethann d says:

swooning here, my fav colors, love that flower. i’ve tried my hand at these flowers, gotta say you make it look so easy. but i will contimue to work at it. do lyou use any special cs???? i know enough not to use Bazill but don’t know the brands of my other cs but it won’t seperate for the life of me.

26. Shawna Pederson says:

So very gorgeous! I don’t have the words to describe how your cards make my creative juices spark. Thank your for sharing the beauty you create with the world!

27. Carol Froehlich says:

Your cards are total masterpieces!!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing.

28. Beautiful card, gorgeous flowers! Love it!

Gr. Corine

29. emily says:

These are so special and artistic! I love your work and all the extra details you use. Each one is a gift in itself! Thank you for sharing! 🙂

30. Oh I love these dusty floral beauties!! Gorgeous work as always, Jerri.

31. […] included are six coordinating gift tags, one to give with each Notecard. They were easy to make. I cut six floral tags and six teal tags using a die from the Parisian […]

Such a stunning set of cards, Jerri!! I love your flowers and pretty feather!!

33. Just Beautiful, love that look of scroll work around the edges!

34. Jenny Gropp says:

Stunning detail work, as always! loving the color combo!!!

35. Paula Gale says:

Jerri

This is stunning -i’ve been showing my mum and she’s also extremely impressed with all your work. Quite rightly so.

Paula (UK) x x x