Apr 04 2011

Parchment Mother’s Day Card

It’s been a while since I’ve made a parchment card and I found this past weekend I had some time to relax and play. This gorgeous pattern from Anneke Oostmeijer called to me. I’ve been wanting to make it for ages and ages and I’m so glad I finally did. While looking difficult, it’s one of the least complicated patterns I’ve done. It was very relaxing to sit in my studio and listen to the sweet music of the birds’ songs while working with the parchment.

This card will be a beautiful Mother’s Day card for my mom this year. I know she’ll be surprised and thrilled, she adores parchment craft and all shades of purples and lavenders are her favorite colors, so this card fits the bill!

The Purple Marguerites were traced with a mapping pen and Tinta Black ink. The flowers were painted with Perga Colors Exclusive markers using a Pergamano Round No. 2 brush. I embossed using both small and large ball embossing tools on the back side of the parchment paper giving white highlights and raised texture to the flowers and stems. Smooth embossing is enhanced with Perga Soft.

I traced the large fan designs with Tinta White ink and traced all other lines (flourishes and scallops) with Tinta Gold ink. I used both the small and large ball embossing tools on the fans, scallops and flourishes. Using the Fine Mesh Grid and the Arrow perforating tool, I made the small perforations in the fans’ centers.

I slipped a large piece of hydrangea purple fantasy parchment paper inside the card and used the Two Needle perforating tool to perforate around the outer edges of the scallops. I then cut the perforations with Pergamano parchment scissors, giving the design a delicate lacey edge.

The soft luminosity of parchment is quite unlike any paper I’ve used. The sheer delicate beauty speaks to me and is what attracted me to parchment craft.  Help me, Lord, to see  your beauty all around me.  May my gratitude spill over from a cup full of thanks to you.  –Women’s Devotional Bible — NIV.

When placed on the table, the white embossing is deeply enhanced. I used a feathering technique for the embossed fans that I especially love.

If you’re interested in parchment craft, I’ve provided links to information and tutorials below.

Parchment Craft Information and Tutorials:

Pergamano — Getting Started With Parchment Craft  — The Techniques – Volumes 1, 2 and 3

Pergamano — Playing With Techniques

Pergamano — The Techniques – Volume 4

Pergamano — The Techniques Volume 5

Pergamano — The Techniques Volume 6

Supplies Used:

Parchment Paper

Tinta Ink:  Black, White, Gold

Perga Colors Exclusive Markers

Round No. 2 Pergamano Brush

Embossing Tools:  Small BallLarge Ball

Perforating Tools:  2-Needle, Arrow

Easy Grid Fine Mesh

Mats:  Embossing Pad, Cutting Pad, Perforating Pad (for grid)

Parchment Scissors

Removable Tape

Magnetic Design Board

White Pencil

Perga Soft

Fan Sponge

Perforating Ruler

Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visit and am thrilled you shared a portion of your day with me.

Paper Hugs!!!!!!

103 Responses to “Parchment Mother’s Day Card”

1. This takes my breath away.. I’m speechless.

Jerri, this is a fabulous card. Your parchment work is gorgeous! Your mom will treasure this card.

3. Rebekka says:

This is awesome!!

4. Maryann says:

What a masterpiece, you´ve made here Jerri, it´s really awesome. I´ve been doing parchment craft for many many years, but unfortunately I´ve got a cataract, so I´mhaving a really ahrd time seing all these tiny details and thin lines these days, so it´s been a while now, since I´ve done anything of this, but I sure hope, I´ll be able to again, when I hopefully sometimes can get this problem fixed, and will be able to see it again. Yours is just gorgeous work, and I love your colorchoise here. I´ve made this one too a few times, but never in purple, but it´s really beautiful too. Love it.

Your parchment work is beautiful and this is simply stunning and I love that pattern. I think it’s a must do for me too.

6. Phil Droney says:

awesome – what a super card

7. Sarah says:

This is beautiful. Your work is always breathtaking.

8. Marion says:

As lovely as ever Jerri. I made this card when Anneke’s book was first published. She was always my favourite parchment crafting designer. I had the pleasure of meeting Anneke and telling her how much I loved her work when she visited an exhibition staged by Pergamano in Bristol two years ago. The exhibition will be back this year. Hope Anneke makes it too!!

Marion

9. Susan says:

This card is just stunning, and so rightly a special card for an extra special Mam…Jerri I bet your Mam with be over the moon with this one TFS

best wishes from Susan downunder

10. Sheila-UK says:

Elegant! Exquisite! Stunning!!!!! Words really cannot describe this ‘out of this world’ work of art. Dear Jerri is there no end to your fabulous talent…I really am overawed by it and thank you so much for sharing it with us. I feel so privileged to be able to see it.
    It was Mother’s Day here on Sunday and oh to have received a card like that! Although my one of my Dear Daughter was pretty special albeit a bought one.

Love Sheila xx

11. I’m so pleased to see you parching again, Jerri!! I have made this design as well and it’s one of my favorites. Whether you are doing parchment craft or your other paper crafts, your work is always absolutely STUNNING. Thanks for beginning my day and my first cuppa with this beauty :))

Vickie

12. Kaye McGrath says:

Absolutely stunning Jerri. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project.

13. Anne says:

Hi Gerri, you never fail us by sharing your beautiful work…..and you never want to stop us from wow-ing your pretty and elegant projects! It is truly a piece of art….I am still learning how to do the parchment work…..trying some cheap tracing papers before I touch the parchment paper!! I am starting to know the tricks now after one out of line tracing…. so patience & a lot of patience for the tracing part!!! How I admire your skill!!!

14. Karen Wallace says:

I’m speechless, this is one of the most beautiful parchment pieces I’ve ever seen. Just gorgeous and what a keepsake.

15. Barbi says:

Your work is so beautiful! You inspire me and get my creativity moving! I am a beginning beginner in parchment but I love it, so relaxing. I am always truly amazed at your creations.
    Thanks for sharing, Happy spring!

16. Angela says:

Oh how beautiful this is! So dainty and elegant! I do love this pattern! I just purchased the beginners kit from you, Jerri, so I hope I can learn this techique too. I’m trying to see how you made the shape of your card. I assume you just used some scissors and followed the pattern and that created the shape of the card, right? Also, did you adhere the parchment to the lavender paper on the inside of the card?

Really beautiful work!! Love it! hugs, Angela

17. Donna D says:

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful, so elegant. Thanks, Jerri for creating such works of art and more importantly, sharing them with us. I’m new to card making, only been doing it for a few months and I am hooked. I attend a class every week to learn techniques and we did a class a couple weeks ago on parchment and I really liked the technique. You have really inspired me to try to create this design. I can see this as a ‘must have’ purchase to acquire very soon! Love your work. Thanks again for sharing your creativity with us!

I am blown away by each and every post, Jerri! this is stunning!

19. Robbie says:

I say at every post how this is the best (and I mean it) but you always seem to make me gasp wtih your beautiful projects! They are amazing and your work is beyond great!!

20. Stephanie says:

Jerri,
    Your work is absolutely amazing. So beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

21. What a treasure this gorgeous card is. Your beautiful work takes my breath away this card is stunning and your Mother is going to treasure this beauty! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent.

22. Peggy Allen says:

Absolutely beautiful! Wow! Love it.
    God bless,
    PeggyS

23. Linda E says:

Gorgeous !!!! Jerri, what a wonderful Mother’s Day card. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent.

24. bonnie weiss says:

Wowzers … what a beauty! Your Mother must feel so special when she receives your stunning works of art. The entire card is amazing with all of it’s intricate details but what blows me away the most is all of the fine gold details … you must have the most steady hand in all of Florida!

25. Charlene Dahlberg says:

This is the most beautiful work of art. I look forward every day to seeing what wonderful creation you have made and this morning, I just gasped. You are so talented and I appreciate you sharing this with all of us. I have admired parchment art before but this example makes me want to try it. This work is just stunning!!!

26. cepet says:

Stunning work, Jerri. Your mom will be thrilled to receive this. I haven’t done much with my parchment lately, and I’m really missing it. But, I know I will get back to it soon.

27. Teri says:

Breathtakingly beautiful! AWESOME card!!!

Breathtaking Jerri, your Mother will truly cherish this card. I am always astounded to see the beauty in your parchment crafts, truly a gift. Thanks for sharing.

Oh my – this is drop dead beautiful! there are just no words.

30. LindaMar says:

Simply stunning! Thanks for sharing the details and how-to links. I just received my new embossing tools from your site. I can’t wait to try another pergamano piece. You are truly an inspiration.

Jerri, this is absolutely stunning. I love the colors and everything about it.
    I know your Mother will love it!!

32. Barb(GrandmaUpNorth) says:

This card is drop dead gorgeous. Absolutely stunning!!!

33. Bev J. says:

Oh my, one of the prettiest things I have seen. Your work is just exquisite-must take time and patience. Wonderful job.

34. lisa808 says:

Wow! This is a beautiful, stunning, & magnificent card. A gorgeous work of art! btw, purple is my favorite color too.

35. Heather says:

Jerri – there are really no words to describe the beauty of this stunning card. Your mum will be in tears when she opens it (I certainly would be!!) If only I were younger I would be inspired to delve into this craft – it must be very satisfying to produce such a work of art. tfs.
    Hugs
    Heather
    x

36. This is exquisite craftsmanship work…. and a very steady hand…..I wish you would do a video on how you do this…..I’m a visual person…..truly magnificent!!!!!!!!!!

37. Carolyn says:

Oh my goodness! That is gorgeous. It looks like sheer fabric.

38. Rose Mary Martin says:

Totally breathtaking! I wish I were your mom! I just love all you work, but this has blown me away.

39. Barbara L says:

Jerri,

I am completely blown away by this. It’s so pretty, it almost makes me want to cry. Sorry, but I’m totally out of superlatives to describe your work. Suffice it to say that it is beauty beyond belief. Thanks for bringing such joy to my morning.

40. Carol R says:

How Exquisite this is! Your work on this is so detailed and beautiful and shows the love you have in doing it. Your mother will definitely cherish this.

41. Selma says:

Another gorgeous piece of art Jerri. I love the elegance. This will be a piece your mom will treasure for sure.

42. Ilene says:

Oh Jerri – – you took my breath away today!! Would I ever be thrilled getting a card like that for Mother’s Day!! It is totally a gift in itself. You never cease to amaze me and I have said before, God has, indeed, given you a great gift. I am so priviledged to be able to have a share in enjoying your creations.

43. bethann d says:

stunning, i have been entralled w parchment craft since i first saw it but frankly i’m intimidated. i want to spend time reading your tutorials and then make a stab at it. thanks for all the inspiration

44. Gorgeous, Jerri! I’ve always loved the look of parchment craft and this is amazing!

45. This card absolutely takes my breath away! What beautful work!

46. wendy says:

WOW Jerri this is amazing! every piece of your art work that i see is fantastic, you give us all so much inspiration to try and do more
    Wendyx

47. velta says:

Stunning Elegance!!! Your mom will absolutely swoon over this card Jerri! The fanning is such a beautiful touch the scallops must have taken you forever to perfect! The flowers amazingly colored, as always. Thank you for sharing this beautiful craft…I do not know of any other blog where this Parchment craft is done so well! Have a great week 🙂

48. Angel Hawks says:

That is truly amazing! Your mom will be so impressed!

49. Mrs. Ham says:

What an exquiste piece of work. Gorgeous. I love all the details in the card. You mother is going to absolutely love it. Stunning

50. Cherie says:

Jerri, This is so stunningly beautiful it brought tears to my eyes! You continually outdo yourself with your magnificent talent! TFS!

51. jean wilson says:

Oh Jerri! This is so stunning! I purchased the Fiskar’s kit to do this and sorry to say have not attempted doing anything with it yet! Thanks for all you share and that verse at the end is so important for us to hear…look for all the blessings and grace in the moment! Thanks again!

Jerri, again, I had to scroll down for several minutes to make my comment today! You are getting so popular, gf!

This MOther’s Day card is awesome and I know your mother is going to love this card w/all the beautiful details you put into it. It is simply breath-taking!

53. Betty B says:

This is the most beautiful card I’ve ever seen. Seriously, it takes my breath away. You are so very talented and all your creations are gorgeous. But this card is absolutely… stunning, beathtaking, amazing…

54. Pat Jandacek says:

Way beyond most beautiful!! Sure wish you and your artistic ability could be cloned – but when would anyone want the cloning to stop? The ‘problem’ with parchment artwork is there are so many ways to ruin it …yours is perfect! TFS

55. Carolyn S says:

Stunning and elegant; your mom will feel loved and thrilled to receive this card, Jerri. You do beautiful parchment art.

56. Mary Gutierrez says:

Absolutely beautiful, stunning card. Your work is exquisitely neat. And of course your mother will cherish this beautiful card forever.

Very pretty Jerri. I just love your parchment crafts creations! I wish I were a fly on the wall and watch over your shoulder as you create them. TFS
    Hugs,Jessica

58. Marian Berggren says:

Oh my goodness! Your card is soooo beautiful!!! I love your work and this is just another example of how great and appreciated you are!! I have never tried parchment. I bought a sampler package but have not had the courage to try it yet. I agree with another writer – maybe some day you could do a tutorial for us on a simple design. You always include the little details and that’s important for some of us!
    I would love to be your mother and I’m sure your mother will LOVE this card.
    Have a great day! I know I will with your inspiration.

59. Deb Saaranen says:

Simply exquisite Jerri…your mother will treasure it!

60. Debby Walker says:

Miss Jerri, your mother will be thrilled to receive this masterpiece. I love pergamano and you have truly owned the technique…this is extraordinary. WOW! Besides sweetie, you used my favorite color pallette, so you had me hooked there, lol. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Hugs to you.

61. Betty says:

so beautiful your Mam and I have the love of parchment and colour choice I am sure she loved it .

62. Your card is another masterpiece. I love the soft swirls and curls of the design and the colour is so delicate. I am sure your mother will feel the care and love that went into it when she receives it.
    Your gold inking is so fine and neat. You must have a very steady hand. When working with parchment, you can’t rush or push it since it just won’t tolerate it. It makes you slow down and take your time with it so it has to be more relaxing than some other papers. And listening to the birds singing while doing it is like enjoying some of the earth’s own hymns. Perfect!
    Thanks for sharing! 🙂

63. Janet Castle says:

WOW…have been waiting to see another of your exquisite parchment creations! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much for sharing it…..Breathtakingly beautiful Jerri!
    Jan Castle

64. Cathy Hughes says:

Absolutely stunning! What book was the pattern in…this is so gorgeous?

Cathy

65. maria says:

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!♥ I like it a lot

66. WOW, WOW, WOW!
    You have way too much time on your hands.. LOL This is so beautiful..Where do you come up with all these gorgeous ideas???? Love this card.. Hugs, Dottie

67. Jerri, I had never seen a parchment card before and I can hardly wait to take a look at the sites and their tutorials. What a beautiful craft… it is totally STUNNING!!! and your work on it is AMAZING!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!

e

68. Carole RB says:

Wow Jerri
    Amazing card.
    Have a nice week!

69. Regina N says:

I truly love crafting in parchment and you do a wonderful job at making this crat come to life. TFS

70. Barbara Taylor says:

WOW the card and colors are Breathtaking. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. You out do yourself every time you design a card.

71. Chinnu says:

So, so beautiful.

72. Cindy Lou says:

Beautiful Jerri, I have missed your parchment work of late, not to complain as I enjoy everything else as well, but it was your lvoe for parchment that orginally drew me to following you. Parchment work does indeed instill peace in the soul, and quietness to the mind. Blessings my dear friend and have a great week!

73. Bette S says:

I love your card. Well, everything you put your hand to, turns out “simple Marvelous”! I love the looks, but have never tried parchment paper crafting. Beautiful! Hopefully, some day, I can work up the courage to try. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Your Mom will love this card. Me, I’d start crying, it’s so beautiful!

74. Oh my goodness, what you do with parchment is just amazing and this is so stunning, and what gorgeous coloring you did on those flowers, what a treat for your mother, I can see her framing this for sure 🙂 Gorgeous work you do!
    I finally finished my daughters card box if you want to take a look 🙂

75. alex says:

Beautiful ido some pergamano too but not as beautiful!!!! maybe you can make some videos and tutorials. Thanks for sharing

76. Truly wonderful, I’ve seen the work that goes into parchment design, and decided I’d just enjoy them when someone else does them. Your mother will be so thankful. Very inspiring.

77. Sue K (Australia) says:

all i can say is WHAT A VERY LUCKY MUM!!!!

78. Debbie B says:

This is beautiful!!! I’ve never tried using parchment paper but this makes me want to try. I will have to go to the links you supplied to learn how. Thanks for sharing!!

79. DebraK says:

Oh my!!! I am in awe! So how long did it take you to do this card? And for a beginner, how much longer would it take? I’m going to have to read the tuts you listed above–thanks for posting them. I’m curious to know what you do on the inside–is it all made of parchment or is there cardstock there somewhere? OUTSTANDING job, Jerri.

80. Rufus says:

Jerri, this is absolutely gorgeous, totally elegant. It’s been awhile since you’ve shown any of your parchment craft cards. I’ve never tried it, but you’re cards tempt me! Your Mom is going to be thrilled!!
    R/

81. Sylvia Johnson says:

Wow Jerri this is unbelievable! Stunning and oh so elegant. God has blessed you with such a beautiful talent.

82. lynn legge says:

this is such a gorgeous card.. lavender is my favorite also..
    what a great mothers day gift this will be. im sure she will love it..
    great job 🙂
    lynn

83. Wow. I mean seriously, wow.
    My jaw almost hit the floor when I saw this. I don’t even know where to begin. Everything is just so perfectly placed and impeccably done; I am in awe.

84. Stunning, Jerri, and so interesting to read the products used to create this. Very specialized and with incredible results. Love your coloring of the flowers. Your Mom will be thrilled with this!

85. As always, this is sooo beautiful. God has blessed.

86. WOW WOW WOWWWWWWW, so absolutely STUNNING!

87. earline says:

what a work of art thanks for all u do.

88. Jaline says:

I love Pergamano and have all the supplies and books. It’s the first time I see Pergamano on a blog about cards. It’s wonderful. I have to tell you that your work is beautiful and thank you for the inspiration. It’s time to take my tools out of the drawer. Congratulation.

89. Sherian Dixon says:

A masterpiece!

90. Jenny Gropp says:

Your parchment work is the best I have ever seen. It is inspiring and your attention to the tiniest details blows me away. Just Beautiful.

91. I am just stunned by this card Jerri. Your parchment work is amazing…and the coloring on your flowers is the icing on the cake! Such beautiful work, it’s an absolute delight to see it!

92. Martha Nicholson says:

Jerri, This is the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. I can’t wait to by these books so I can learn. You are a true artist. I should be so lucky to create like you.

93. Sandy says:

Oh my! Jerri this is beautiful. The vibrant color of the stamped flower is breath taking.

94. Tosh says:

Stunning doesn’t even begin to describe this work of art Jerri!! The colors are superb, as is every intricate detail!! *sigh*….true beauty!!

95. Sammie says:

Wow, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Your work is stunning, everything you make is just beautiful. You are truly an incredible artist. I know that your Mom will be thrilled to get that gorgeous card.

96. Kay Patterson says:

As always your work is beautiful. Your details intricate. I find I don’t have your patience as I’ve tried to do some of your projects but your instructions are fabulous.

97. Darlene Castor says:

I was trying to think of words to say and everyone has taken all of the good ones! This is the most beautiful card ever!!
    It is breath taking…awesome…unbelievable…stunning…..your Mother is going to love it!
    I am going to have to watch the tutorials, I would really love to do something like this. I’m sure I’d never be able to do this well, but I’d be happy with half as good!
    Great job!!!
    Thanks for sharing

98. Connie K says:

Jerri,

Very fancy! You are a pro! Thanks for sharing your blog.

99. […] would your mom like to have one of these sweet little note cards attached to her gift? This is the card that I’m giving my […]

Oh Jerri, this is absolutly lovely! I do love your parchment craft creations. I still haven’t been able to buy any of the supplies. Every time I try to start, there is always something else I need. (Like clothes…you know the necessities.) So I have to start saving again. Thanks for all the inspiration.
    Hugs, Jess

101. Trish Verner says:

I am totally in awe of your parchment work- it is so beautiful and perfect. Your mum will be delighted to receive this on Mother’s day.. I know I would!
    Trish

102. Susie says:

Jerri,
    This is so beautiful. Simply and utterly beautiful. The time, talent, and love put into this piece shows through like a brilliant diamond. This will be a keepsake for her and for you in years to come.

Her children arise and call her blessed – Proverbs 31:28