Apr 19 2011

Small Blessings Bring Great Joy

I’ve been playing with my Grand Nestibilities from Spellbinders™Using the Grand Labels Four set, I made this Spring card to place in my stash. With JustRite’s sentiment from The Greatest Joy stamp set, it’s a perfect card to give to a friend to let them know how special they are to you. I love the curves on these dies, they make for elegant cards. I used the largest die for this design.

The card is so pretty and the shape is very unique, I love it! It reminds me of a Spring garden. I added a lattice border to give it that “garden” feel. The Carnation Creations dies were fun to play with, I see so many possibilities with them.

I think you all know how much I love dimension  .   .   .  I used Joy!Craft foam tabs between the layers of the Labels 18 dies and under the lattice border. The tabs are small and easy to place in small areas without being seen. I used a stamp from JustRite’s Fancy Labels cling stamps to stamp the pretty floral image on the die cut. And, of course, a touch of gold. My designs feel naked without my 18Kt. Krylon Gold Leaf pen.

Sweet little butterflies are ever present, especially in the Spring. The Fancy Crafts Twin Punch is always present on my work table. I used a Quickie Glue Pen to apply adhesive on the butterflies. Before the glue dried, I dipped them in glitter. A vintage bow of wrinkle ribbon is always welcome on my cards. I dyed the ribbon with Dusty Concord distress ink and a touch of Vintage Photo to age it. I added crocheted lace to the lattice border. A bit of ribbon was woven through the lace and pearls were adhered. I used Perga Glue to adhere the pearls. I tell you that glue is like cement! I tried to remove a pearl after the adhesive dried and it was a “no go”. I won’t have to worry about them coming off!

Feathers are a whimsical touch that I love to add to my designs. I attached a small feather to the small carnation and larger feathers to the large carnation. To get the worn look on the leaves I sponged Always Artichoke ink on them, scrunched them into tight balls, flattened them out and sanded them with a fingernail file (the ones used for acrylic nails). I then embossed them with a 6mm embossing tool on an embossing mat to give them shape/form. I tucked in a bit of baby’s breath and the design was finished.

Supplies Used:

Paper:  K & Company Cottage Garden, Purple, Lavender, Dark Olive

Stamps:  Just Right Fancy Labels (temporarily out of stock), Just Right The Greatest Joy (available at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Ink:  Dusty Concord Distress Ink, Always Artichoke

Ribbon: Crochet Lace, Wrinkle Ribbon, Bow Easy (The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

DiesGrand Calibur, Labels 18, Nested Leaves, Grand Labels Four, Lattice Borderabililties Petite, Carnation Creations (available at Spellbinders Paper Arts)

Accessories:  Pearls, Sponge, Glitter, Feathers, Fern Punch, Craft Knife, Baby’s Breath, Fancy Crafts Twin Punch, Joy! Crafts foam tabs, Perga Glue18Kt. Krylon PenEmbossing Tools, Embossing Mat, Quickie Glue Pen, Scotch Removable Tape (available at A Touch of Grace-Paper Boutique

Thank you so much for stopping in to visit,

49 Responses to “Small Blessings Bring Great Joy”

1. Maryann says:

Oh my goodness Jerri, this is soo beautiful. I just love the romance, you´ve build into this card, it is sooooo wonderful. And these tiny butterflies are just the dot to the I here. They just looks sooo gorgeous onthere, and the idea with the feather is pretty cool. I admit, I never thought of that except when I´ve made specially Eastercards, but ofcause they looks awesome on any card. Funny how we sometimes get abit stucked in certain ideas, and don´t even think of them differently?
    This is really gorgeous, and all of it. Your work is fantastic and I know, there´ll be one really happy person, when they recieve this beauty here.
    Have a wonderful E<aster ahead hun and loads of fun.

What rich, gorgeous colors! This is another treasure you’ve created here, Jerri. There is such an elegance to your work. You are an inspiration!!

3. michelle f. says:

this is really a gorgeous card. i love all the details you have layered on here. it keeps the eye moving all over the card.

4. This is stunning Jerri. as usual. Girl how do you come up with these ideas. The colors are beautiful. I always love all the little wonderful details you add to your projects. I will be waiting patiently on your next master piece. Have a wonder Easter.

5. Sue K (Australia) says:

Jerri – this is ABSOLUTELY BLOOMIN GORGEOUS – it really is!!!!!! Purple (my fave colour since i was a child) and it is just so feminine and springy and – just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Barbi says:

I love this card, wow, once again you amaze me. Beautiful card! You are an inspiration, thanks so much for sharing. Your work is brilliant and I enjoy seeing your new creations with my morning coffee!
    Cheers from Dartmouth NS
    Barbi

7. Marion says:

Only a magician could conjure up such luscious perfection EVERY time Jerri. Tell me, is that your secret??!!

Yumminess personified!

Marion
    UK

8. Donna G says:

Absolutely beautiful, as always, Jerri! Your attention to detail makes each of your cards a masterpiece. You are such an inspiration!
    Donna G

9. Glenda says:

I have been thinking about doing a card like this using my Grand Labels 1. Of course mine won’t be so beautiful as yours! This is gorgeous as always. So much attention to detail!

Every element and detail is gorgeous, Jerri!

Beautiful Jerri. I love the colors and every detail you used!

12. Becky Jo says:

Beautiful and then some! Your attention to detail makes every project you do so special. TFS Hugs!!

13. Anne says:

Simply stunning – the colors are very well co-ordinated – really A Touch of Grace!!

14. Barbara T says:

I love this. The colors are so rich . It is so elegant! ps…. my leave dies finally came (Tee Hee)

How pretty! Love the shape and the lace with the ribbon and pearls is soooo pretty.

16. Cindy says:

Beautiful card, you’re always such an inspiration to me! Cindy

17. Dottie says:

Cindy is right. This card is an inspiration to use the beautiful color of purple. The shape of the Die is just so attractive and lovely especially with the gold edging. Jerri, the cards might be eye candy, they might be inspirational, but they are mostly just plain gorgeous and the person who receives one of them will be absolutely sure they are special in some way.

18. Barbara L says:

I love the shape of this card, Jerri. It’s as you said – elegant, and so different. It just draws the eye into the art, inviting it to explore all of the elements and then see them as a cohesive whole. Love the colors, too. Thanks.

19. Rebekka says:

Stunning!Stunning & Stunning.. 🙂

This is so very beautiful, elegant, and in such pretty colours.

21. I love your article. It can help me get much useful information. Hope to see more words in it. I think you will have interests to see

22. Bev J. says:

Beautiful! I love the purple family and your card captures them all. Gorgeous dp!

23. Carolyn says:

Oh my goodness! I absolutely love that. The colors are beautiful.

24. betty says:

wow !! just so love your work a nestie grand on the wish list xx

25. Jaline says:

WOW, those colors are breathtaking. I can see you are having lots of fun with the dies. The description of your designing process is great. Fabulous card and I agree with the Krylon pen, the best. Thank you for sharing your art piece, you made my day.
    Hugs

26. Karen says:

What a beautiful card. I just love it and the colors are WOW. Thanks for sharing – your talent always amazes me.

Wow, your colros are so vivid and I simply love your card, gf!

28. atkinsia says:

As always, Jeri, your work is absolutely beautiful! It’s always a pleasure to see and wait for your next project. (smile)

29. velta says:

Oh Jerri ~ This is just stunning! I love all of your sweet touches on this card…the flowers, crochet lace, ribbon intertwined, pearls, gold leafing, feathers, ALL of it! I am such a fan, that I just wish I had the time to spend trying out all of these beautiful creations of yours…think I might retire in two years and then maybe, just maybe I will have the time…Thank you so much for sharing…I keep coming back to your blog and looking at all of your past posts. All of your creations are just amazing…have a great weekend my friend!

30. Maz says:

Hi Jerri!
    Oh my! another beautiful creation or should I say masterpiece. Your work is outstanding.
    I love the shape and how you used the lattice border. the flowers are wonderful. In fact everything on your card is perfect.
    Hugs Maz

31. Peggy Allen says:

Beautiful, stunning. Love the paper, stamps, dies, flowers and your unique way of making it so breathtakingly beautiful.
    God bless,
    PeggyS

32. Fran says:

Jerri, you always think outside the box and challenge everyone to do the same. Wow; just gorgeous!

33. Susie says:

Stunning, just stunning, Jerri! Beautiful sweet touches of little butterflies, pearls, and the woven ribbon – gorgeous. You really do an excellent job with the background setup for your photographs too. It adds a beautiful professional look to an already exquisite card. I’m a little behind on comments but now that I’m home again I’m going to get caught up.

Have a blessed Easter. Stay safe too. The storms that have come up from the gulf and those hitting the south have been terrible.

Susie~

34. What a lovely visit I’ve had here this evening, Jerri! Your handmade flowers never cease to amaze me, and the innovative shape to this card is hugely inspiring. Oh, and what gorgeous paper! Well, every detail is just stunning. I have feathers in my crafting arsenal, but I’ve never used them quite like this. The feather pluckers better get to plucking because lots of folks will be wanting to use feathers after seeing your gorgeous creations!

35. bethann d says:

another stuningly beautiful card. you are a true inspiration to me, i’ve tried to step up my card making and it is due to you. thank you so much.

36. LindaMar says:

I LOVE it! I like to use feathers in my projects, too. It adds a little unexpected twist to the elegant. Maybe someday I’ll get it together long enough to put up a card or two online…Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation.

This is gorgeous Jerri, I love the gold leaf pen and the beautiful flowers.

Oh my gosh… lovely as always Jerri! I just told my sweetie that you have such talent with color and design. And you really do. I have never seen anything you do that isn’t gorgeous! I keep thinking I need to get one of them, every time you show something new. You’re such an enabler! TFS
    Hugs, Jess

39. This is so gorgeoussssss! LOVE IT!!!!

Gr. Corine

40. Denise says:

I love how you add pearls to your ribbon, the raised Spellbinders frame looks awesome, and the use of feathers is so clever and such a beautiful touch.

41. Total Beauty. Love the colors and all your beautiful details.

This is absolutely jaw droppin gorgeous, Jerri!!!! First of all, I sooo love the beautiful colors and papers you used and OMG, your flowers are over the top, girl!!!! The gold along the edges gives this such an elegant look and how cool to add the feathers….love every little detail!!!

43. Amazing, I love that shape, such pretty paper, and love your gold edging on it, your flowers are so lovely, terrific embellishing!

44. Sheila-UK says:

Hi Jerri I’m back after a wonderful 5 day break and God blessed us with 27 degrres of beautiful sunshine…so unusual for midsummer in the UK let alone April.
    Well I have returner to see two more of your stunning cards and such beautiful colours too…many thanks for all the inspiration you give us.
    God bless.

Love Sheila xx

45. Marimer says:

Acabo de tener la fortuna de conocer tu blog, son maravillosos todos tus trabajos, la elegancia y creatividad de todos me encanta y espero que ellos me inspiren en lo poco que hago. Gracias.
    Enhorabuena por tu trabajo.

46. Jenny Gropp says:

Jerri…. Another beauty! The woven ribbon studded with the pears, the gold edging…. Exquisite!

Love the look, the colours, the layout. Beautiful, beautiful card.

48. Oh my goodness…..this is so pretty….I love the colors…..and your flowers are just gorgeous….another masterpiece…..and inspiration……tfs