Apr 10 2014

Tending The Roses

Good morning Ladies! Today I have a card to share using Graphic 45’s Sweet Sentiments designer papers.

I used Graphic 45’s 8 x 8 paper pad for this design. The roses in the background paper are a perfect match with my roses. I’ve added green stamens to the centers of the roses, love that! This card doesn’t photograph as well as it looks in real life, the colors are soft, yet intense.

In this close up you can see the white beaded stamens, I adore those! I found them in the bridal section at Michael’s. The key was purchased years ago, I painted ivory acrylic paint over it. Do you see the delicate white swirls? That’s the Quinn Flourish die from Memory Box, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite die brands. The roses were made using Spellbinder’s Rose Creations dies (another favorite). The leaves were made with Susan’s Garden Leaves dies (very versatile set of dies for leaf choices). The fern is a Dee’s Distinctively die that I recently purchased. I’ve tucked in Prima gypso flowers under the roses. Olive seam binding adds a bit of elegance, it’s soft and shiny, feels like silk.

Again, you see the Quinn Flourish die cut with its elegant swirls in the upper corner – just love this die! You can see the top of the key in this photo, I love painting over the brass finish to create a bit of  “shabbiness” here and there. I used a bit more seam binding and tucked in one of Darsi Bruno’s fabulous stick pins in the arrangement. The pin gives the appearance of beautiful pearls nesting within the flowers. I’ve tucked in more white stamens, green stamens, as well as Prima gypso flowers.

A few page pebbles placed on the background panel complete the design. A beautiful card with elegance and grace, a touch of “vintage” and a touch of “shabby”.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I feel so blessed when you take time from your busy day to visit with me — sending warm wishes your way for a beautiful, sunny day and weekend! I hope you have plans for a fabulous weekend with family and friends. I’ll be back early next week . . . hope to see you then!

Supplies I used on this design:

Paper:  Graphic 45 – Sweet Sentiments 8 x 8 – (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Dies:  Spellbinders’ Rose Creations (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store); Memory Box Quinn Flourish (StarLitStudio); Susan’s Garden Leaves (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique); Dee’s Distinctively Fern

Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks:  Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Victorian Velvet, Dried Marigold, Tattered Rose, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Ribbon:  Olive Seam Binding (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Accessories:  Darsi Bruno Vintage Stick Pin, Bow Easy (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store); Stamens, Key (Michael’s); Robin’s Nest Page Pebbles; Ivory Acrylic paint; Scor It; Distresser; Prima Gypso Buds (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique)

Adhesives:  Zip Dry, Crafter’s Pick (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique)

37 Responses to “Tending The Roses”

1. Jocelan says:

Lovely creation,I sure do enjoy looking at all the things you make.
    Blessings Jocelan

2. Jan Castle says:

Very pretty Jerri…your flower creations are WONDERFUL!!! I sooooo enjoy your creations!
    Jan

Oh, Jerri, how your art speaks to me! This card truly reflects grace and elegance. What a wonderful expression of creativity! Your flowers are just perfect! And they add so much dimension to the design. I just love what you have created here. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us!!

4. Kristine Vencel says:

Jerri, I am never disappointed when I see your creations. This one is elegant & exquisite! The roses appear so real I can almost smell their fragrance. This is the best time of the week, when I open my email & find a new Jerri design! Thank you!

5. Trisha says:

Hi Jerri.
    These are most beautiful handmade paper roses I have ever seen.
    Nicer by far than store bought.
    Been thinking about that die for some time but many of the examples looked flat and plain.
    After seeing yours, I will be ordering that die for sure.
    Can you please tell me what type of paper you used? Was it a special kind like crepe or what not, or is it all in your distressing?
    Ever think of doing a video tutorial? I would love that!!

6. Sandi Smith says:

This card is so fabulous! I love this paper and your additions to it have really made it shine. I love your roses. The Spellbinder rose die is my favorite too. In fact, i bought two so i can cut more at one time. That is the only time i have ever done that. I would love to know what paper you used for your roses and if you have a tutorial for making them. I would love mine to look more like your beautiful roses!

7. Sheila - UK says:

WOW….this is so elegant! For all the time I’ve been following your blog you have never ceased to amaze me. From the colours you use to those stunning ever so perfect flowers. Your blog is a treasure of scrumptiousness and I always look forward to receiving an email to tell me you have put a new creation on your blog. Thank you so much for sharing it with us,

Love Sheila xx

8. Ellen says:

Jerri, Another lovely creation! You set the standard high. Thanks for the challenge.

WOW! Love the colors and the flowers and the…well everything! lol TFS Hugs, Jess

10. […] Find Jerri’s post on her blog with more photos and explanation. […]

11. Nancy says:

Jerri, Again you “wow” me with a beautiful card ! I also love the rose creation die cut from spellbinders and was hoping you would give a tutorial on how yours is so realistic. What kind of paper do you use for them ? Thanks again for putting a smile on my face when I see the beautiful things you create. Your an inspiration to many .

12. Phil says:

Again you give a super card. Love it. Thanks for sharing

Phil

I love the Sweet Sentiments paper combination Jerri and decorative elements but the flowers take the cake. How gorgeous! I am always thrilled to your post in my email box.

14. Cec says:

Gorgeous card with lots of wonderful shabby elements. Love the cheerful colour combination.
    Hugs!
    Cec

15. Darlene G says:

Beautiful as always. Just love your flowers.

16. Rebekka K says:

Jerri, this is just stunning. Love the shabby chic, & those flowers are gorgeous.

17. Cathy says:

How lovely! And there are so many more peach/apricot colored roses available now for gardens as well. As always, your cards are a feast for the eyes!

18. Mitzi Luttrull says:

Just awesome, Jerry! How do you get the stamens in the roses? Do you cut the stem and glue them in? What kind of glue do you use? I love that wispy flourish die! It adds a touch of elegance. As Cathy above says, “your cards are a feast for the eyes!” I so agree!

19. Mitzi Luttrull says:

P.S. What kind of paper did you make your large roses from? Did you color them yourself? Thanks.

20. Karen says:

Jeri, your art is scrumptious and positively makes me swoon!! 🙂 Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us!!

21. Cecilia Reyes says:

Jerry this card is so lovely, the paper harmonizes beautifully with your flowers… and they asre so exquisite. I love all the detail with the cuts from intrincat dies and the seam binding.

Very, very beautiful.

22. Shirley says:

Another wow! I am too wondering what paper you use for the roses. How do you get the texture into the petals? I’d love to see a video too. The colours are beautiful and the design is so balanced. Well done. It’s real eye candy.

23. Donna Ellis says:

How beautiful – melt-my-heart beautiful – Jerri, simply scrumptious in colors and layout. Very peaceful, truly a walk thru the garden. Jerri, when you distress edges and stitch, do you do one before the other? So happy to enjoy your artwork again. hugs, de

24. Eunice B says:

I would love to be able to follow you around in your craft room as you make your beautiful flowers!! I promise not to get in your way, oh well, I can dream a little (hehehe). All aside I have most of the products you used and I can tell you my card would never come close to looking like anything you create. You have such an eye and talent for creating. Thank you for sharing.

25. Anne Young says:

Hi Jerri, This card has a lot of things to offer and yet the color combo still rhymes perfectly!! Again it takes a lot of patience to tuck those teeny tiny things under the roses!! For me, I would just finish the card with half of the things you put in as I have no skill nor patience to glue up those little things without having them fall apart!! Again a beautiful card for sharing!!! Have a great weekend………Anne

26. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

Stunning!

27. You’re going to force me to buy that flower die. LOL I just adore the look of your blooms. Beautiful creation as always Jerri. Hugs!

28. Your roses are just gorgeous, I would love to attain that beautiful realistic look! They do look perfect with the paper. Such Beautiful details in your arrangement!!

29. Linda Brown says:

Just Beautiful!

30. Frances says:

Beautiful as always. Love your roses! Hugs Frances

31. Gloria Westerman says:

Oh my goodness this is so lovely….I just love your flowers…well everything you create….thank you so much for sharing this with us…love it…

32. Leanne says:

This touch of shabby really rocks Jerri! I love the colors, paper, little key and layout. Well done my friend.
    Hugs…Leanne

33. Michelle Rodgers says:

Beautiful work, my friend! Absolutely love everything about this! ♥

34. Jeri, this card is glorious. I studied and studied your gorgeous roses. What a gift you have! All the little details…the distressing, altering, layering make this such a special card. Thank you so much for sharing. It is amazing!

35. Chelsea Le says:

Shabby Vintage indeed! Love the feel of this card and your wonderful design and layout.

36. Oh, so gorgeous! The papers are beautiful, and it’s just unbelievable that you make most of those flowers yourself. They’re magnificent! Love those white beaded picks. They lay very nicely and are a lovely accent. Love Memory Box dies, too. Very detailed and excellent quality. It’s also nice how you can buy just one. Gosh, I have some I haven’t used yet, come to think of it. Have a beautiful Easter, Jerri!

37. Deb Saaranen says:

Jerri: First off, LOVE this color combo…it always speaks of fresh and pretty…Spring! Second, those blossoms are so very “drool” worthy…fabulously beautiful! Love the additional texture on the petals. I have tried to make flowers and for some reason, they do not come out looking anything like your creations!! It must be the special Jerri Kay Touch!