Apr 17 2014

Secret Garden Bird Cage

I’d like to wish everyone peace and love on this “Good Friday” and a Blessed Easter. On this Good Friday I’m counting my Blessings and am so thankful for my family and friends. They are all very Special to me, precious gifts from Him above.

Today I have card to share that I designed with Graphic 45’s Secret Garden designer pad 8 x 8 and 6 x 6 (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store). This design would also be beautiful using other Graphic 45 papers such as Sweet Sentiments.

Although the roses don’t look small in this enlarged picture, they are about 3/4″ in diameter. They were made using the smallest die from Spellbinder’s Rose Creation dies. I started with white paper and tinted it using Tim Holtz Distress Inks (listed at the bottom of this post). The small purple flowers are Prima gypso flowers. The brass bird cage, brass “special” tag and stamens are from Michael’s. The Melissa Francis pearls, peach seam binding and crochet lace are from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. I created the bow using the Bow Easy ribbon tool.

The delicate white swirl design below the flowers and bow is a Memory Box die called Venita. I wove the seam binding into the crochet lace and layered tulle under the panels. The edges of the panels were distressed and tinted with Antique Linen Distress Ink using a sponge dauber. A bit of crystal glitter was added to two of the corners of the focal panel.

This design is multi-functional, i.e, Easter, birthday, thinking of you, friendship, etc. I pre-made the leaves and roses, so it went together rather quickly.

I’m going to try to not eat too much this Sunday, those chocolate bunnies are going to be hard to resist! . . . LOL!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I’ll be back early next week . . . hope to see you then!

Supplies used in this design include:

Ribbon: Peach Seam Binding; Crochet Lace, Tulle, Bow Easy Ribbon Tool (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Antique Linen, More Mustard, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Tattered Rose, Rusty Hinge, Dried Marigold, Old Paper, Wild Honey, Victorian Velvet (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Paper: Graphic 45 Secret Garden, (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store) White Cardstock

Dies:  Spellbinder’s Rose Creations (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store); Memory Box Venita (Starlitstudio); Susan’s Garden Leaves

Accessories: Sewing Machine, Diamond Dust Glitter, Melissa Frances Pearls, Mini Misters, Sponge Daubers, Crystal Glitter, Stampa Simply Ribbon Store), Scor It, Prima Gypso Flowers, Bird Cage, Sentiment, White Stamens (Michael’s), Zip Dry Adhesive, Crafter’s Pick Ultimate Glue, Genesis Paper Trimmer

33 Responses to “Secret Garden Bird Cage”

1. Beyond gorgeous, as always. Absolute perfection!

2. […] Find Jerri’s post here with more photos and more details. […]

3. Kristine Vencel says:

I am just so fascinated by your flowers! The colors, the textures, the shaping make them so real-looking. They are my inspiration for flower making!
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful card. A blessed Easter to you & your family.

How beautiful!!! This is a gorgeous card! There is so much attention to detail. Everything about this card is artistic and thoughtful and creative. What a wonderful work of art you have shared with us. Thank you so much!
    I’m hoping you have a glorious Resurrection Sunday celebration! – and eat all of the chocolate bunnies you can hold!

5. Ruth Ann says:

Die cut Ventia, is a must to my stach. I love the card.

6. Heather Peel says:

Hello Jerri .another wow ,this is stunning ,and beautiful, what a treasure to recieve .
    i love all your creations , your flowers are always my certain favourites.
    Have a restful and loving time with the family this Easter Holiday.
    bless you Jerri.always Heather

7. Phil says:

Sooooo lovely as always. Happy
    Easter. Enjoy the chocolate.
    Phil

Happy Easter Jerri,
    He is Risen!
    Your card is beautiful. There is so much to see, you don’t know where to look next!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us. Hugs, Jess

9. Rebekka K says:

This is STUNNING Jerri! Love Graphic 45 design paper, and love all the beautiful little details.
    Have a Blessed Easter.

10. Cathy says:

Truly lovely, Jerri. The flowers are so amazing! What a beautiful card to let someone know how special they are! All of the extra little touches add (like the netting along the right side and the pearl topped pins) just add a degree of elegance that most traditionally made cards fail to capture. You have such an eye for that kind of thing!

11. Donna Ellis says:

Happy Easter, Jerri! Beautiful Spring/Easter card, with so many lovely attentions to detail. I always marvel at the shading in your flowers. In this case, they are extra beautiful. My favorite detail today is the weaving of the ribbon through the double row of lace. Gorgeous! Hope your week-end is special. hugs, de

Happy Easter Jerri. I love this gorgeous vintage birdcage card. The flowers are to die for. I have this rose set and haven’t used it in ages. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend. Hugs!

13. Ellen says:

Hi Jerri, Another beautiful card! Hope your Easter is filled with blessings.

14. dottie says:

Gorgeous! No other word for it! Have a very wonderful Easter…He Is Risen! Now we have a Saviour!

15. Debbie Dunham says:

Very pretty! You make the most beautiful flowers and everything comes together so perfectly!

16. Janie Printz says:

Jerri this is just so gorgeous … Love all the details & your flowers are the best !!! So realistic & I even have that Rose die set but haven’t mastered the technique to make them anywhere near like yours. Your creations are always a step above anything else & am always delighted to see a new post to see what wonderful thing you come up with next. LOVE the butterflies you sometimes use.
    Hugs, Janie

17. Deb Saaranen says:

Beautiful Posy Jerri! It looks beautiful enough to wear as an Easter corsage!

18. Susan says:

Gorgeous card, Jerri…your creations are so beautiful! Love the netting in between the layers!

19. Konnie says:

Jerri so good to see you back and your cards and creations are just so beautiful and inspiring. I have missed your sweet blog. Every card is a masterpiece.

20. Cec says:

Perfect shabby creation with gorgeous flowers. Love the tulle and pretty lace peeking out.
    Hugs!
    Cec

Lovely card, Happy Easter ~Diane

22. Gorgeous, just love the flowers, such pretty colors, pretty threading of the ribbon on the lace, love the use of the dies and the distressing, gives it a vintage feel!

23. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

A piece of art work, that’s what this gorgeous card is. I so love your flowers, they reach out to me. I have to admit I look at your blog constantly and just look at the postings over and over, each time seeing some thing different and just as beautiful! I am so very glad you are back posting, you sure have been missed, but didn’t lose your artistic touch. As we head into the Easter weekend, I would like to wish you and your family an Easter Sunday filled with family, love and Gods Blassings upon you.

24. Kim Hupke says:

I just love seeing your designs again Jerri!!!!

Always gorgeous!

Kim

25. Jill C. says:

I’m go glad to see you back! Your creations are a blessing. I do have a couple of questions for you- Would you please share the sizes of the cards you make? and, if you mail out these works of art, how do you manage it? I’m still waiting for you to teach classes in Brandon…..

26. Leanne says:

Jerri

How absolutely divine! Everything flows so nicely. Another masterpiece!
    Hoping your Easter was blessed.
    Hugs…Leanne

27. Anne Young says:

Hi Jerri, A really shabby chic card. Like your sewing and the handmade flowers of course. Never really get tired of your beautiful cards. Happy Easter!!!……Anne

28. Sheila - UK says:

Sorry I’m late visiting your blog but Hubby and I went away for a few days and have only just returned. Oh and what a beautiful card to return to as always it’s stunning. I adore your flowers and the cheerful colours too. You always brighten my day with such wonderful designs and I thank you so much.

Love Sheila xx

29. Lorel-Lye says:

So, oh so very happy to see you back. You have been truly missed.
    Welcome back.

30. An absolutely stunning creation, Jerri! Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter.

31. What a glorious card…I love the “sugar coating” in the upper right hand corner and of course, the fabby flower cluster with crochet lace. Beautiful layers and distressing.

32. Ooooh, the stuff dreams are made of! Beautiful flowers and paper and I just love that little bird cage! I hope you had a lovely Easter!

33. Very nice article, exactly what I was looking for.