Nov 02 2014

Parchment Verbena

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 003 copy

I painted this Verbena image several weeks ago. I wasn’t sure if I was going to blog it or not. The painting technique is called tip-tip-tip. I’ve painted it before with no problem, but had a difficult time this time around. I made the card for a friend who is like a little sister to me. The design is from a designer that I greatly admire. Gerti Hofman is a Master Instructor with the I.P.C.A. Her designs will leave you breathless. This design is from her book, The Art of Painting – step-by-step. The book is an instructional book illustrating painting techniques for parchment. It contains 21 beautiful designs. I will complete the book, there are so many beautiful techniques clearly illustrated within the designs in the book.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 034 copy

The background of the focal image was dorsed with Dorso Lively Crayons (pastels) on the back side of the parchment paper. I used the blue pastel on the top and the green pastel on the bottom. Using a tissue with a dab of Dorso Oil, I blended the two colors together to create a soft, translucent background. The flowers and leaves were painted with Tinta inks with a #2 Kolinsky Pergamano paintbrush. The border lines were traced with a mapping pen using Tinta white ink.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 001 copy

The pattern calls for Tinta blue ink on the Verbena. I got a little creative and mixed in purple ink as well for a bit of a mix.

If you’re interested in parchment craft, please e-mail me and I’d be very happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I so enjoy sharing these beautiful designs with you.

Jerri Siggy2

Supplies Used:

Paper:  Regular Parchment Paper

Book:  The Art of Painting

Perforating Tools:  1-Needle; Angle

Embossing Tools:  Extra Small BallSmall BallLarge Ball

Tinta Inks:  White, Leaf Green, Blue, Sepia, Yellow

Dorso Crayons:  Lively Colors, Dorso Oil

Accessories:   White PencilMapping Pen#2 Kolinsky Paint BrushEmbossing PadShallow Perforating PadDeep Perforating PadPerga GlueParchment ScissorsSpongeTear Off Palette

24 Responses to “Parchment Verbena”

1. Marion says:

So pretty, as always. We visited a wood merchant one day and they had the most beautiful, luxurious, enormous hanging baskets that were just planted with multi coloured verbenas. The plants were packed in and the coloured waterfalls were spectacular. Such simple badkets but I never forgot them.

Marion in the UK

Very pretty, Jerri, and I’m so glad you decided to blog it. I think it is just beautiful! The background you created really does highlight your Verbena, and your parchment work is gorgeous as usual. Thank you so much for sharing your artistry!

3. Jan Castle says:

What a sweet and beautiful card Jerri….sooo real! TFS your talent!
    Jan

4. Edna Siu says:

Your work is always, as usual, no doubt, adorable.

5. Trish says:

Another beautiful work of art. I am very interested in Parchment craft, but only as a true admirer of such breath taking beauty. TFS
    Many hugs,
    Trish xx

6. Delicate & Stunning as always x

7. You never cease to amaze me, my friend!!! I love that you constantly challenge yourself in the parchment world and this is no exception. Well done….very well done. 🙂

Happy Parching,
    Vickie

P.S. Love your new blog signature…..if not new, it’s new, to me, as it’s been a while since I’ve been here to see what you’re up to….lol

Jerri, your work with parchment is incredible. This is so elegant and feminine. What a treasure for the recipient.

9. Joyce B. says:

You are such a talented lady. Everything you make is stunning. Thank you for sharing.

10. Heather Peel says:

Hi Jerri lovely to hear from you ,hope all is well with you all. This is a beautiful card .love the blue tones .pretty as ever .Take care of yourself .hugs Heather

Lovely Jerri. I am always amazed when I read your descriptions. It s seems so intricate, as to be almost impossible. And yet I am looking at it! Your talent is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing it. Big hugs, Jess

12. Debbie Dunham says:

Absolutely stunning. I so love parchment craft. It is so fine and delicate!

13. Kristine Vencel says:

Gorgeous! So soft & delicate, so lifelike. Jerri, your work never ceases to amaze me!
    I am sure your friend will adore this card.

14. ELAINE B. says:

and you paint too!! beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

15. Grace N says:

Ooooooh Jerri…. I’m breathless!!! If you had trouble with this, I cannot even imagine where! Every fraction of an inch is beautiful!!! Love the verbena and all the gorgeous details of the parchment! Can’t wait until I can have a few extra minutes to get my parchment supplies out and play again! Right now they are laying sadly in a storage cube waiting to be gotten out again…. hopefully soon!!! Soooo glad you decided to share it with us!!!

hugs,
    Grace

16. Rebekka K says:

OOOOH Jerri, this is stunning! So delicate and such beautiful colors.

17. donna says:

Beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing with us.

18. Barbie says:

Today’s card is beautiful, however I must say when I received it, the card is simply breathtaking. Thank you so much for my birthday card. I love you “big sis”. You are the BEST!

19. MARIBEL says:

Preciosa, me encanta, y el marco es precioso, me gusta mucho el diseño triangular y en cuanto a la pintura me parece fantástica.
    Besos desde España.

20. I am glad you shared your lovely creation!!! Such pretty coloring, I like how you did a soft background too, the flower framing sets it off so nicely!

21. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, my, Jerri, I’m so glad you decided to share this gorgeous card!! It’s absolutely stunning, and the coloring is amazing! I so love the fine details of your parchment cards, and this one does not disappoint! Absolutely brought a smile to my face this morning…and a sigh! Hugs, sweet friend!

22. Cecilia Reyes says:

Absolutely beautiful, every detail is so exquisite…

23. Lorrayne Ingram says:

Question. A friend and I were discussing parchment and vellum. What do you use for glue or tape? Or dont you use them to adhere to cardstock.

24. Totally love the mix of the blue and purple inks. It just jumps off the card at you and all your parchment work is so beautifully delicate. Oh to have the patience to do this. 🙂 Hugs!