Nov 04 2014

Christmas Fairy Ornament

Published by at 10:50 am under Christmas,Dry Embossing,Holiday,Parchment Craft

Christmas Fairy 1 copy

I made this adorable Christmas Fairy ornament to place on my Christmas tree this year. I think I’ll place it in front of a light so that it glows like a night light. She’s just so sweet! I didn’t paint her, she’s on vellum, the paper behind her is regular parchment paper with a bordeaux parchment paper insert. I got the pattern from an old Pergamano Magazine, Volume 21. The design is by Nathalie Koning.

Christmas Fairy 5

Christmas Fairy 4

I embossed the back of the vellum to highlight her bow, the snow, her booties and the little bird. This ornament was pretty quick to make. I embossed the small dots around the fairy, the second layer was perforated and embossed to create the tiny snowflakes, stars were perforated and cut to match the star on her wand. The ornament is 4 3/4″ in diameter. It can be used as a tag or small card to place on a gift or gift bag as well.

Thank you so much for your visit, until next time .   .   .

Jerri Siggy3

Products Used:

Paper:  Regular Parchment Paper, Bordeaux Parchment Paper, Magical Fairy Vellum

Magazine:  Pergamano, Volume 21

Perforating Tools:  1-needle2-needle, 4-needle, 5 in circle, butterfly

Embossing Tools:  Fine StylusExtra Small BallSmall Ball, Large Ball, Extra Large Ball

Accessories:  White PencilEmbossing PadShallow Perforating PadDeep Perforating PadParchment Scissors

31 Responses to “Christmas Fairy Ornament”

This ornament is so precious Jerri!

2. dottie says:

What an adorable little ornament. It is so dainty and intricate. Beautiful Jerri.

3. Eunice says:

Hello Jerri, another beautiful creation. Your little ornament is so cute! I want one.

4. Jan Castle says:

What a beautiful ornament Jerri!!!!
    Jan

5. Anne Young says:

A great way to decorate the Christmas tree. I like vellums a lot!! Beautiful ornament, Jerri!……Love, Anne

6. Marion says:

This little poppet will make a beautiful addition to your tree. The perfection of your every make never ceases to amaze me Jerri, all of your work truly is exquisite. Thank you for sharing this lovely decoration.

Marion in the UK

7. MARIBEL says:

Precious little card. I had a small break. I hope soon to resume my activity.
    A kiss. And please, I want to see much¡¡¡ I love your work.

8. Sue says:

Such a dainty ornament. I have not tried to make any Pergamano but I love to look at it. Maybe some day I will make the effort to give it a try. Yours looks gorgeous!

9. Gloria Westerman says:

Oh how pretty…that would look so pretty even on a package too…gorgeous….tfs

10. Phil says:

That is just beautiful Jerri your tree will be very special having this lovely ornament.

Hugs

Phil

Oh my gosh, wherever did you find such a sweet little Angel! A lovely design. And a new (for me) tool… the butterfly. You do wondrous work. TFS big hugs, Jess

12. Donna says:

such a talented lady. You do such beautiful cards etc.. I am always amazed. Thank you for sharing with us.

13. Joyce B. says:

Too cute for words. Beautiful eye candy this morning. Thank you.

14. Donna says:

Beautiful. Such a talented lady. Thank you for sharing with us.

15. Donna says:

such a talented lady. Your work is always wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

16. Kristine Vencel says:

what a precious design! Love the softness & innocence of the fairy. Beautiful, Jerri!

17. Grace N says:

Ooooh Jerri this is just too cute! The sweet image makes me smile and your beautiful parchment work makes me *sigh*! This will be beautiful on your tree!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

18. Charlene Dahlberg says:

Oh Jerri she is just so adorable!! She will be a wonderful addition to your tree. Bet she will make all your wishes come true.

19. oh my that is just the sweetest ever, your framing of it gives it such a wintry touch!!

20. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is absolutely adorable…I LOVE her! She is so beautiful and delicate, and that little bird at the bottom is so sweet too! Oh, how wonderfully delicate the border is and how you’ve used the Bourdeaux Parchment behind! Stunning ornament that will capture everyone’s attention, especially with light behind it! Ooh, you are tempting me, my friend!! 2015, here we come!! Hugs, my friend!

21. All the parchment/vellum work is so delicate and tiny…Not sure how you could do it, WOWZERS! I think this is a treasure for your family!

What a darling little ornament! The parchment work is beautiful and really enhances the snowy look of the focal design. Just so cute!!

23. Jocelan says:

Jerri this is a beautiful ornament,it looks so angelic.
    Blessings Jocelan

24. Jan D., Florida says:

Your creations are so unique….nothing like what I see on other blogs….magnificant, always.

25. Cec says:

Oh my goodness – she is just adorable. I can picture her with the light behind her – so pretty.
    Hugs!
    Cec

26. Cecilia Reyes says:

Oh what a beautiful and delicate ornament you have created. I am very familiar with the illustrations, because I’ve been seeing in many clear stamps, but never knew the illustrator’s name, thanks for that. You have magic in your hands…

27. Leanne says:

I have been way behind on all your beautiful postings recently. Each card or tag is so sweet.
    I’ve been at the hospital with my 87 yr. Old dad. Sorry that I didn’t respond sooner? Been quite busy with him. Its touch and go?
    Hugs…Leanne

28. Marilyn in E ~Town says:

There are no words to express how precious this is!!! Absolutely adorable! I so love your parchment cards.

29. So cute. For a young girl you would like to give her a sweet small gilf. Love it.

30. Debbie Dunham says:

Oh wow! Your ornament is just precious!

31. She deserves a front and center place on your tree. This is exquisite. I love those teeny tiny little stars and the embossing you did to make certain things pop out. Just precious!