Nov 05 2014

Graphic 45 – Come Away With Me

Published by at 11:00 pm under Dry Embossing,Spellbinders,Spring,Thinking of You

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 026 copy

Hi Peeps, today I have an adorable card perfect for that seasoned traveler. My mom’s sisters love to take cruises and this card certainly fits the bill. I used Graphic 45’s Come Away With Me designer papers, Core’dinations Colorcore Pastels 12 x 12 premium card stock, as well as mulberry paper for the flowers.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 076 copy

I used some of the flowers that I made with the mulberry paper when I did the Dahlia tutorials, as well as small roses I made with Spellbinders Rose Creations dies. I added a bit of cheesecloth in and around the flowers and panels, gives it a bit of an organic feel, together with burlap string. I brayered Frayed Burlap ink over the cheesecloth.  My Distrezz-It-All made a quick job of distressing the borders.

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 031 copy

Frayed Burlap Distress ink was sponged around the borders of the panels, the flowers are tinted with Dried Marigold (roses), Scattered Straw (yellow flower), Broken China and Peeled Paint (blue flowers).

Graphic 45 & Parch Cards 025 copy

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit today, until next time .  .  .

Jerri Siggy2

Products Used:

Paper:  Graphic 45 – Come Away With Me – 8 x 8, 6 x 6; Core’dinations Cardstock – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Mulberry Paper – A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique

Distress Inks: Frayed Burlap, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Scattered Straw, Broken China, Dried Marigold – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Dies:  Rose Creations, Dahlia – The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Accessories:  Stick Pins, StamensFoam Squares, Cheesecloth, Burlap StringCrafters Pick Ultimate Adhesive, Inkssentials Blending ToolDistrezz-It-AllGlue DotsGlossy Accents – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store; Zip-Dry Adhesive, Genesis Paper Trimmer

23 Responses to “Graphic 45 – Come Away With Me”

1. Jan Castle says:

Great take on the Graphic 45 papers Jerri…of course, I love the flowers!!!! Have to laugh as we are going to take a cruise in a little while!!!! So appropriate!
    Jan

2. Anne Young says:

A new way to use the cheese cloth – distressed and scattered them all around. Love it and all the distressed color flowers too!!…..Love, Anne

Jerri, Jerri! There are so many things to love about this card!! There are a host of cool ideas going on here – and the flowers!! Fabulous, as always. You are a genius!!

I love how you tucked the cheesecloth around the flowers Jerri. There are so many wonderful and creative elements to this card. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

5. Oh how beautiful Jerri!!! The flowers are just gorgeous and I really love the little bits of cheesecloth and the burlap string! That adds so much texture and stages the focal point so beautifully! You always blow me away my friend!!!
    hugs
    Grace

Gorgeous! You always do such wondrous things with color! Your flowers are so realistic, I want to put them in water! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card. Big hugs, Jess

7. pinky says:

Beautiful!

8. lisa808 says:

Wow–stunning card!

9. CherylQuilts says:

Oh, Jerri, this is gorgeous! What a beautiful theme!! Your flowers are exquisite, and I totally love the light, airy feel of the cheesecloth and the burlap…yum! It’s like what baby’s breath does in a beautiful bouquet of roses…adds a soft touch! And the layout is stunning along with the distressing, but your flowers are the show-stoppers for me! I LOVE them so! Thank you for sharing this beautiful card, and I know it will be cherished! Hugs, sweet friend!

10. Kristine Vencel says:

Beautiful card! Love the little touches that make it so perfect…..cheesecloth, burlap string, brown distress ink, torn edges. And, of course, gorgeous flowers! That just happen to be suited so well to the paper collection. 😉

11. Mitzi Luttrull says:

What a beautiful vintage-looking card! I love your flowers and the wispiness that the cheese cloth provides.

12. Such lovely flowers to go with the papers and love your addition of the stick pin, Lovely details!!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comments 🙂

13. Cec says:

Gorgeous and oh so vintage feeling. Love the colour combo and as always your fantastic flowers. I have had cheesecloth in my crafting stash for ages – amazing how effective simple and inexpensive household items can be in our art work.
    Hugs!
    Cec

14. Love Graphic 45! This is an awesome way to use those pre-made panels! I don’t like using them as a card because they ARE pre-made but this is really quite elegant and beautiful! I will have to keep this in mind! Thanks for all your creative, lovely ideas!

15. Cecilia Reyes says:

Very lovely and creative card, the cheese cloth looks fabulous… and the flowers are stunning!

16. Gloria Westerman says:

This is so fabulous….I love the cheese cloth tuck around…the color of it is so complementary…and your flowers are so pretty…prima doesn’t have anything on you…you make so realistic flowers….I’m not a big fan of G45 but this is gorgeous….love it….tfs

17. Donna Ellis says:

How lovely, Jerri – and such a wonderful sentiment! xo

18. […] You can find Jerri’s post with more photos on her blog here. […]

19. Gretchen Wilson says:

Beautiful Jerri, lovely work, I just need to get away from this machine that connects me to the world and go play with my stuff. lol

20. Debbie Dunham says:

Beautiful card! As always your flowers are gorgeous!

21. Margie Fulcher says:

Hi Grace: What a delight to open my e-mail and have a card from you. Your cards are so beautiful. When you mention that you made the flowers with mulberry paper, is that the same mulberry paper that has the fibers in it or is this a different paper? Thanks for sharing you amazing talent.

More of your beautifully made flowers on this gorgeous card and another two of your stunning parchment cards that I missed seeing until now. Lovely work.

23. Beautiful flowers, Jerri, and I just love how you worked in the cheesecloth. I love this very cool vintage paper, too.